Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 07:44 AM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I know what you are saying......

BUT......

1John 4:15-16
Who ever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

Now how can a person who abides in Gods love and God abides in him loose that love and kill themselves?

AND show me those documented cases of a believer who abides in Gods love and God abides in him that committed suicide because of the fear of hell?
If you have read and know of documented cases.....then produce them!
Or your statement is deceptive! Because if this is suppose to be true you can back up your statement!

Again, you didn't read my post Latte'Chic. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 07:52 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Again, you didn't read my post Latte'Chic. God bless.
Yes I did read you post....and you are stating that a believer in Christ Jesus has committed suicide because of the teaching of hell....

You are avoiding the question I have asked about your statement in your post...... that you have read documented cases and you are not backing up your statement, by showing these cases!!

NOW...........Where are they?????
That is all I'm asking, where are the documented cases? I would really like to read them!

Old 05-23-2009, 07:54 AM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
I stated this, Latte'Chic
Quote:

Hi Latte'Chic, maybe you misread my statement. I was saying that many have lost faith because of the teaching of eternal or everlasting hell and many have committed suicide because of the teaching of eternal or everlasting hell. Cases have been documented and I have read accounts of this. Many understand that everlasting torment does not reflect God's agape love or God's omniscience and many do not comprehend how this can be and as a result have lost faith or committed suicide. There are many people also who say that the only reason they have "decided" to come to God is because of the threat of everlasting hell. God bless
God bless.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:54 AM

428 posts, read 800,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
LOL....don't try to make me feel guilty over such dumb questions!!! Has nothing to do with WWJD!!! See below!
And now you're calling my questions dumb. Wow. What is your problem?

Old 05-23-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
And now you're calling my questions dumb. Wow. What is your problem?
Nothing dumb about it......

Old 05-23-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Nothing dumb about it......
Except you just said so, and now are backtracking.

Way to be the Christian example...of how not to act.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
I stated this, Latte'Chic

God bless.
Yep....here's your post, now where are the documented cases you have read....I would like to read them!!!

[quote]
Quote:
Hi Latte'Chic, maybe you misread my statement. I was saying that many have lost faith because of the teaching of eternal or everlasting hell and many have committed suicide because of the teaching of eternal or everlasting hell. Cases have been documented and I have read accounts of this. Many understand that everlasting torment does not reflect God's agape love or God's omniscience and many do not comprehend how this can be and as a result have lost faith or committed suicide. There are many people also who say that the only reason they have "decided" to come to God is because of the threat of everlasting hell. God bless.quote]

Old 05-23-2009, 08:04 AM

[quote=Latte'Chic;8944996]Yep....here's your post, now where are the documented cases you have read....I would like to read them!!!

Quote:
Hi Latte'Chic, maybe you misread my statement. I was saying that many have lost faith because of the teaching of eternal or everlasting hell and many have committed suicide because of the teaching of eternal or everlasting hell. Cases have been documented and I have read accounts of this. Many understand that everlasting torment does not reflect God's agape love or God's omniscience and many do not comprehend how this can be and as a result have lost faith or committed suicide. There are many people also who say that the only reason they have "decided" to come to God is because of the threat of everlasting hell. God bless.quote]
Like she'll be able to post all of that right here just because you demand it...so since she probably won't be able to do so, since you don't even know when or where she read it, you'll be able to easily disregard what she has said as a lie and continue on in your self-deception. Typical.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post

Like she'll be able to post all of that right here just because you demand it...so since she probably won't be able to do so, since you don't even know when or where she read it, you'll be able to easily disregard what she has said as a lie and continue on in your self-deception. Typical.
No, she doesn't have to show every case.....but if she wasn't lying she would have been able to show proof of her statement of the documented cases, instead of avoiding the question!! Like she is doing....that is deception! One should not make such statements unless they are true!!

A true believer in Christ Jesus, will not commit suicide because of the love of God that abides in their heart and they have been delivered from all fear!!

1John 4:17-18
Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

1John 4:15-16
Who ever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

Blessings

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 05-23-2009 at 08:24 AM..

Old 05-23-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
No, she doesn't have to show every case.....but if she wasn't lying she would have been able to show proof of her statement instead of avoiding the question!! Like she is doing....that is deception!
You seem to be self-deluded, IMHO. I have also read stuff like what she is saying but I couldn't tell you where I read it, since it's been a couple of years. She has not been avoiding the question and I think you are being more deceptive in that even if she did find that info you obviously would disregard it. You're full of insults and a belittling attitude towards us both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity