Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 03:27 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,982,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. I linked you to Ray Smith and his words because he sees the scriptures the same way you do...but seriously where I have a hard time with America in the Bible, is, the world was flat and Columbus had not sailed yet. Also if we are giving out 70 trillion dollars in funds to Egypt and Israel, were are we the richest nation again.

I just don't see us as all that. Show me America in the scriptures. My eyes are on Israel and Jerusalem & the East. And no, He's not on his way.
According to the Bible, in the Last Days we will see the Jewish people return to the Land of Israel, and Jerusalem. Their return will anger many nations around the world. And their return will lead the world into one of the last great wars on planet earth. And the fight will be for the control of Jerusalem. And this is clearly stated in Ezekiel chapters 37,38, and 39.
These prophecies were spoken of by Christians who lived hundreds of years ago, and Christians for many years stated that before Christ could return, we would first have to see the Jewish people return from a worldwide exile.

Also the Bible clearly shows us that their return would occur when the nations of the East would have the ability to raise up an army of 200 million men. In 1960, China stated they could raise up an army of 200 million if they needed to. And they gave the very number found in the Book of Revelation.

Also according to the Bible, there will be a country the Bible calls Mystery Babylon. Mystery Babylon is spoken of in Revelation 18 . This future Babylon is also spoken of in Jeremiah chapters 50 and 51. The Bible does not always give names. It sometimes gives descriptions of people and places. It did this with Jesus Christ in the Old Testament, and it also does this with the United States. The Bible knew thousands of years ago, that someday the Jews would return to their land and their return would trouble the nations to the point of world war. Columbus did not have to cross the sea for the Bible to understand that America would be. The God of the Bible knew all about America long before America existed. Just as the Bible knew that in the Last Days Jerusalem would be a cup of trembling to all nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 03:31 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,109,887 times
Every person that claims to know when the Return of Christ would happen is wrong....always wrong.

Every generation for the last 2000 years thinks "it" is the last generation.
Im sure in a billion years from now that there will be some Preacher standing in a tent and talking about his proof that "this" is the last generation.

My advice?
Live and plan for a future where the Christian church will be working as it has been for the next billion years.
While at the same time...
Live your life so that you are ready to meet your Maker should this be your last breath.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:45 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
http://www.abrahamic-faith.com/Simon/Babylon-the-great.pdf (broken link)

Old 05-23-2009, 03:51 PM

112 posts, read 173,403 times
God can not lie and He says "I will never leave nor forsake you"

Old 05-23-2009, 03:58 PM

What would be the sign that God has turned away from a people?

Well if I had to answer that question it would be that the all the people are without hope.
The people would be lost...with no chance at all of even hearing by accident the Word of God.

For if God walks away from a people there is no other voice that could help them at that point.
There would be no Church there,
No baptisms
No christian prayers...
No bibles read , no door of a church ever opened again.

But if you are a people that god is busy at work with, then there are some signs of that to look for too!

You would see baptisms!
You would see the Word of God being spread person to person, on TV, on the radio, from the street corner .
You would see church building programs
You would see children being taught in the faith of Christ.
You would see hope...even when things look grim.
And you would see within the churches...love.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Every person that claims to know when the Return of Christ would happen is wrong....always wrong.

Every generation for the last 2000 years thinks "it" is the last generation.
Im sure in a billion years from now that there will be some Preacher standing in a tent and talking about his proof that "this" is the last generation.

My advice?
Live and plan for a future where the Christian church will be working as it has been for the next billion years.
While at the same time...
Live your life so that you are ready to meet your Maker should this be your last breath.
Scripture states in 2 Peter 3 that in the last days scoffers will come to scoff, living according to their own desires and saying, where is the promise of his coming?

And the Bible shows us that we can know the general time of Christ coming if we study the prophecies. And that is why in the book of Revelation it states in chapter 1 verse 3. Blessed is the one who reads aloud and blessed are those who listen to this prophetic message and heed what is written in it, for the appointed time is near.

God has given us signs to watch for, and numerous Christians see and know these signs today. Yet sadly most of the world does not have a clue. Nor have they taken the time to study Gods prophetic Word. And many Christian hundreds of years ago knew that before Christ could return, first we would have to see the Jewish People return to the land of Israel, and retake Jerusalem. Those Christians back then knew the truth, and time has proved their belief true, and today we have many more prophecies being fulfilled. So to suggest that know one knows, simply requires ignoing what was stated in the past by other Christians whos belief has been proven correct with the passage of time.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
God can not lie and He says "I will never leave nor forsake you"
God was speaking of those who love him.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
What absolute poppycock

What does the Lord require of thee ,to be able to interpret end ministry? , know all church doctrine ? inside out ?,have absolutely every word of the OT and NT memorized? No No No

What does the Lord require of thee ? but to love mercy , do justly and walk humbly with your God .
If you are in fellowship and walking with the Lord you will know by the Spirit what is happening and what is about to happen.

To be able to discern the times you need to be walking with the Lord , it's a complete joke how this end time ministry as embarrased the church.

Luke 2 vs 25-32

Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. 26It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord's Christ. 27Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, 28Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:
29"Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
you now dismiss[d] your servant in peace.
30For my eyes have seen your salvation,
31which you have prepared in the sight of all people,
32a light for revelation to the Gentiles
and for glory to your people Israel."

Old 05-23-2009, 04:23 PM

When will the end come?

No one knows....
Thats a fact.

oh yes, I know full well that there are people that claim to know lots of things.
The idea many have is that they have "unlocked" the text and now are ready to say, "This is the last generation"

They are always so sure of themselves
They are always so sure that guys like me who tell them they are clue-free are in error.

But in time, they fade away...
They drop back because nothing they had been pointing to has worked out.

I remember a well known Preacher on the radio named Chuck Smith was giving a sermon on the "End Times" when he came to the point that in a few years Christ would return.

He looked at the way he understood the text, the return of the Jews to the holy land, all the signs pointed him to only one answer.
His answer was to say that Jesus had to return in the next few years.
Mr Smith added that if Jesus did not return by then, (I think he was thinking of the late 1970s or 80s) that then he didnt have any idea what else a person could point to as being the time of the end.

Well, that was a lot of years ago.
(By the way, Jesus did not return)
The date predicted came and went...as with the Millerites...Chuck was wrong.

Many of my friends at the time believed in the same way that Chuck did, they also looked at the return of the jews and started counting on their fingers the date for the return.

They all were wrong.

The fact is that we are NOT giving a way to know when...other than to always be ready. Thats a fact.
All the date setting, all the work to nail down dates by counting on our fingers only leads to error.

Christ will return, that much is true.
But we will not know when.
We will be ready for His return , but not because we knew the date but rather we will be ready because we have always been ready...

Old 05-24-2009, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
When will the end come?

No one knows....
Thats a fact.

oh yes, I know full well that there are people that claim to know lots of things.
The idea many have is that they have "unlocked" the text and now are ready to say, "This is the last generation"

They are always so sure of themselves
They are always so sure that guys like me who tell them they are clue-free are in error.

But in time, they fade away...
They drop back because nothing they had been pointing to has worked out.

I remember a well known Preacher on the radio named Chuck Smith was giving a sermon on the "End Times" when he came to the point that in a few years Christ would return.

He looked at the way he understood the text, the return of the Jews to the holy land, all the signs pointed him to only one answer.
His answer was to say that Jesus had to return in the next few years.
Mr Smith added that if Jesus did not return by then, (I think he was thinking of the late 1970s or 80s) that then he didnt have any idea what else a person could point to as being the time of the end.

Well, that was a lot of years ago.
(By the way, Jesus did not return)
The date predicted came and went...as with the Millerites...Chuck was wrong.

Many of my friends at the time believed in the same way that Chuck did, they also looked at the return of the jews and started counting on their fingers the date for the return.

They all were wrong.

The fact is that we are NOT giving a way to know when...other than to always be ready. Thats a fact.
All the date setting, all the work to nail down dates by counting on our fingers only leads to error.

Christ will return, that much is true.
But we will not know when.
We will be ready for His return , but not because we knew the date but rather we will be ready because we have always been ready...
According to Jesus, the generation that see Israels rebirth will be the generation that will see the endtime prophecies fulfilled.

Matthew 24: 32,33,34

Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.

Jesus has refered to Israel as the fig tree, and the lesson to be learned is the fact that the fig tree (ISRAEL) has already sprouted her leaves.
It's true no one knows the day or the hour of Christ return, yet the signs of Christ return are very detailed. And a student of the Bible can know when His appearing is near, just as the Jews of Jesus time should of known who Jesus was if they had only taken the time to study the details of the Scriptures and believed. Yet they did not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity