Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:56 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I really do not think that Marian is saying Love is wrong...I really believe she is saying that many say it and do not mean it. .... . Just as in when we pass someone and say "How are you today?" Do we really mean it? Do we really want to stay and listen to what they have to say...I know for myself---sometimes I do...but I sometimes I have erred when I ask this question as I do not have time to stop and listen.

Always learning....I should think more before asking this question..and I should Really love when I am going to say it. I know many people really do feel they love everyone...and when they say it, they said it for real...but, sad to say...some do not mean it. I wish I were more like the ones who truely do find love in everyone....and can say it openly.
Doubt one, doubt them all. It spreads like a wild fire. Really, I've hit a wall here. Talk about tearing one another down rather than building each other up. Now we question expressions of LOVE? Pathetic. Being made in God's image and not being allowed to express the love He has given me because I now fear it will be seen as overused or fake or whatever. For the love of God, what is going on here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 11:02 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
So does it boil down to someone that expresses love so freely is fake?

Sorry but I'm slightly offended by this. When I am full of God's love, it is so easy for me to spread love around. Because of odd comments here and there at this site lately, I've been repressing that need. To me, that is what is really sad.

I'm just this side of disgusted.
Amen!!! Right there with you.....StirringWaters!!!

Wow, I just looked in my concordance and the list of scripture for love..... Well maybe Christians need to read and study more of how we are to love one another.

#1 the fruit of the Spirit is LOVE, then joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no LAW. Gal.5:22-23

Old 01-09-2009, 11:07 AM

852 posts, read 1,365,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Doubt one, doubt them all. It spreads like a wild fire. Really, I've hit a wall here. Talk about tearing one another down rather than building each other up. Now we question expressions of LOVE? Pathetic. Being made in God's image and not being allowed to express the love He has given me because I now fear it will be seen as overused or fake or whatever. For the love of God, what is going on here?
I have never doubted what you think or what you are...I can feel your love from here

I wasn't even speaking of people specifically here...just people in general. And how we all say things that we really don't mean....I never even gave thought to any specific person.

Have a nice day! and feel the love
Sherry

Old 01-09-2009, 11:12 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Blue peeps in on the christian room, smiles and says , "Love you guys, with a brotherly, sisterly love".....Door shuts very quietly again....Lest she is asked for book, chapter and verse...

Old 01-09-2009, 11:17 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Blue peeps in on the christian room, smiles and says , "Love you guys, with a brotherly, sisterly love".....Door shuts very quietly again....Lest she is asked for book, chapter and verse...
LOL....so much truth to that statement.......

Old 01-09-2009, 11:32 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times
Am I wrong, but is most of what has been posted here off topic?
Very little of it addressed my original concern.....

Old 01-09-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I have never doubted what you think or what you are...I can feel your love from here
Have a nice day! and feel the love
Sherry
LOL You're good for my soul.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Am I wrong, but is most of what has been posted here off topic?
Very little of it addressed my original concern.....
I am beating my head against a wall. When you don't like what is said somewhere, you call off topic.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss blue View Post
blue peeps in on the christian room, smiles and says , "love you guys, with a brotherly, sisterly love".....door shuts very quietly again....lest she is asked for book, chapter and verse...

:d

Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times
Just for the record, my OP was not aimed at StirringWaters.....
Or at anyone else that has posted on this thread....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity