Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 08:45 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times

Advertisements

In doing nothing but quoting verses back to me, it is clear you have chosen the parameters of truth that will be revealed to you.

So be it. I sought not to question your faith, only to request that you disagree with others' faith without calling them dog or swine or all the other horrific things you have said about others' spiritual paths.

My journey in Christ has revealed that all life is One, not all life must worship a book.

When you understand that truth of science and spirituality, you will understand the verses you quote in a far deeper context. Then, you will begin to know what it is to be born again.

I wish you well in your journey back to the perfect union with God, the journey that we all share.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:52 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
In doing nothing but quoting verses back to me, it is clear you have chosen the parameters of truth that will be revealed to you.

So be it. I sought not to question your faith, only to request that you disagree with others' faith without calling them dog or swine or all the other horrific things you have said about others' spiritual paths.

My journey in Christ has revealed that all life is One, not all life must worship a book.

When you understand that truth of science and spirituality, you will understand the verses you quote in a far deeper context. Then, you will begin to know what it is to be born again.

I wish you well in your journey back to the perfect union with God, the journey that we all share.
How do we know what you say is true?

Old 06-08-2009, 09:15 AM

Again, Alpha, I would ask the same of you.

I study the Bible, its history, the texts that were voted out of the Bible at various stages, the various versions and interpretations of the Bible, and I struggle to see any solid foundation on which to hold as a truth.

I've never asked you to accept what I say as true. That would counter the essence of my being. But, I would challenge you to strip yourself of any preconceived notion of where truth lies and "Test all things", as you are directed to do in your Bible, to see what you come up with.

I think you assume the baseline of truth is the Bible, and you are only willing to "test all things" in relation to that. Therefore, you're not testing all things.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 AM

352 posts, read 552,795 times
Quote:

Sorry for jumping in so late in the thread, but I would like some clarification. Bluefly, what do you mean by that "Christ has revealed that all life is One, not all life must worship a book"? As far as I understand it, it would seem that you are saying that we are now one in spirit with Christ correct? Yet now I am confused about "worship[ping] the book" part; are you directing this at Christians only, or are you directing it towards humanity in general?

Look forward to hearing from you

Old 06-08-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Again, Alpha, I would ask the same of you.

I study the Bible, its history, the texts that were voted out of the Bible at various stages, the various versions and interpretations of the Bible, and I struggle to see any solid foundation on which to hold as a truth.

I've never asked you to accept what I say as true. That would counter the essence of my being. But, I would challenge you to strip yourself of any preconceived notion of where truth lies and "Test all things", as you are directed to do in your Bible, to see what you come up with.

I think you assume the baseline of truth is the Bible, and you are only willing to "test all things" in relation to that. Therefore, you're not testing all things.
I can point you to something that I can say 'Hey bluefly, don't take my word for it, read it yourself.'

All you can do is say it's true because you say it's true.

Well, that's no standard at all. That's classic 'if it feels right for me, it must be right'....which is a problem when you also attempt to carry the mantle of 'Christian'.

Jesus taught that we die to self, crucify our flesh, and not look back as we follow Him. Your whole belief system is based on embracing 'self' and following something that 'seems right to man'.

Fine to do that, but it's anti-Christian.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 AM

How did the people who wrote your sacred texts know what was true? How did people follow Christ's teachings before your Bible was compiled?

Were they inspired directly by God? If you accept that they were, why do you challenge the possibility that people today are equally inspired directly by God?

Interestingly, what my journey in Christ has done is evolve me beyond any desire for "sins" such as drinking alcohol, fornicating, killing, lying, stealing, and all the others. It has compelled me beyond the "self" or the yearnings of the ego that seem ascribe to me.

So, in reality, my spirituality is the complete opposite of what you accuse me of being, which is of the self.

That is what the 10 Commandments were about - not rules to follow, but states of awareness to which to aspire. It was all simply interpreted through the prism of the time and was dicated as a mandate.

Such a path may be "anti-Christian" as you, the self-proclaimed keeper of the gate proclaims, but it is definitely a path in Christ for Christ has given it to me directly.

If you need to adhere to a book, so be it. But leave the rest of us be in peace and stop allowing people to call us dogs and swine, moderator.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
How did the people who wrote your sacred texts know what was true? How did people follow Christ's teachings before your Bible was compiled?

Were they inspired directly by God? If you accept that they were, why do you challenge the possibility that people today are equally inspired directly by God?

Interestingly, what my journey in Christ has done is evolve me beyond any desire for "sins" such as drinking alcohol, fornicating, killing, lying, stealing, and all the others. It has compelled me beyond the "self" or the yearnings of the ego that seem ascribe to me.

So, in reality, my spirituality is the complete opposite of what you accuse me of being, which is of the self.

That is what the 10 Commandments were about - not rules to follow, but states of awareness to which to aspire. It was all simply interpreted through the prism of the time and was dicated as a mandate.

Such a path may be "anti-Christian" as you, the self-proclaimed keeper of the gate proclaims, but it is definitely a path in Christ for Christ has given it to me directly.

If you need to adhere to a book, so be it. But leave the rest of us be in peace and stop allowing people to call us dogs and swine, moderator.
Moderator?

Who me?

Get with the program, Bluefly, I ain't no moderator.

Wanna edit that rant before I respond?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:00 AM

224 posts, read 405,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Alls I know is that I have been called lots of names (I am thinking of words like liar, deceiver, worker of satan, etc., ridiculed, falsely accused by some who believe in eternal hell many times, have even been referred to as being on dope on this forum). I can stand the rain If I could not, I would not still be here or on other forums of discussion where there is disagreement, but we are taught to be gentle with people that we may be in opposition with. If someone disagrees with us, there is a way to disagree, involving patience, kindness, gentleness, (2 Timothy 4) (Titus 3) I need to work on developing these qualities also when conversing with people.God bless.
Amen...We can stand the rain...and there is always a way to do what you do, you are right about that.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Moderator?

Who me?

Get with the program, Bluefly, I ain't no moderator.

Wanna edit that rant before I respond?
Ahhh, I stand corrected. I guess the gloves will really come off now, huh?

Certainly not a "rant", by the way.

Please stop ridiculing me.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Ahhh, I stand corrected. I guess the gloves will really come off now, huh?

Certainly not a "rant", by the way.

Please stop ridiculing me.
Ridiculing you?

You called me the 'self-proclaimed keeper of the gate' and I'm ridiculing you.

That's grand.

I'm done on this thread, bluefly.(with you)

Anyone that says something like this "Interestingly, what my journey in Christ has done is evolve me beyond any desire for "sins" such as drinking alcohol, fornicating, killing, lying, stealing, and all the others" is simply in denial.

God's Word is true. Continue to trample it underfoot if you wish, you showcase the intolerance you claim to embrace when you do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity