Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 09:54 AM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times

Advertisements

Does the Spirit of God dwell in you, Fundy? His Holy Spirit of love? We know that God kills and He makes alive again and I know that He is good, not evil. I know that experiencing hell is necessary to bring us to our knees. Experiencing hell is not bad. It has a higher purpose. How many of us had to hit rock bottom before we saw our need for the Lord? But everlasting, neverending hell/torment is not good. It is not scriptural either. God bless.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I believe I am because of my quest for the truth which is His gospel and my belief He is the Christ, who died for my sins, rose from the dead, saved by grace alone through faith alone. When you believe that you are the elect.
Considering you say you rely on the scriptures please explain where this quest for truth comes from (when it's not of works lest any man boast)

My bible tells me there is none that seeketh after Him, the Good Shepherd went out to find the lost sheep (not the other way round), No man cometh unto me unless the Father draweth Him, I was found by them that sought me not.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:15 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
^ So interesting to me that those last 12-15 posts were posted when most Christ followers were in houses of worship, giving honor to their King.

Just an observation......like pcamps 'unchristian' Jesus.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:21 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
^ So interesting to me that those last 12-15 posts were posted when most Christ followers were in houses of worship, giving honor to their King.

That is sooooooooooooo true unfortunately I have overtime, been here since 8:00 am, still here (8:21 pm now ). Should be gone by now if it wasn't for this forum, it is sooooooo addictive.

p.s I have not eaten anything today. I should be really cranky.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:21 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:

Here we go again i was at church so i am better than you

Oh yea i forgot rule #1 Thou must go to Church on a Sunday

Old 06-07-2009, 06:52 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
My opinion of what happened...

This used to be a great place to come to, to share our faith and to learn of each others.. We sure had our share of disagreements and debates, but then someone would come up with a fun, friendship type thread and we "cooled off"..

It was just one forum then so maybe that had something to do with getting along..Seems like since we have been separated that lines have been drawn in the sand

Nowadays many of us find it very to find a thread to post in that doesn't turn into a battle or hurting insults..

I made a mistake in voting for the Christianity forum..From day one I knew I voted wrong.. I frequent the R&P and the Atheist forums because many of my friends are there, and I feel comfortable posting there, but they are seldom made welcome in this forum..

Old 06-07-2009, 07:24 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
I`m going to try to interpret here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You all want to know what has happened? It's arrogant, condescending posts like this and the allowed takeover of lies versus truth.
In other words, read my(Ilene`s) post and you will see the love,grace,mercy,truth, and most of all humility that should be on display in this forum.

Quote:
This started out as a Christianity sub-forum, now it is nothing of the sort.
In other words, most people on here used to believe as I do.

Quote:
If you claim the word "christian" even if you obviously are not, you are allowed to spew the most outrageous, ridiculous and deceitful garbage most people have ever heard.
That's what has happened.
If you don`t believe as I( Ilene) do you are not a Christian and shouldn`t be able to post. Because everything I (Ilene) spew is truthful,loving,humble, and uplifting.

Quote:
Moderator cut: an unnamed poster is being attacked when he isn't even on the board anymore. He is a wonderful, Christ like example of what has been lost because these lies are allowed to continue.
In other words, he believed as I (Ilene) do.

Quote:
It is Christians like him that have all left because the board is so lopsided in favor of lies.
In other words, most people that used to believe the real truth, like me and him ,have left because there are more people who are disagreeing with us and using scripture to make their points

Quote:
God's truth will prevail, with or without the defense of the truth here. Praise God!
There will always be people who believe as I and this other guy do even if there aren`t as many of us here.

Quote:
Moderator cut: an unnamed poster is now a moderator at a REAL Christian board that does not allow the lies of Satan.
IN other words, they believe as I do.

Quote:
I am also a member.
of course

Quote:
The point is that nowhere in the Bible does it say that Christians have to tolerate this nonsense day in and day out.
By christian, I mean christian like me.

Quote:
Everything has been said, everything is circular and there is ABSOLUTELY NO FRUIT here.
Of course you can see by my posts (Ilene`s post) that i am full of fruit.

Quote:
IMO, the Christianity sub-forum should be shut down.
In other words, too many people disagree with me.

Quote:
All of this crazy nonsense belongs in the R&P.
In other words,the crazy nonsense that others believe. But what I (Ilene) believe is the total truth and makes absolute total sense.

Last edited by spm62; 06-07-2009 at 07:42 PM..

Old 06-07-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen!
Now days very few that are left find it difficult to try to post, they're usually put on defense immediately because of a certain group who has such agenda to get across, instead of the love of God to share and to agree to disagree!!!
Mirror mirror on the wall.....

Old 06-07-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Was that what they were doing? Interesting....Some give honor to the king everyday,not just on sundays and not just in a building of brick and mortor.
Matthew 6:5
5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:17 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Here we go again i was at church so i am better than you

Oh yea i forgot rule #1 Thou must go to Church on a Sunday
Huh?

Aren't you the guy who was passing blanket judgmental statements about other posters because of what you claim you don't see in their posts?

I'm just making an observation....and I never said if I was in church or not....just thought it was interesting the the Lord drew my attention to the posting times.

God bless you, pcamps. Worthy is the Lamb that was slain!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity