Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What happens to babies/young children when they die?
They go to heaven. 59 64.84%
They go to hell. 5 5.49%
They go somewhere else (explain). 7 7.69%
I don't know. 9 9.89%
Other (please explain). 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 PM

80 posts, read 72,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I'm pretty sure God saying "the child is with me" means the unborn baby was in heaven...that is unless you're implying God is in hell.
no, no - I'm not suggesting that the child went to hell at all!

That would be unjust - however, NO one comes to the Father by by me, says Christ -thus, to send the child EITHER place prematurely would be unscriptural -and unfair

just like when a hurricane stops a class of students from taking a test, they neither award the kids an 'A' --NOR an 'F' --they reset the test date (e.g., Milleneum kids get a chance)

NBow, if you take the test, and FLUNK, the only thing here would be a 'REDO' aka a 'retake' --but that's like the Catholic 'Purgatory' -and I think that is not scriptural -however, since the baby's never had a "first chance" to "take the test" of like (decide t oaccept or reject Christ), he WILL probably get a valid chance in the Milleneum -and we must eagerly await our reunion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 10:33 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,147,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonWayneWatts View Post
I don't doubt that she heard something -however, per 1st John 4:1-2, we must test, prove, try the spirits. Is it of God?

This may *have* been of God -since it does not deny scripture: God (or some spirit or another) was claiming to speak about her particular situation -which may (or may *not*) have been one where the unborn child was better off -bottom line: Could be true (or false, in this case).

However, don't let *her* revelation make you believe that this means the child will go to heaven -by your own admission, the voice only said he's be "OK" (implying 'better) -not in "heaven," remember?

Since God is fair, I think the child who was killed before birth will have a comparable opportunity to accept or reject -God is fair.

God wants NO one to be lost, and if it *were* true that all babies that are killed go to heaven, then God would be all FOR killing toddler and unborn children -but since we know he is NOT for this, it is evidence that the kids are not going to heaven with 100% certainty if killed.

Gordon
Moderator cut: personal insult

I believe that Jason's sister heard from God, because God is Love, Patient, Kind and Good...

Moderator cut: insult

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-23-2010 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: Well, at least you were right about the mod cut

Old 01-24-2010, 02:39 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,332,882 times
I voted for "hell", however I understand hell to be merely the common grave of all men and believe in soul sleep, so basically dead children go nowhere as does nobody else, for I believe there is no afterlife prior the ressurection

Old 01-24-2010, 04:10 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times
A lot of Christians believe that if a child dies before the age of accountablility they go to heaven.
If they are not of an age or mature enough to know the difference between good and evil they are not held accountable for wrong doing.
There are versus in the bible that support this thinking. Although there is none that give a specific age. A lot of people consider the age to be about 12 yrs old.
Some believe that if a child is mentally retarted and never developes the ability to know right from wrong, no matter how long they live, the are regarded as children in Gods eyes.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:20 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,424 times
They go to heaven of course. Children are born innocent, so how could they go anywhere else? I don't see how anyone could believe otherwise. This would also apply to people who are mentally handicapped to the point that they never mentally reach adulthood. Jesus in the New Testament speaks of a loving Father who takes care of his children. There is no way a loving Father would send his children to Hell. Adults, however, have free will, so we choose what kind of live we live.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:42 PM

134 posts, read 891,305 times
I'm an atheist so I didn't vote but this is a question I've always been curious about.

At what age do children "cross that line" between choosing whether to accept or reject your god?

I mean, as per your beliefs...when I'm burning in Hell what is the youngest kid I'm going to see there?

Old 01-24-2010, 03:59 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
OK fine - I will be the voice of opposition.

Ultimately - I don't know. If you take Scripture literally, then it points towards more hell than heaven.

If you say that the baby has not committed a sin - thus making it a matter of law, then this turns out to be righteousness based on law. However, the Bible says:

Gal. 3:21 - Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law.

If righteousness based on the law does not result in eternal life, then the entire "babies didn't sin" argument is nuked.

Scripture continues to say:

Gal 3:22 - But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

What promise? The promise to Abraham by God that all nations will be blessed through him through faith (Gal. 3:6-14). The promise is specifically given to those who believe.

------------------------------------

If you want to argue from the David will be in heaven standpoint, there's one problem. David never speaks about heaven. When people died in the OT they were "gathered to their people". They all went to one place. (Dt. 32:50, Num. 20:26, Gen. 25:8).

I neither condemn babies who die early to hell nor assign them to heaven because the Bible is silent.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:49 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Under the Fulfilled Covenant of Christ:

No more shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not fill out his days, for the young man shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:36 PM

Smile the nature of HADES Hell ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I voted for "hell", however I understand hell to be merely the common grave of all men and believe in soul sleep, so basically dead children go nowhere as does nobody else, for I believe there is no afterlife prior the ressurection
Well, if you believe in the Bible (and I don't know if that is the case, but ... let's say you do), then you should accept that there is some sort of 'Hell' -for, indeed, it is spoken of by JESUS a WHOLE lot.

Now, what IS hell like?

To begin with, if we are to believe Matthew chapter 8, Mark chapter 5, and Luke chapter 8, the demons (falled angels) were BEGGING Jesus to not send them to this place.

Now, it would seem that THEY knew something WE didn't know ... things that make you go 'hmm'...

So, if hell were just 'destruction' like so many say (and they commit suicide thinking that this is all it is), why would the demons not have a similar outlook??

Probably because they KNEW what was up --ETERNAL TORMENT.

I have written extensively on the nature of hell (and on 'soul sleep' - a similar subject) -AND (get this) the scientific ACCURACY (as well as historical accuracy in predicting) of the Bible, but I don't know whether it is within the scope of the forum rules for me to post a referential link to my own research. (It IS non-profit -and there exist no 'reggular' means by which I could be paid -like credit card or pay pal --since I don't write for a living -just occasionally to better society -like i am doing here)

If the Bible is right, and I interpret it right (2 big IF's), then you are probably incorrect -and your belief that the wall socket is "off" does not change the fact that it MAY BE on -and shock the pure living daylights out of you. If that be true. :-) :-)

Last edited by GordonWayneWatts; 01-24-2010 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: addendum: ""(and on 'soul sleep' - a similar subject)""

Old 01-24-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Moderator cut: personal insult

I believe that Jason's sister heard from God, because God is Love, Patient, Kind and Good...

Moderator cut: insult
God IS indeed loving, but He is also just:

We ALL deserve hell, but I don't think He would send us there without a chance to accept or reject Jesus.

This would violate John 14:6 --NO one comes to the Father BUT by the Son.

However, God is also fair and equitable -and unbiased, not showing bias or prejudice or partiality to ANYONE -thus, God would HAVE to give them one chance fair and square -and that is most likely (I think) in the thing we call the 1,000 year Millineum.

Also, the Moderator apparently cut out insults --I do get upset at things in my personal life, but I would not be mad if you insulted me on the board --I am sorry that the Moderator clipped your comments -I would like to have tried to answer your questions / concerns -but alas allon: The board is not mine, and I am a guest who accepts the authority and rule of those who do own and manage the board -and provide it for FREE for us here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity