Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 04:19 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,529,318 times

Advertisements

^
add to that that babylon's language is not bible, but economy, stupid!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,619,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
According to the Bible, in the Last Days we will see the Jewish people return to the Land of Israel, and Jerusalem. Their return will anger many nations around the world. And their return will lead the world into one of the last great wars on planet earth. And the fight will be for the control of Jerusalem. And this is clearly stated in Ezekiel chapters 37,38, and 39.
These prophecies were spoken of by Christians who lived hundreds of years ago, and Christians for many years stated that before Christ could return, we would first have to see the Jewish people return from a worldwide exile.

Also the Bible clearly shows us that their return would occur when the nations of the East would have the ability to raise up an army of 200 million men. In 1960, China stated they could raise up an army of 200 million if they needed to. And they gave the very number found in the Book of Revelation.

Also according to the Bible, there will be a country the Bible calls Mystery Babylon. Mystery Babylon is spoken of in Revelation 18 . This future Babylon is also spoken of in Jeremiah chapters 50 and 51. The Bible does not always give names. It sometimes gives descriptions of people and places. It did this with Jesus Christ in the Old Testament, and it also does this with the United States. The Bible knew thousands of years ago, that someday the Jews would return to their land and their return would trouble the nations to the point of world war. Columbus did not have to cross the sea for the Bible to understand that America would be. The God of the Bible knew all about America long before America existed. Just as the Bible knew that in the Last Days Jerusalem would be a cup of trembling to all nations.
Campbell: first off I wish to relay to you that I am a Christ-like person. I accepted Christ as my Savior June 9th 1970. I was raised in the church and I graduated from a Christian Academy high school. I've also been described in my life as a 'peculiar' person. (one can take that for however they wish, however I understood the reference)

Second, I use the pseudonym 'actonbell' and if any one is familiar with British Literature then they know who that pseudonym was used by, before me. Her name was Anne Bronte.

My dreams my aspiration, my ideas, my imagery in literature art fit a profile of a personality and I recognized that, thus my usage of the pseudonym. Interesting here though the person I am most like from history is Emily Bronte. However sister Ann's pseudonym could be used easier without modification so I used it. When I did the research on this person, I & Emily Bronte could be the same person. That is how much alike she and I are. Now....

Jemimah 50:14 Put yourselves in array against Babylon round about: all ye that bend the bow, shoot at her, spare no arrows: for she hath sinned against the LORD.

How many countries fit this profile? There are many people here that will come to this thread, they will read this post and I ask of them as well as you, think, how many countries fit the profile of Babylon mentioned in the Bible. Japan, China, Iran even....have sinned against the Lord and have turned away from Him? Yet, Babylon is to be a pseudonym for America?

Are we the only country that the kids do not listen to their parents? Are we the only country with gay-lifestyle? (issues)

I know about the Jews and the prophecy for them. I know about the Temple in Jerusalem and the prophecy for that. I also understand all that which is why I have said, the I will keep my eyes on the East horizon.

However, just because something looks like, does not mean it actually is that which it looks. (I'm not Emily Bronte but the profile fits)

This is my take this is my conspiracy theory for all time. We are not the only ones who read the Bible. Christians are not the only ones who know what Christian's believe. Therefore, I think, my thoughts are, the situations were created to look like the Biblical events so as to create fear in the hearts of men & women all across the globe.

What L. Ray Smith writes here L. Ray Smith - IN THE DAY OF THE GREAT SLAUGHTER about the fall of the Twin Towers being a prophecy of Isaiah 30 is very convincing. However, where I have a problem with it, we know about Jerusalem, why isn't we did not have a clue about New York? It is not until after the incident that we are able to profile our way into a match.

America is not the center of attention, but as long as all eyes are on her, the real country that is the center, will skate on by unnoticed. Until it is time for the Real Babylon to show herself. And by that time, it will be too late for any one to do a take back on anything.

Just because something looks like, does not mean it actually is that which it looks. And that my friend is what philosophy is all about.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-25-2009 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-25-2009, 12:15 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,298,023 times
God has abandoned the U.S.

God may be displeased with the US, but as far as those who are His....the Word says:
I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hebrews 13.5

Old 05-25-2009, 12:23 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,561,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
I haven't watched the videos either, but I do know that the scriptures say that if a nation turns it's back on God, He turns His back on them.

I just want it to be noted that when I posted the above, I was speaking of a nation as a whole, not of individual follower's of Christ.
I certainly believe the scriptures that prominse that He will never forsake us...meaning those who are His. Nor will He forsake those who are sincerely seeking Him.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:25 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,109,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
It is not until after the incident that we are able to profile our way into a match.
So true.

There are so many voices calling out about 9/11 "Oh I told you so!" yet they didnt have a clue.

You know theyt didnt have a clue because if any of us did we would have been standing outside the towers that morning and baring people from going there...
Or we would have been at the airport pointing out people to the cops.

So the truth is, all the voices that claim to have known about 9/11 are just fooling themselves.

The truth is that some people make a guess about the future every day.
They say things like "There will be an earthquake" and most are wrong, but every once in a while a guess turns out to be right on the money...(Or close enough)

The problem is that the people start to give credit for their "guess" to being "from God"

They start to think they got a gift.
They start to think that have a "vision"

They actually dont,
They just made a lucky guess and it worked out.
The same things happens at every racetrack all the time.

To credit something as 'from the Lord' when it is not, is to take the name of the Lord in vain.

Im sure someplace in the world in a few days will have an earthquake, but just because i guessed it does not mean I got a 'gift".

Old 05-25-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
So true.

There are so many voices calling out about 9/11 "Oh I told you so!" yet they didnt have a clue.

You know theyt didnt have a clue because if any of us did we would have been standing outside the towers that morning and baring people from going there...
Or we would have been at the airport pointing out people to the cops.

So the truth is, all the voices that claim to have known about 9/11 are just fooling themselves.

The truth is that some people make a guess about the future every day.
They say things like "There will be an earthquake" and most are wrong, but every once in a while a guess turns out to be right on the money...(Or close enough)

The problem is that the people start to give credit for their "guess" to being "from God"

They start to think they got a gift.
They start to think that have a "vision"

They actually dont,
They just made a lucky guess and it worked out.
The same things happens at every racetrack all the time.

To credit something as 'from the Lord' when it is not, is to take the name of the Lord in vain.

Im sure someplace in the world in a few days will have an earthquake, but just because i guessed it does not mean I got a 'gift".
I have a lengthy history of listening to people interpret the Bible. I mentioned that. And not one time in that history do I recall ever hearing the words, "and two great buildings will fall" and that signifies the beginning of the end of days.

I'm going to put this in very simple terms for every one.

We do not have within us the ability to even imagine beyond the image of imagination what will be on the final day. We are incapable of thought beyond that which we know. The final day will be beyond anything man can perceive.

So in that for me, what I am looking for, man can not give.

Man can manipulate and create the scenarios that resemble that which is in the scripture though. And that is what I see happening today. That is happening so that man can rule through fear of the unknown.

If you can see it, then you have nothing to fear.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:22 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,109,887 times
yes, 20/20 hindsight is all we are seeing now...

Lots of people can claim to have known the future, but very few make a good guess at it.

I remember back during the Bush#1 years when he was President that I saw a lot of books in our Christian bookstore that were all pushing the teaching that Saddam Hussein was the Anti-Christ.

Well, where is that teaching today?
What happend? ...
I mean all them writers were so darn sure he was the Anti-Christ a moment ago?..

What went wrong?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:23 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,982,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
This idea that the fig tree represents Israel is not established in Scripture. It was used at least once for Judah, which was the southern kingdom. You should not accept such things just because you hear them said. Verify what is or is not written for yourself. This is almost no evidence to even stretch to make the fig equal Israel. I've understood the fig represents Satan. I'm not going to do all your homework for you. Here's a little of the topic however:

God sows gold, silver and precious stones. These are gifts of His Spirit, His word and His nature in His imparted presence. What God gives may be improved, as gold is purified in fire and jewels are cut, polished and set.

What man sows is wood, hay and stubble. Those long generational things involving the span of a man's life or more are the trees. The first Psalm has us as the "trees of righteousness, the transplanting of the LORD" upon

which the fire of God's manifesting presence falls. The wicked are the thorn bushes.

In the days of Eden it was trees of Life and of the knowledge of good and evil. In Noah's day it was "Gopher" wood (for the ark.) We come to Abraham and it was the Terebinth or Oaks of Mamre that represented God's people. But, it should alternatively be considered that the oaks of Bashan are the of the opposers of Israel. The bulls of Bashan surrounded Jesus on the cross. (Ps 22.) When Israel came out of Egypt and wandered in the wilderness it was the Acacia (for the Tabernacle.) When they first entered the land of promise it was the Palm. The married seeress that judged all Israel, Deborah, sat under a Palm tree. In the days of David it was the Cedar (of Lebannon.) The temple period was represented still by the Cedar, as well as the Olive, and Cypress. The next two are problematic. In the days of Elijah it was possibly Tamarind, and, at the point of (not Israel's, but) Judah's deportation to Babylon, Jeremiah 24 compares those God will destroy and those He will save by two baskets of figs, one good an one bad. In the restoration, the post-exilic period of outward humility but inward glory it was the Myrtle. The New Covenant is the Mustard and Olive.

In the translation (Mt 24:34) Jesus says, "This generation..." If it was 2,000 plus years in the future He would surely have said, "That generation..." There is no indication from what Jesus says that it was some other generation 2,000 years in the future that would be the one that saw the fig blossom. That is such a strand of spider's silk that surely you must see a total insufficiency for upholding so large a prophetic theory. Those He was talking to saw a total breakdown of their society as the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD neared. This is detailed in Josephus's Works.

It's in the third day which lasts a thousand years. The idea that it is around 34 years into the third day...?! He rose a great while before dawn. That suggests to me maybe a minimum of 250 years into this 3rd millennium from Christ. It could be people are already entering into inheriting 100-fold the promises of God, overcoming even death. Unless you are in a place to know this from God you won't be able but to guess. You're certainly not going to get it from TV news. Part of what bothers me so much is I understand some of what we are to be entering into; yet, it's so hard to get acceptance for even the clearest lack of Biblical evidence for things like a 7 years great tribulation or a Rapture. The meaning of the latter includes a belief in the sudden disappearance of racially gentile believers. Not only has God never been a racist, the opposite is going to happen. According to Romans chapter 8 all of creation is in travail for the manifestation of the sons of God, not their disappearance!
This is why Jesus said. (LEARN A LESSON FROM THE FIG TREE). Jesus knew that the average man would not pick up on what was being said here. The average person will look at that verse and draw the same conclusion as you have. Yet, Jesus also knew that His people would understand the significance of His use of the (FIG TREE). In Scripture, Jesus uses the Fig Tree to represent Israel, and this can be seen in other places in the Bible. If you recall, Jesus cursed a fig tree because it did not produce fruit, and it died. Here Jesus once again showed us that it was Israel that was a nation that did not produce spiritual fruit, and like the Fig tree, Israel was cursed, and it's people removed from the land.

Also, the Old Testament clearly states that in the LAST DAYS Israel would be reborn, and Jerusalem would once again be controled by a Jewish population. What happened in Jesus day did not even come close to the Biblical fulfillment. In the book of Revelation it clearly states that before Christ could return, the nations of the East first would have to have the ability to raise up an army of 200 million men. This part of the prophecy has only been realized in the year 1960. It was then, and only then when China stated for the first time that they could raise up an army of 200 million men. And I might add, they gave the very number spoken of in the Bible. And that part of the prophecy occured just 12 years after Israel declared itself a nation. So that part of the prophecy required almost 2,000 years before it's fulfillment. So to believe that Jesus was speaking to the generation of His time, requires you to ignore the other parts of the Biblical prophecies.

And as far as the rapture of the church goes, the dark forces that oppose Christ are already working on a future belief that will help the world dismiss the rapture that will occur. When this event happens, the people of earth will not believe it was an event that came from God, they will believe this great disappearance was the result of an alien abduction. Such abductions today, are spoken often in many tabloid magazines. Yet future beliefs often start in the strangest places. The fact than numerous people already believe in such a thing, shows us that demonic propaganda can be very affective. The Bible speaks of a future deception that will come upon the world, UFOs will play a great roll in this future deception.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:04 AM

702 posts, read 1,008,013 times
Quote:
Also, the Old Testament clearly states that in the LAST DAYS Israel would be reborn, and Jerusalem would once again be controled by a Jewish population.
Wanting to know if what you're saying about modern Israel is true or not I have searched. I have been open as I am now for chapter and verse. It has not been forthcoming for many years now. I notice you don't have any. I dare you to read The Encyclopedia Brittanica (1978 edition has it I know), its article on JUDAISM. Notice what it says about the Zionists in Israel today, the Askenazy Jews. You want to understand Bible prophecy? or prove what is popularly being said?

Quote:
And as far as the rapture of the church goes, the dark forces that oppose Christ are already working on a future belief that will help the world dismiss the rapture that will occur. When this event happens, the people of earth will not believe it was an event that came from God, they will believe this great disappearance was the result of an alien abduction. Such abductions today, are spoken often in many tabloid magazines. Yet future beliefs often start in the strangest places. The fact than numerous people already believe in such a thing, shows us that demonic propaganda can be very affective. The Bible speaks of a future deception that will come upon the world, UFOs will play a great roll in this future deception.
RAPTURE is not a Biblical term. Unless I have a miraculous operation of the word of knowledge I am very uncertain what you mean by that term. Various people have differing views. Why don't you use Biblical categories? Purge your tongue of Babylon's confusing language. If you speak of something Biblical I might be able to share something I found or studied.

Nothing in the Bible ever says the racially gentile (goyim) believers of Jesus are going to suddenly disappear. Chapter and verse?! Remember, it is not too much to ask; rather, it is imperative for those walking in the light to submit their minds to what is written in the Books of God. The opposite is taught in the Bible! "Whenever Christ, our Life, should be manifested, then you also shall be manifested together with Him in glory." (Co 3:4, CLV) Will I be left behind if my flesh is at least 51% racially descended from Abraham? This line of thought ignores God was never a racist and is against the New Covenant in Jesus blood!

Something likely as a great deception is believing the opposite of what is Written. What is the truth? We're looking for Jesus' coming, not our going! the appearing of the Lord, not the disappearing of the saints! Instead of leaving, we're taking over! Instead of expecting defeat in death, or retreat in "Rapture," we're expecting complete victory in Christ! Don't let them take away the value of your life! Racial Dispensationalism destroys our destiny by robbing the church of her true identity in Christ as the seed of Abraham and David.

Of course, millions are practising disappearing as audience members enabling a paid professional, with titles of honor from other men, to perform for them instead of honoring the presence of Christ, the head, enough to MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP with every member participating. I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program...and nobody even missed her. Talk about being robbed of all our gifts and blessings in Christ! Those who have the indwelling Spiriit of God have all the Jesus is and does within them. Maturing is becoming available to Him.

And if those in Israel say they've got the ark of the covenant, re-institute animal sacrifices, the one as an Elijah agreeing Jesus was the Messiah, even coming in His name, and calling fire out of heaven to consume those who refuse to bow down...?

Last edited by JamesMRohde; 05-26-2009 at 12:19 AM..

Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
yes, 20/20 hindsight is all we are seeing now...

Lots of people can claim to have known the future, but very few make a good guess at it.

I remember back during the Bush#1 years when he was President that I saw a lot of books in our Christian bookstore that were all pushing the teaching that Saddam Hussein was the Anti-Christ.

Well, where is that teaching today?
What happend? ...
I mean all them writers were so darn sure he was the Anti-Christ a moment ago?..

What went wrong?
I have a good one for you if you don't mind reading a bit. (Bush)

PRESIDENT BUSH DECLARED DE-FACTO LEADER OF CHRISTIAN COALITION!

Within each and every war or maybe era that we have been through, for as long as I have known and those before me knew and spoke about (parents grandparents, etc) the end of days has been working on ending for a long time now. "The end is near, the end is near. Repent, repent..." signs, slogans, people with Bibles standing on the street corner from World War I, before that and well into our future to the present day.

Do you know what the word repent means? It means simply, to change your mind. That's it, that's all it is. It is what it is, you don't like what you are doing, you have a bad feeling about something...'change your mind'.

When the time is right, there is not a person in this world who will have to take some one else's word for it, that the end is here.

And trust me when I say this, I won't have to stop and pack my toothbrush.

If your happy in your life, keep going with it and enjoy your life. If your not happy in your life, 'change your mind'; enjoy your life.

To answer your question IMO, they were grasping at straws.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-26-2009 at 01:48 AM.. Reason: spelling and added answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity