Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 01:03 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times

Advertisements

What happened to the christianity forum?

Things went down hill when city-data gave us all new Smilies..

and to some degree the

How I hate those first two.

and

If ever see anyone in real life that look like those two I will smack them in the ear.

Good day.

P.S. I'm really not joking.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:06 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

and to some degree the

and

If ever see anyone in real life that look like those two I will smack them in the ear.

Good day.

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. (Gen 3:1)

We never realized it until it was too late.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:11 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:

and to some degree the

and

Good day.

Haha - true dat. Could you imagine having a conversation at a dinner party and someone smacks their face like that in response to something you've said or, perhaps worse, shoves their thumbs-up in someone else's face who has just belittled you?

Ah, the abhorent strength we have behind keyboards.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:11 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
People look at yourselves, this is exactly what this thread is about, outsiders like myself look at this and read what you are saying to one another and all we do is shake our heads and you wonder why you all are having problems trying to get new people to come and join you, all of this infighting among yourselves, nobody wants to be a part of that, especially somebody who is just looking to find something to believe in, if they see this going on, why would they want to be a part of it, would you want to be apart of something like this with all this infighting going on, maybe it takes an outsider like myself to try and open your eyes up to see what your doing to one another. I hear all this talk about brotherly love but I don't see anybody showing any brotherly love towards one another, every time I come in here to the Christianity Forum to see what's going on, and I do it quite often because I have to as a moderator, all I see is you fighting among yourselves, come on people you're supposed to be Christians, some things that I have been reading are very unchristian like, even atheists get along with each other much better than you all do, at least they're not arguing over script. What difference does it make how one interprets your sacred book, it's all the same, no one Christian denomination is better than the other, y'all believe the same way, so why argue over it, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, start showing a little respect to one another.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. (Gen 3:1)

We never realized it until it was too late.
Sorry LE.. You'll have to explain. I'm in my post lunch carb zone.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Haha - true dat. Could you imagine having a conversation at a dinner party and someone smacks their face like that in response to something you've said or, perhaps worse, shoves their thumbs-up in someone else's face who has just belittled you?

Ah, the abhorent strength we have behind keyboards.
The little purple guy with the thumb sticking up.. it might as well be a different finger when I read it... but thats how my mind works.. assume the worst until told differently.

see now there -->

what a nice smilie.. so innocent.. so calm.

I could take a couple hundred of these over these any day..

Old 06-03-2009, 01:17 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
[quote=Latte'Chic;9117319]
Quote:

Well I don't know what too say!!
Because really I haven't read any of your post to be honest!! And I choose not to read some peoples post for very good reasons.....not stating that about you....but I do filter these days what I read....and Christ will support that!!!

Again.....I was responding and supporting her in that this forum being returning back to R&P! That is the last time I will say that....
I can't help it if one seems to be reading into something that isn't there!!

Have a nice day!!
Then so be it. I guess I can't help it if one ignores something that is there. Our paths simply crossed incongruously.

good day to you as well.

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
I actually do believe we are both correct, Alpha.

We are just basking in different rays from the same Son.
Well said. The end result can be the same . . . but the reasons justifying it differ. Alpha (and others) strongly believe it matters MORE "Why" you follow Christ's example. If you don't hold to their reasons you are wrong even if you end up at the same place spiritually. Sort of a "Believe in God for the reasons I give you and no other . . . or else."

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
The little purple guy with the thumb sticking up.. it might as well be a different finger when I read it... but thats how my mind works.. assume the worst until told differently.

see now there -->

what a nice smilie.. so innocent.. so calm.

I could take a couple hundred of these over these any day..

BT,You do know this is getting way the hell off topic......

Old 06-03-2009, 01:21 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
People look at yourselves, this is exactly what this thread is about, outsiders like myself look at this and read what you are saying to one another and all we do is shake our heads and you wonder why you all are having problems trying to get new people to come and join you, all of this infighting among yourselves, nobody wants to be a part of that, especially somebody who is just looking to find something to believe in, if they see this going on, why would they want to be a part of it, would you want to be apart of something like this with all this infighting going on, maybe it takes an outsider like myself to try and open your eyes up to see what your doing to one another. I hear all this talk about brotherly love but I don't see anybody showing any brotherly love towards one another, every time I come in here to the Christianity Forum to see what's going on, and I do it quite often because I have to as a moderator, all I see is you fighting among yourselves, come on people you're supposed to be Christians, some things that I have been reading are very unchristian like, even atheists get along with each other much better than you all do, at least they're not arguing over script. What difference does it make how one interprets your sacred book, it's all the same, no one Christian denomination is better than the other, y'all believe the same way, so why argue over it, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, start showing a little respect to one another.
I agree with a lot of what you said here, but it does make a difference how someome interprets the Bible, not everyone is listening to the Holy Spirt for interpration. And we sure don't all believe the same thing, that is part of what is causing the disagreements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity