Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:07 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,905,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
When one chooses to believe what God has said to their heart about their sin...and repented....God's grace has given that one the faith to believe and the ability to obey the TRUTH by the power of His Spirit and that child of God will receive eternal salvation.
Yes, Jesus came to bring salvation to all, but not all will accept it...this is what the Holy Scripture tell us....

This doctrine of eternal salvation for all and not having to repent from one's sin is a lie from the pit of hell.

Except I believe that one must repent of his or her sins so automatically putting those two (salvation of all and no need to repent) together is not correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 10:23 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,545,338 times
Quote:
Which is of the greatest importance?
1.Believing in and obeying the teachings of Christ.
2.Believing in the eternal salvation of all.
Neither..IMO, the most important thing is plain and simple "believing"..Then "following" the teachings and examples of Christ..The only command He gave was that of love which requires no obedience, just a result of having Him in your life, in your soul, and in your prayers, and developing a very personal relationship with Him..You can't follow the leader unless you know who the leader is

Old 06-01-2009, 10:31 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,952,248 times
First of all the question is flawed.
Your question is the same thing as saying..
Which one of these is a fruit? Only Choose one:
1. Apple
2. Pear

Secondly...

From Fundamentalist:
Quote:
Don't worry about others. Worry about you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
I wouldn't exactly say that I "worry" about others, but I am certainly concerned ...espacially about those closest to me....

This is part of the reason why you are unable to wrap your brains around the fact that ALL will be reconciled.

LOOK at these hearts before you.

Those who understand that our Father is THE Good Shepherd, not just A Good Shepherd but THE Good Shepherd and that HE is doing what He says He will do, reconciling all men, and EVERY knee will shout out with GREAT PRAISE that Jesus is LORD!

Those who understand this have a heart for ALL MANKIND. They CARE about ALL mankind. They are CONCERNED about ALL MANKIND. Not JUST their loved ones, not JUST their wife or their sister or brother or mother or next door neighbor... NO. But for ALL Mankind. Those who understand the glorious truth of God's love for EACH and EVER human being, and that EACH and EVERY human being is being reconciled, those who understand this and have FAITH, their hearts LOVE, and I mean LOVE not just those closest to them, but it extends to EVERY MAN. The people they once counted as their enemies are enemies no longer because they see them AS GOD SEES THEM.

At first, I too, only was concerned with my loved ones. Then God started making me think of other people out in the world. I almost had a near nervous breakdown because I could barely stand to look at ANY STRANGER because all I would think is MY GOD! Is this person going to suffer torture for all eternity????? God kept putting on my heart, these people. Then I started thinking about my enemies. MY GOD! Please... no please save them. I don't dislike them anymore. Please, please save them Father! This went on for quite a while. It was in torments and HE delivered me. Slowly but surely, he gently, patiently, and lovingly walked me through it. He put me through the fire and burned off the things in my heart that was preventing me from loving others. He slowly but surely showed me the true picture of His love for ALL. My tears turned to laughter at the beautiful gospel of Jesus. The layers started to peel off. The veils started to fly off of my eyes and most especially, my heart began to be filled with an indescribable LOVE for ALL mankind. Imagine that. ME! Loving so many people that I couldn't stand. ME! Loving so many people that I would normally roll my eyes at. ME! Loving these people who would get under my skin. Actually LOVING them. Not just TOLERATING them, but LOVING them. It's amazing.

I used to have all sorts of enemies (in my own mind), and God enlarged my heart. I don't look at them with disdain. I look at them through the eyes of LOVE. I see them as our FATHER sees them. HIS beloved children, making them MY precious brothers and sisters. One day, the dross WILL BE burned away from ALL of us. The carnal man WILL be cast into the lake of fire. That is a GOOD thing. God's love is a transforming love.

Again... GOD'S LOVE IS A TRANSFORMING LOVE.

It is your evidence... Look at a person's heart.
And you will see what spirit currently resides.
God is no fool.
God will not be defeated.
He knows what he is doing.
He has a master plan.

Is your heart large enough to encompass all mankind.. or only large enough to encompass your loved ones and those close to you?

Is it because you believe that God will destroy his enemies by eternally torturing them?? And so you can't bear to care for any more people who may be suffering eternal torture?? Perhaps this is the reason. Well, that has your heart trapped in a prison. YOUR heart shrinks or grows to BECOME like the God you worship. God only saves a few, you can only MANAGE to love a few. God saves all, you can manage to LOVE ALL.
God saves all, your heart BLOSSOMS into a truly beautiful, love filled thing. It's amazing, brothers and sisters. It is simply AMAZING. I want everyone to experience this love. I LOVE YOU. You are my brothers and sisters. I CARE ABOUT YOU. I care about your sadness, your fears, I care about your loved ones. I care about your CONCERN for your loved ones. I am only on this message board to SPREAD my testimony of what GOD did for my heart! I want everyone to be able to look at their fellow mankind through these eyes, too.

It's understandable, though. I understand fearing caring for someone who may be tortured for all eternity, because that causes fear. There is no fear in perfect love. Perfect love casts out ALL fear. God loves us ALL with a PERFECT love, brothers and sisters.

God is the GREAT TRANSFORMER of MEN's HEARTS.

Once you experience this life-changing heart surgery, you will NEVER be the same. The darkness FLEES. and everything becomes crystal CLEAR.
God loves us, ya'll.....

Those who don't see the truth of God's love for all... y'know what?
It is what it is. There is a reason you don't see it. But I will continue to SPREAD the GOOD NEWS. Because how can I NOT?

How else can I repay my Father for opening my eyes and enlargening my heart and DESTROYING my enemies?

HA! Do you understand that now????? HE DESTROYED MY ENEMIES.

Maybe I need to start a new thread on that.

PEACE.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:39 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,203,944 times
Quote:
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. (Mat 22-37-40)

Be consumed by Him and don't stress over your thoughts and actions - I dare ya.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:33 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,672,388 times
Unhappy This specific sentenence is a lie from the pit of hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Neither..IMO, the most important thing is plain and simple "believing"..Then "following" the teachings and examples of Christ..The only command He gave was that of love which requires no obedience, just a result of having Him in your life, in your soul, and in your prayers, and developing a very personal relationship with Him..You can't follow the leader unless you know who the leader is
......Miss Blue.........you MUST KNOW what the Word of God says concerning THIS KIND OF LOVE...The kind of love spoken of here is NOT a love which requires NO OBEDIENCE...QUITE THE OPPOSITE!..when I read this...I cried......let me show you Miss Blue, my precious sister, what THIS KIND OF LOVE SHOULD TRULY MEAN TO US...HIS CHILDREN...

Dear brothers and sisters, please!!!...learn of this KIND of LOVE...it will save your life...!

Let us look at this Scripture wherin Jesus is promising the Holy Spirit...the Spirit of Truth...

John 14:15-21...23-24
"If you LOVE Me, OBEY My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it isn't looking for Him and doesn't recognize Him. But you know Him, because He lives WITH you NOW and LATER will be IN you. No, I will not abandon you as orphans ~ I will come to you. Soon the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me. Since I live, you also will live. When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you. THOSE WHO ACCEPT MY COMMANDMENTS AND OBEY THEM ARE THE ONES WHO LOVE ME. And because they LOVE Me, My Father will LOVE them. And I will LOVE them and reveal myself to each of them...
...Jesus replied, "All who LOVE Me WILL DO WHAT I SAY. My Father will LOVE them, and We will come and make Our home in each of them. ANYONE WHO DOESN'T LOVE ME WILL NOT OBEY ME. AND REMEMBER, MY WORDS ARE NOT MY OWN. WHAT I AM TELLING YOU IS FROM THE FATHER WHO SENT ME.

THIS KIND OF LOVE MEANS THIS:

LOVE. 25. perh. from (much), to love (in a social or moral sense):-(be-) love (-ed). comp 5368.

LOVE. 5368. from 5384; to be a friend to (fond of [an individual or an object]), i.e. have affection for (denoting personal attachment, as a matter of sentiment or feeling: while 25 is wider, embracing espec. the judgement and the .....

>>>>>>>~*~deliberate assent of the will as a matter of principle, duty, and propiety:~*~<<<<<<<

.....the two thus stand related very much as 2309 and 1014, or as 2372 and 3563 respectively; the former being chiefly of the heart and the latter of the head; spec. to kiss (as a mark of tenderness):-kiss, love.

LOVE. 2309. strengthened, from the alt. form of 138; to determine (as an act, option from subj. impulse; whereas 1014 prop. denotes rather a pass aqcquiescence in obj. considerations), i.e. choose or prefer (lit. or fig.); by implying to wish, i.e. be inclined to (sometimes adv. gladly); inpers. for the future tense, to be about to; by Hebrew - to delight in:-desire, be disposed (forward), intend, list, love, mean, please, have rather, (be) willing, do [-ly]).

LOVE. 138. prob. akin to 142; to take for oneself, i.e. to prefer:-choose.

LOVE.142. to lift; to take up or away; fig.to raise; by Heb. [comp 5375] to expiate sin;- away with, loose, remove, take (away, up).

LOVE. 1014. mid. of a prim. verb; to "WILL," i.e. BE WILLING:-be disposed, minded, intend, comp. 2309.

I love you,
Verna.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:40 PM

Angry A very deadly dare...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

...this tears me apart!!!!!.........

Old 06-01-2009, 01:50 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,203,944 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...this tears me apart!!!!!.........
Verna, this is speaking to those who are dedicated to dying to the flesh, and being consumed by Him. I apologize is it's taken any other way.

The old adage - "love God with everything in you and then do whatever you want" is similar; the goal of this Christian (can't speak for others) is to be so emptied of myself and filled with His heart that my life is hidden with Him.

His thoughts, His vision, compassion, judgment, patience - His life!

That's what enables us to fulfill all those commandments, to feed the poor, to help the helpless, etc. It's Him!!! He alone can live the Christian life!!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:53 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,545,338 times
Verna, I am so very sorry I made you cry with my answer to the OP....I try so hard not to ruffle feathers here..mainly because I have not walked in others shoes.. I used to be a literalist and obeyed exactly what everyone said I had to believe and I had no peace..I have peace now..When you referred to one of my sentences as being a "lie from the pits of hell" it reminded me of other terrible things I have been accused of by people and family of that congregation since I dropped out of religion and began a new personal walk with Him....I am not mad just bleeding again..Thank you ,Verna for your love and honesty..

Old 06-01-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Verna, this is speaking to those who are dedicated to dying to the flesh, and being consumed by Him. I apologize is it's taken any other way.

The old adage - "love God with everything in you and then do whatever you want" is similar; the goal of this Christian (can't speak for others) is to be so emptied of myself and filled with His heart that my life is hidden with Him.

His thoughts, His vision, compassion, judgment, patience - His life!

That's what enables us to fulfill all those commandments, to feed the poor, to help the helpless, etc. It's Him!!! He alone can live the Christian life!!
...o.k...

Old 06-01-2009, 02:01 PM

63,955 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
......Miss Blue.........you MUST KNOW what the Word of God says concerning THIS KIND OF LOVE...The kind of love spoken of here is NOT a love which requires NO OBEDIENCE...QUITE THE OPPOSITE!..when I read this...I cried......let me show you Miss Blue, my precious sister, what THIS KIND OF LOVE SHOULD TRULY MEAN TO US...HIS CHILDREN...

Dear brothers and sisters, please!!!...learn of this KIND of LOVE...it will save your life...!

Let us look at this Scripture wherin Jesus is promising the Holy Spirit...the Spirit of Truth...
We all react and respond to the Holy Spirit within at the level we are capable of understanding. Your concern for others is part of that and wonderful in God's eyes, Verna. But some of us are past the obedient child stage into the loving adult stage. The behaviors are the same . . . but the motivations are very different. There is no FEAR and no concern for PUNISHMENT nor any question about being saved. We sincerely want to be as the Holy Spirit guides us and as Jesus commanded out of LOVE . . . because that is what we truly prefer to be . . . no obedience or fear of judgment or any other negative human emotions.

God is not to be feared . . . failure to be what God created us to be has negative consequences that should probably be feared . . . if you are at that stage of spirituality that requires such motivation. God loves us and would rather we avoid those negative consequences . . . but knows they will ultimately change those who need that kind of experience into understanding eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity