Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 02:27 PM

783 posts, read 1,328,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Bible never says God is eternal. We just take it for granted He is.
Sure it does:
Deuteronomy 33: 27, Psalm 90: 2

Quote:
If [It] is impossible for God to have been eternally "the Father" because the very term "Father" shows beginingness of fathering a child.

Likewise, Jesus being the Son, is impossible for Him to have eternally existed as a Son for the very term "Son" proves beginningness.
First: Who are we to say what is not possible for God? "with God all things are possible".
Second: look at Isaiah 9: 6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 02:29 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,354,607 times
Quote:
Very good Birdy.

I will highlight in red the words "holy spirit" in your Greek text which they did not capitalize either:

oV d an blasfhmhsh eiV to pneuma to agion ouk ecei afesin eiV ton aiwna all enocoV estin aiwniou krisews
Yup!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:30 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,586,604 times
Quote:
It is best to go to the source rather than get second hand information. Take two aspirin, read the article, and be enlightened.

The above is not meant to be taken as medical advice. Kids, do not try this without parental supervision.
I wnat to hear what you believe and how that verse answers my questions. Knoch is still second hand.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:39 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,002,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I wnat to hear what you believe and how that verse answers my questions. Knoch is still second hand.
No, I am quoting 1st hand information. I will not cheapen the subject by giving you a short answer. If you are truly interested in what Knoch believed as to this topic then read the article. Otherwise, no other answer from me will be forthcoming.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
No, I am quoting 1st hand information. I will not cheapen the subject by giving you a short answer. If you are truly interested in what Knoch believed as to this topic then read the article. Otherwise, no other answer from me will be forthcoming.
I don't want to know what Knoch means. I want to know what the verse means, you claim to have God in you. You should be able to answer this verse?

Old 05-26-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
The Bible never says God is eternal. We just take it for granted He is.

Quote:
Sure it does:
Deuteronomy 33: 27, Psalm 90: 2
Sure it does not:
Deu 33:27 the habitation of Elohim aforetime. And beneath are the arms eonian. He shall drive out the enemy from your presence and shall say: Exterminate him!

Psa 90:2 Ere the mountains were born, And You travailed with the earth and the habitance, From eon unto eon You are El."

Quote:
If [It] is impossible for God to have been eternally "the Father" because the very term "Father" shows beginingness of fathering a child.

Likewise, Jesus being the Son, is impossible for Him to have eternally existed as a Son for the very term "Son" proves beginningness.

Quote:
First: Who are we to say what is not possible for God? "with God all things are possible".
Second: look at Isaiah 9: 6
It is impossible for God to lie.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:41 PM

Old 05-26-2009, 04:39 PM

783 posts, read 1,328,233 times
Quote:
Quote:
Like I stated earlier and you buried like last months refuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
Co-Eternal – Difficult, if not impossible, [to show] when some folks deny eternity. With this in mind, how is God eternal according to your belief?
Reconcile an eternal God within a theology that doesn’t believe in eternity. God is not bound by our perception of space & time, but by your interpretation He is. Which is correct?

Old 05-26-2009, 06:36 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,408,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
But that is not what you asked fundy you asked

Does this version imply that the Holy Spirit is not equal to God the Father? Does the CLNT not believe in the Trinity (co-equal, co-eternal)?

You want to know what knoches is implying and E gave you knoches view on it. So to get it from E is second hand. Like E said go to the source if you want to know what knoch ment.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
Like I stated earlier and you buried like last months refuse.

Reconcile an eternal God within a theology that doesn’t believe in eternity. God is not bound by our perception of space & time, but by your interpretation He is. Which is correct?
The Greek texts and good translations of those Greek texts show that God is the eonian God. This does not tell us how long God will live but rather shows us His relationship to the eons. Being the "eonian God" He is the God pertaining to the eons.

Rom 16:26 yet manifested now and through prophetic scriptures, according to the injunction of the eonian God being made known to all nations for faith-obedience -"

I believe God is eternal, because He gives immortality. He could not give immortality if He was not immortal. The Scriptures are silent as to His eternallness. The human mind can't comprehend "no beginningness."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity