Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:10 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,188,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen.... Not Christian!!!
Yet Christ centered.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:11 AM

599 posts, read 1,261,425 times
Wow.....I spent some time looking through this thread today, the most I've been on here in a couple of months. Guess I haven't missed much.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:12 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,703,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Yet Christ centered.
Not even!! For if it was, this thread would not even exist!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:16 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,715,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen.... I agree also it should be turned back over to R&P!!! Everything discuss here these days is more of a world point of view. Not Christian!!!
Why must you hate and ridicule another human so much without even seeking to understand that person's journey before judging? The beauty of discussion (and intellectualism in general) is the exploration of different perspectives. The Internet has provided a medium to do that the likes of which humanity, in its isolated cultural sects, has never before had.

By supporting Ilene's personal assault on me, you indirectly suggest my spiritual path as being "of a world point of view".

Yet, you could not be further from the truth. One could argue that reliance on a book written by humans and interpreted as God's inerrant Word is far more of a "world point of view" than the deeply personal direct experience I have sought with the one we call God.

But you seek not to understand my path. So be it.
Your post saddens me.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:28 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,283,563 times
This thread is currently 7 pages long; 64 posts total. June's post will be 65.

Want to know what this atheist finds ironic?

--Read the thread from the OP onwards. Listen to what and how you post. (Tone counts.)

Therein lies the answer. In this very thread. Sarcasm, attacking, defining what is and possibly is not "Christianity," blaming, etc., so forth, and so on.

Just an interesting June observation.

(Albiet, a sad one.)

Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,893,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
Wow.....I spent some time looking through this thread today, the most I've been on here in a couple of months. Guess I haven't missed much.
Hey Deb!!!!

We've been missing you!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
This thread is currently 7 pages long; 64 posts total. June's post will be 65.

Want to know what this atheist finds ironic?

--Read the thread from the OP onwards. Listen to what and how you post. (Tone counts.)

Therein lies the answer. In this very thread. Sarcasm, attacking, defining what is and possibly is not "Christianity," blaming, etc., so forth, and so on.

Just an interesting June observation.

(Albiet, a sad one.)
Families argue....but we still love each other!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
IMO, the Christianity sub-forum should be shut down. All of this crazy nonsense belongs in the R&P.
I agree and have said the same thing in other areas.

It was the main reason I voted AGAINST the Christian sub-forum way back when it first came up. https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...-only-sub.html (In particular here.)

Old 06-03-2009, 11:13 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,188,779 times
I still wonder about the one post that praised God and was deleted because June felt it had no relevance.

It actually quenched the spirit of the thread, and two people said they were brought to tears.

While I agree on its base (I mod on another board, and have others) this particular forum has an intangibility factor like no other - God, and our relationship with Him - which can be and has been manifested in various ways. It's a very personal matter.

idk.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:14 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,629,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I agree and have said the same thing in other areas.

It was the main reason I voted AGAINST the Christian sub-forum way back when it first came up. https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...-only-sub.html (In particular here.)
Wow, even arguing and strong opinions about that!! It's sad to look through that thread and see the majority who posted then don't post now. Evidently you had a great amount of foresight, Alpha, because the quote below seems really comical now.

Quote:
Umm...you misunderstood my post. What I was saying is that we argue those things now in the religion forum but would not have to do so in a Chrisitan sub-forum.
So can a thread and poll be started like that one about closing the Christianity sub-forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity