Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:19 PM

61,255 posts, read 87,664,863 times

Advertisements

easy no brainer
dont wana die at 33 like him.
dont wana sleep under a bridge or in a park like he did
he got declared the son of god, most will not even remember my name when i am gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 12:20 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,030,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Eusebius how are we not serving the Lord when we say Jesus came to save mankind? and how does that verse apply to anything since we all go to heaven?
You do not believe nor teach that "we all go to heaven."

It is not just a matter of telling people that Christ came to save mankind. If you taught that God will save all mankind and in fact is the saviour of all mankind, you and those of your persuasion would not be fighting the injunction to charge and teach these things.

You in fact teach God is not all mankind's Saviour, just the believer. You in fact teach God will not save all mankind, just believers. Paul tells us to teach God will save all mankind and is the Saviour of all mankind ESPECIALLY of the believer. "Especially" does not mean exclusively.

Do I understand your question correctly?
Eusebius

Old 04-30-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Honestly...you lost me about 1/3 the way into it.

I do know that based on your other threads you hold to some heretical views, so I don't much care to read and analyze this one. Sorry.
kdbrich, just read 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11 noting the instruction in verse 11. Then ask yourself, Why do I call Jesus my Lord when I teach the opposite of what He tells me to teach?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:28 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,090,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
kdbrich, just read 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11 noting the instruction in verse 11. Then ask yourself, Why do I call Jesus my Lord when I teach the opposite of what He tells me to teach?

I don't teach the opposite. Christ is the savior of all people who believe. That's what verse 10 says.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:32 PM

kdbrich, but you do teach the opposite. You teach that God is the saviour of ONLY the ones who believe. That is not what verse 10 says.

I want you to open a new thread and do nothing but teach how God is going to save all mankind. Then we will see if Jesus is your Lord.

Last edited by Eusebius; 04-30-2009 at 12:47 PM..

Old 04-30-2009, 12:41 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,603,225 times
Quote:

It is not just a matter of telling people that Christ came to save mankind. If you taught that God will save all mankind and in fact is the saviour of all mankind, you and those of your persuasion would not be fighting the injunction to charge and teach these things.

You in fact teach God is not all mankind's Saviour, just the believer. You in fact teach God will not save all mankind, just believers. Paul tells us to teach God will save all mankind and is the Saviour of all mankind ESPECIALLY of the believer. "Especially" does not mean exclusively.

Eusebius
But Eusebius we do that and we we say you must repent and trust in Him? Eusebius when Jesus said. He is the ONLY way, that made the gospel exclusive not us.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:46 PM

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius

Eusebius

Quote:
But Eusebius we do that and we we say you must repent and trust in Him? Eusebius when Jesus said. He is the ONLY way, that made the gospel exclusive not us.
He is the ONLY Way all mankind will be saved.

Repentance and trust is the "especially believers" part of 1 Timothy 4:10. God is all mankind's saviour just as He is the believer's saviour. You need to begin to charge and teach this so Jesus will be your Lord.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius

Eusebius

He is the ONLY Way all mankind will be saved.

Repentance and trust is the "especially believers" part of 1 Timothy 4:10. God is all mankind's saviour just as He is the believer's saviour. You need to begin to charge and teach this so Jesus will be your Lord.
Not without repent and trust. That goes against the very essence of Christianity Eusebius.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,166,809 times
I'm not sure how Eusebius interprets this verse...

Matthew 7:13-14...
"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

...but it sounds like the many of you who are fundamentalists far outnumber the few such as MysticPhd and Eusebius, so I can't help but wonder who TRULY is on that narrow path headed for the strait gate. I'm really beginning to think as though you feel it's your duty to conduct your own personal inquisition of him and those who disagree with you. So tell me....when do I see the stakes erected and the flames lit?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
I'm not sure how Eusebius interprets this verse...

Matthew 7:13-14...
"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

...but it sounds like the many of you who are fundamentalists far outnumber the few such as MysticPhd and Eusebius, so I can't help but wonder who TRULY is on that narrow path headed for the strait gate. I'm really beginning to think as though you feel it's your duty to conduct your own personal inquisition of him and those who disagree with you. So tell me....when do I see the stakes erected and the flames lit?

What? We didn't start this thread plus isn't Eusebius the one creating the inquisition and we are the defenders. He has brought the charge not us? furthermore who cares what we say, what we say is irrelevant. Read your bible. There is the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity