Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 04:59 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Alan is unreachable ....
Only the Text is used as a guide here in my Christian home...

Therefore if you have a Bible verse that teaches that a wife does not have to submit to her husband?...then Bring It On!

Moderator cut: rude

I cant speak for others...
I cant speak for you
But as for me and my house, we serve the Lord.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-17-2009 at 04:55 AM..

Old 11-16-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Dear Alan..Will you agree that even though the first woman was taken from a man ....
I can only agree to , to what you can prove out of the Bible...

The Bible is very clear that Man was not made for the woman, but woman for the man.

This is why the Bible tells us that Man should not cover his head when he comes before the Lord.

For us guys were made in the image of God!
We are also the glory of God , but women are the glory of man (1st Corth 11:7)

Now this is how God made us and set up a system of authority within the family.
This is authority based on God's word....not based on the natural world.
For in just the natural world via reproduction both man and woman have their parts to play, and there really is no authority in the matter.

But in God's word we clearly see that while man and women are both loved by God in an equal manner as both are equally forgiven, yet too we see in the family there is a ranking of authority.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:32 AM

Now I was asked if the Bible teaches that only a husband can teach his wife about Bible topics?

The answer is no.
There is not verse that teaches clearly that the wife has to learn EVERYTHING about God from her husband.

In fact, there is a verse that clearly teaches that older women have a duty to teach the younger girls many things..

Like how to raise children, how to cook, and how to respect and submit to their Husbands!

Now the Bible does instruct wives to ask their husbands when they get home, but this was intended only to end a problem dealing with too many women interrupting the worship service with questions.

Asking the girls to save their questions until they get home was intended to help the girls get the information they were seeking in the best way possible.

Now I believe that asking your husband at home also serves to bind the husband and wife in the marriage in a tighter bond.
The husband will see that his wife has turned to him with her questions about God, and this helps support him in his position of being the head of the wife.

I dont not believe it is in any way helpful to supporting the husband's role of Headship of the wife , if the husband sees his wife going around his back with her questions.
This would tend to build a wall between the husband and the wife that is not needed.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:42 AM

"Wives,submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands."

This is right out of the Bible.
This is the heart of what the Christian wife should believe.
There is no bible verse that counters this.
This is the way God wants it...

Old 11-16-2009, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Older women are supposed to teach younger women how to submit to their husbands?
Yes, the older women are to give the younger the benefit of their years of experience and teach the younger about submitting to their husbands and being subject to them..
(see Titus 2:5 for proof)

Old 11-16-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Have a good day. Don't bother responding because ....
Oh I dont mind responding, and besides - " All members are welcome to post their opinions"

As for the headship talked about in the Bible being in your words , "Hilarious stuff"??...
God disagrees with you..

Old 11-16-2009, 06:05 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The answer is that I treat others as I would wish to be treated if things were the other way around.

If I was only a girl, and yet I believed in the Bible, then I would support my husband and submit to his leadership and headship of the home.

Case Closed!

That is how the Golden Rule would apply then as it does now....
I bolded the part of your quote, Alan, that I am responding to..That kind of mentality is exactly why I am offended by your "self righteous, holier than thou attitude" you have shown in this thread..I stand by Galatians 3:28 which clearly states that we are all equal and you can rant all day about context..won't change my mind..The Lord/master teaching found in certain denominations of man's religion is the carryover of ancient barbarianism when women were property, with no more rights than the slaves he also owned..

In the church (the bride of Christ) which is a marriage of sort, but certainly not a human marriage, we are members of the body , there is no male, female, slave, etc,etc, and the only "headship" is Christ..

A Christian marriage is two people united as one body with the authority belonging to Christ..A perfect marriage (if there ever is one) was the example to show that the members of the church act as one complete unit, in harmony under the head which is Christ..It has nothing to do with women being under mans authority..

When you take the bible completely literal without some historical knowledge of the past and without some knowledge of forms of literature and if one believes that every word came directly from the mouth of Christ then you have a people who become self-serving and that brings about contention and causes separations among the members and cuts them off from the body of Christ..I would hate to have that hanging over my head if I believed he would return anytime to take up his bride..

JMHO

Old 11-16-2009, 06:06 AM

Default The Truth will never die...

Submitting to your husband is a great way for a Christian wife to please the Lord.
Its in the Bible.
It's what God seeks from us.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
.The Lord/master teaching found in ...
I think its "found" in the New Testament...
I will Google it and get back to you with the verse so you can look it up...BRB

Old 11-16-2009, 06:10 AM

1 Peter 3:6 (New International Version)

"like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity