Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:23 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by limapie View Post
I was just over at a different thread where they were talking about
Islam, Christianity, Jesus divine or not. AntiChrist came up briefly.

They said that AntiChrist mentioned in 1 John is a single person. I was
always taught that the AntiChrist was not, one single person, but a group of people all following a false religion...a religion where they think it is sacred to kill for God.

It is strange that our three monotheistic religions of today all have come out of Moses' time. The ten commandment said, "Thou shalt not kill."

I find it totally awful that those few words spoken by God, Himself, are being disobeyed by two of the three monotheistic religions.

It is never God's will to kill. Period. Anything against this is a false religion.

Following greetings to you

Yes, it seems to me certain events or things that happens to us individually, we question our motives and to search deeply into the Scriptures, or asking people friends and neighbors and then finds some answers, and even the answers are more puzzling than the questions. Our mind's tend to expand and more open and willing to seek more knowledge and wisdom. It is impossible for one man of person to have the power of life and death, I believe there is a small group to have such power and influence over humanity it is not a conspiracy, but men that have been great ambitions or that laws of God do not apply to them. These groups of men are men of righteousness. No good man feels himself fettered and manacled by wholesome laws, nor does he feel that the purpose of law is to reduce him to a state of servitude. It is only the wicked who have this feeling-and in this sense the law is made for a man who intends to do wrong. The law is not made for a righteous man Some suppose that the law here refers to the ceremonial laws of Moses, (Clarke, Rosenmuller, Abbot others to the denunciatory part of the law, (Doddridge and Bloomfield and others that it means that the chief purpose of the law was to restrain the wicked. It seems clear, however, that the apostle of the pass does not refer merely to the ceremonial law, for he specifies that which condemns the unholy and profane; the murderers of fathers and mothers; liars and perjured persons. It was not the ceremonial law which condemned these things, but the moral law. It cannot be supposed, moreover, that the apostle meant, to say that the law was not binding on a righteous man, or that he was under no obligation to obey it-for he everywhere teaches that the moral law is obligatory on all mankind. To suppose also that a righteous man is released from the obligation to obey the law, that is, to do right, is an absurdity. Nor does he seem to mean, as Macknight supposes, that the law was not given for the purpose of justifying a righteous man-for this was originally one of its designs. Had man always obeyed it, he would have been justified by it. The meaning seems to be, that the purpose of the law was not to fetter and perplex those who were righteous, and who aimed to do their duty and to please God, It was not intended to produce a spirit of servitude and bondage. As the Jews interpreted it, it did this, and this interpretation appears to have been adopted by the teachers at Ephesus, to whom Paul refers. The whole tendency of their teaching was to bring the soul into a state of bondage, and to make religion a condition of servitude. Paul teaches, on the other hand, that religion was a condition of freedom, and that the main purpose of the law was not to fetter the minds of the righteous by numberless observances and minute regulations, but that it was to restrain the wicked from sin.
This is the case with all law.

1 Tim 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, (Anti-Christs, a group of people all following a false religion, but many in One)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 02:09 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Interesting, so the 60+ million Evangelicals & Catholics (taken from a 1926 census of German Church goers) in Nazi Germany alone (not counting Austria & Italy) were justified in supporting the Nazi regime out of duty to their government and following God's command to obey and follow the Authorities ???
If it contradicts the Bible then you make your own choice. Jesus did not say you could not defend yourself and we all know many religious leader have a great sway over their faithful than the word of God does.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:50 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:

always taught that the AntiChrist was not, one single person, but a group of people all following a false religion...a religion where they think it is sacred to kill for God.

It is strange that our three monotheistic religions of today all have come out of Moses' time. The ten commandment said, "Thou shalt not kill."

I find it totally awful that those few words spoken by God, Himself, are being disobeyed by two of the three monotheistic religions.

It is never God's will to kill. Period. Anything against this is a false religion.
It appears that the anti-christ will be Judas Iscariot, while God's two witnesses will be Moses and Elijah.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:57 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
If it contradicts the Bible then you make your own choice. Jesus did not say you could not defend yourself and we all know many religious leader have a great sway over their faithful than the word of God does.
Interesting, then I wonder who the German/Austrian & Italian Evangelicals and Catholics were defending themselves against ???

Old 01-02-2009, 12:26 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times
Quote:

Here you go Lima. I just did'nt want to repost it again. Many of these threads pop up again for discussion when a few individuals don't like the way the thread went. I noticed a new one popped up minutes after you made your post. Here is a post I made in the thread started by member 'freedom' back in November 2008.

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ml#post6278847

Old 01-02-2009, 07:03 AM

221 posts, read 379,592 times
I repeat....It is never God's will to kill/ murder.

Any religion that promotes this is a false religion.

Christians (if they have the backbone and God helps them) seek
conscientious objection status. They refuse to kill/murder.

If you read the OT correctly, you will see that humankind was the
one to always ask God to help them with their killing/wars. God
promises to be with his followers no matter what they are doing, it
doesn't say that he approves of what they are doing nor helps them
in what they are doing. He's watching and one day he'll judge based
on that watching. He tries desperately to guide us on the path of
love thy neighbor. He has given us free will.

Yes, I believe that the Jewish religion has bent itself once again
off God's path and is converting itself into a false religion.
Yes, I believe that the Islamic faith never ever was on God's path
and has always been a false religion. I believe that Islam is
the AntiChrist.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:16 AM

12 posts, read 15,319 times
Herod was the 'antichrist' or antipater. The father of the Herodian dynasty was Antipater. His name in Greek literally means 'like the father.' The Greek word 'anti' does not have the same meaning as modern English, resulting in many spurious teachings that have caused confusion in the body of Christ. Herod The Great was an Edomite (from Esau, the hated one) and was forbidden by law to be King of the Jews.
However, he was promoted to that position and proclaimed deity. He was a most evil tryant. (recommended reading: History of the Jewish People - The Second Temple Era)

concerning the temple: Haggai:15-19 "Give careful thought to this from this day on---...from this day on, from this 24th day of December, give careful thought to the day when the foundation of the Lord's temple was laid....Give careful thought......
1. The house of G d is not made of cedar - man did that. II Sam 7: 5-7
2. The house of G d would come from David's own body. II Sam 7: 11-12
3. Jesus was and is the house of G d. II SAm 7:13; John 2:19-21; Heb 9:11
4. you are G d's temple: Acts 17: 24; 1 Co 3:16; 6:19; 2 Co 6:16

(December 24, Jewish calender; December 25 modern calender, Jesus of Nazareth, the cornerstone of the temple of G d was born).

Old 01-16-2009, 12:22 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
For as much good as William Tyndale did I do tire of having to address more English/lost in translation issues.

"Thou shall not murder."

Old 01-19-2009, 11:00 AM

94 posts, read 135,507 times
[quote=limapie;6786955]I find it totally awful that those few words spoken by God, Himself, are being disobeyed by two of the three monotheistic religions.[quote]

Only "TWO" of the three? Not only Judaism and Islam, but Christianity also has had a part in it. And that part is also in our recent history.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:20 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
If it contradicts the Bible then you make your own choice. we all know many religious leader have a great sway over their faithful than the word of God does.
amen to that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity