Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 PM

170 posts, read 199,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I agree. God bless.
Bless you Shana but I think you have misunderstood my position. I am saying God will reconcile all things not all persons. The thrones and dominions have been usurped.
I understand why many christians object to the "believe or be damned" hell-fire brigade in evangelicalism, I do too, nor do I think all is as black and white as it is made to seem, never-the-less I do the believe in eternal punishment for devils and for wicked people who will not repent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 07:21 PM

14,905 posts, read 17,200,511 times
Quote:
Bless you Shana but I think you have misunderstood my position. I am saying God will reconcile all things not all persons.
Hi Totton Linnet, I think that I understand what you were saying but I was trying to point out that people are included in the all things because we are His creation. The context presents this. People are the ones to be reconciled to God. Verse 22 of that same chapter speaks of believers as having been reconciled to Him now if they continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast.... God bless.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:25 PM

Totten Linnet, I was thinking that I posted in reference to you post on this thread, but it was another thread. But what I was sharing was in the context of the passage, the all things includes people who were created by, through, in the Lord. God bless.

Quote:
16 for in Him were created the whole (ta panta), the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth – the visible and the unseen, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether sovereignties, whether authorities, the whole (ta panta) through Him and in Him have been created.

Colossians 1:15-20
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.16. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.17. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.19. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it

Old 06-23-2009, 07:34 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,771,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
He was God's right hand "man". He experienced the holy majesty, He was there to witness the creation and His awesome power, He had seen it all and yet he rejected all of it. So how in the world could Satan come back to it or want to when he already rejected God? What power can bring him back when he already rejected that power? and what will make him stay this time? Please use more detailed scripture then the vague interpretation that "all created will be reconciled"
Straw man?

Satan is himself deceived, corrupted by the multitude of his merchandise; His beauty and brightness caused him to be proud ...

Eze 28:16
"By the abundance of thy merchandise They have filled thy midst with violence, And thou dost sin, And I thrust thee from the mount of God, And I destroy thee, O covering cherub, From the midst of the stones of fire. High hath been thy heart, because of thy beauty, Thou hast corrupted thy wisdom because of thy brightness, On the earth I have cast thee, Before kings I have set thee, to look on thee,"

It can be said that he fell because of the way that God made him. As a matter of fact we read as much in Isaiah 54:16 ...

"Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy."

Satan himself will be destroyed in the lake of fire, and made new by Christ ...

Rev 21:5
"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."

Like a smith, God destroys the base materials of the wicked, like iron ore in the furnace of fire, and he smites the raw ore after heating it, all the while the ore is purified and he molds it into a new creation.

But to ask how God will accomplish this or how it will ultimately affect a real Change in Satan or in any of the wicked is like asking how god holds time and space together. Or like asking how he as weighed the mountains or how he has stretched out the heavens and set the celestials in motion. THe bible doesn't go into detail about these things.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,130,376 times
I believe that religion is for everyone to learn and not argue for or against. If some want to stir up the powers of others thinking then maybe another subject would be something to consider. If we recognize that a specific religion holds the power of ones belief then it is fantastic but to argue what one believes using the same source of reference seems a bit silly to me. It is the interpretation of ones faith.

However some think or feel, I believe it is within ones highest ethical system that seems to go hand and hand with religion. My parents were religous and I think my dad passed away from the stress of preaching. I believe that he tried too hard to make some of our neighborhood dads and moms change their religion to what he thought was or would be good for them.

I did read the posts here so does anyone know if Satan can be forgiven and is it possible for him to be forgiven? It is just a question I often pondered and I think it is possible....

Sorry! I think I stirred the mix and I said it is silly to argue but just let me understand if it is so.....

Old 06-23-2009, 07:57 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
he cant---- no more than gang bangers can be reconciled with church of god.
darkness and light do not mingle.
you gota choose, he did.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
It can be said that he fell because of the way that God made him. As a matter of fact we read as much in Isaiah 54:16 ...

"Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy."

Satan himself will be destroyed in the lake of fire, and made new by Christ ...

Rev 21:5
"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."

Like a smith, God destroys the base materials of the wicked, like iron ore in the furnace of fire, and he smites the raw ore after heating it, all the while the ore is purified and he molds it into a new creation.

But to ask how God will accomplish this or how it will ultimately affect a real Change in Satan or in any of the wicked is like asking how god holds time and space together. Or like asking how he as weighed the mountains or how he has stretched out the heavens and set the celestials in motion. THe bible doesn't go into detail about these things.
Agree. Thanks for sharing and God bless.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:11 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,139,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
This is assuming that there is any good in "Satan" that can be saved - we are told that anything that has anything to do with the deeds of the devil is destined for the "lake of fire" it seems to me that the devil being a murderer and liar "from the beginning" and any bad thing is of the devil, hence our carnal nature, his essense seems to be of the darkeness and corruption that does not inherit incorruption, I do not see how he can be "saved"
To be honest, I'm not sure how exactly satan would be "saved" either. But the scriptures tell us God will reconcile all things, and furthermore, God will be all in all. The lake of fire will transform whoever enters it. Death is destroyed in it.

I have to believe the scriptures. Definitely evil will be abolished, it will no longer exist. So perhaps Satan is just winked out of existence.

In any case, think about what the phrase "God is all in all" means.

God will be in everything. There will be nothing anywhere, that is not of God, and that is not righteous. Not even a little spot in some mythical "hell" where Satan is tormented all by himself for eternity. If there was, then God could not be all in all.

God will have transformed everything to be in obedience in him, therefore everything and everyone will be loving, good and righteous.

Resolve however you want Satan fits in there. But to be sure, all men will be saved and in obedience to God.

Peace...

Old 06-23-2009, 09:34 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,771,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Meerkat, I can see it both ways and still studying. But I also think of the scripture which says that our struggle is against powers in heavenly places.

Eph. 6:12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

How does God destroy death... by giving life. We are being transformed into His image, our old man being put to death. We are a new creation...How does God destroy satan, by turning him into something good if he was created evil from the beginning. Something else, I wonder about is what in the heavens would need to be reconciled to God, if it is not those rulers in the heavenly places that are opposed to us. Just some thoughts with continued study and prayer. I don't really think too much about what happens to satan, but it is an interesting study. God bless.
Amen Shana ... Just connecting the dots.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:08 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,195,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
he cant---- no more than gang bangers can be reconciled with church of god.
darkness and light do not mingle.
you gota choose, he did.
Darkness isn't mixed with light - the Light illuminates the darkness, and it is no more. "Gangbangers" aren't gangbangers after they're redeemed - if any "man" be in Christ, he is a new creature.

I think we underestimate that concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity