Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:30 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,030,722 times

Advertisements

Jesus told us through the apostle Paul this:

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (5) For (or the reason why it is that God will save all is) there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time (1Tim. 2:3-6).

And:

1Ti 4:9-11 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. (10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (11) These things command and teach.

Which begs the question:
Are you commanding and teaching that God will save all mankind?

or:

Are you commanding and teaching that God will not save all mankind?

Are you commanding and teaching that God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of those who believe?

or:

Are you commanding and teaching that God is not the Saviour of all mankind, just believers?

My very dear fellow believers, Christ is coming back and His reward is with Him. Will you be rewarded for faithful service to your Lord? I implore you to command and teach that which He tells us to. 1 Timothy 4:10 says we labor and suffer reproach for telling people God is all mankind's saviour and that God will save all mankind. Your labor and reproach will be rewarded in that future day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 12:47 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,603,225 times
You kill me with this "save all", "save mankind"......We get it. Doesn't change anything but YOUR theology.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You kill me with this "save all", "save mankind"......We get it. Doesn't change anything but YOUR theology.
Well, that's one less reward Christ has to come back with.

Next.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Well, that's one less reward Christ has to come back with.

Next.
I am sorry but what I should have said, is many in here have explained your verses away and yet you keep putting it up as if somehow we will see different?

Here is some advice. Going at someone's intellect does not work and really is not scriptural. Even if you convert someone by intellectual means they can always revert back by the same intellectual means. You go at their conscience, that is what it's there for and then let God do the rest.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-06-2009 at 02:25 PM..

Old 05-06-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I am sorry but what I should have said, is many in here have explained your verses away and yet you keep putting it up as if somehow we will see different?

Here is some advice. Going at someone's intellect does not work and really is not scriptural. Even if you convert someone by intellectual means they can always revert back by the same intellectual means. You go at their conscience, that is what it's there for and then let God do the rest.
Exactly, Fundamentalist, they explained Paul's verses away. That is the only way you can make them not say what God intended is to explain them away. To explain 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11 away is to make them not say what the original writer intended.

How much clearer can it be?

If God wanted us to know He will not save all mankind why did He say He will save all mankind?

If God wanted us to know He will save only the believer, why did He say He will save all mankind, especially them that believe?

God could just as easily have said "I will not save all mankind" and "I am the Saviour of only the believer." He did not.

So quit explaining them away. Take them at face value.

Be obedient, Fundamentalist! Be obedient! Tell your friends and family God will save all mankind and is all mankind's saviour!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Exactly, Fundamentalist, they explained Paul's verses away. That is the only way you can make them not say what God intended is to explain them away. To explain 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11 away is to make them not say what the original writer intended.

How much clearer can it be?

If God wanted us to know He will not save all mankind why did He say He will save all mankind?

If God wanted us to know He will save only the believer, why did He say He will save all mankind, especially them that believe?

God could just as easily have said "I will not save all mankind" and "I am the Saviour of only the believer." He did not.

So quit explaining them away. Take them at face value.

Be obedient, Fundamentalist! Be obedient! Tell your friends and family God will save all mankind and is all mankind's saviour!
Explain it away by using sound biblical doctrine. You act as if you found some kind of wonderful, magical key in translation, better, smarter and gifted than you has interpreted it differently from you but all of a sudden thousands of years later we should drop everything because you said it.

The bible has too many verses refuting what you believe not to mention the existence of hell is not an essential doctrine of salvation so I don't understand why you would spend so much time on a trivial issue? I mean we are all going to heaven so why should it matter?

Old 05-06-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Explain it away by using sound biblical doctrine. You act as if you found some kind of wonderful, magical key in translation, better, smarter and gifted than you has interpreted it differently from you but all of a sudden thousands of years later we should drop everything because you said it.

The bible has too many verses refuting what you believe not to mention the existence of hell is not an essential doctrine of salvation so I don't understand why you would spend so much time on a trivial issue? I mean we are all going to heaven so why should it matter?
Yea, why should it matter being obedient to our Lord. After all, who is this Jesus Christ anyway to tell us what to do! Ha! Hey, wait, I, umm, thought He was our Lord?

You say the Bible has too many verses refuting that "God will save all mankind" and "God is the Saviour of all mankind . . . these things charge and teach."

Wow, what a statement that is! The bible contradicts itself according to you! God can't be trusted according to you! You can't trust the Bible because it contradicts itself according to what you just stated!

What hell are you talking about, Fundamentalist? Of course there is Sheol, Hades, Gehenna and the lake of fire which is the second death. But these do not contradict that God will save all mankind.

Now I will ask you once again, If God wanted us to know He will not save all mankind why did He say He will? If God wanted us to know He is not the Saviouf of all mankind, why did He say He is?

It is not a matter of how it is translated. No matter how it is translated it still comes out that God is going to save all mankind and is all mankind's Saviour.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Yea, why should it matter being obedient to our Lord. After all, who is this Jesus Christ anyway to tell us what to do! Ha! Hey, wait, I, umm, thought He was our Lord?

You say the Bible has too many verses refuting that "God will save all mankind" and "God is the Saviour of all mankind . . . these things charge and teach."

Wow, what a statement that is! The bible contradicts itself according to you! God can't be trusted according to you! You can't trust the Bible because it contradicts itself according to what you just stated!

What hell are you talking about, Fundamentalist? Of course there is Sheol, Hades, Gehenna and the lake of fire which is the second death. But these do not contradict that God will save all mankind.

Now I will ask you once again, If God wanted us to know He will not save all mankind why did He say He will? If God wanted us to know He is not the Saviouf of all mankind, why did He say He is?

It is not a matter of how it is translated. No matter how it is translated it still comes out that God is going to save all mankind and is all mankind's Saviour.
No you contradict the bible. You are throwing strawmans out there.

Quote:
He did come to save all of mankind, He gave us all the gift- He made a way, we hear His voice it's up to us to receive the gift. If we don't then we damn ourselves.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 PM

342 posts, read 542,198 times
REPENT....turn from your sins.....trust and accept Jesus Christ "only" as Lord and Saviour.......no other way to be saved.......The alternative is ETERNAL HELL-FIRE

Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessif View Post
REPENT....turn from your sins.....trust and accept Jesus Christ "only" as Lord and Saviour.......no other way to be saved.......The alternative is ETERNAL HELL-FIRE
There is not one verse in all the Bible that says if you don't accept Jesus you will go to eternal hell fire. If there is, please produce it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity