Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:13 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Why would it suck for them, HotinAZ, to be under the dominion, influence, care of their Creator? To be a slave in His kingdom is much better than being a slave in the dominion of darkness. I did not say a slave, yet we are to be slaves of righteousness, (Romans 6:17) I am. God bless.
We are either slaves to sin or slaves to Christ. There is no freedom - its only an illusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShalomPeace View Post
Hey all,

I found a website that seems to give the right answer.

Check this out :

How serious is it to NOT Inherit the Kingdom of God?

Looks like 'burn baby burn" could be the right answer!

That site is a joke. Its nothing more than the rehashed "hell" verses that have been mistranslated.

Jesus never spoke of an eternal hell. He spoke of a furnace of fire, eonian fire, eonian punishment, gnashing of teeth, and gehenna. NONE of which are eternal.

Watch
this 4-part video on hell if you want to know the truth. If you don't want to know the truth, don't watch it.

Peace.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
We are either slaves to sin or slaves to Christ. There is no freedom - its only an illusion.
Really?

An illusion? Wow. So Christ set you free from what exactly?

To subject one's self to our King is not making us a slave. It makes us a servant, to do His will. This is by choice. We are not forced to, nor would HE force us to. Neither would His Father, who is our Father. Are you a slave to your father? Do a word search on liberty, or freedom, or free, or bondage, or captives, or slaves, slave, etc.

They are there, and His Blood has given you freedom, unlike any you will ever know. Just because men desire or feel the need to be enslaved, doesn't mean it was meant to be that way. Was Adam a slave? When we are overcome by the desires of this world, we are enslaved to them. They captivate our minds, and we loose sight of the Way.

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in HOPE that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

and another:

For speaking out arrogant {words} of vanity they entice by fleshly desires, by sensuality, those who barely escape from the ones who live in error, promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:56 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,201 times
Quote:

Looks like 'burn baby burn" could be the right answer!

Im always right....LOL

Old 06-25-2009, 09:10 PM

173 posts, read 328,424 times
Quote:
Jesus never spoke of an eternal hell. He spoke of a furnace of fire, eonian fire, eonian punishment, gnashing of teeth, and gehenna. NONE of which are eternal.

Watch
this 4-part video on hell if you want to know the truth. If you don't want to know the truth, don't watch it.

Thanks, have watched the video - all 4 parts.

So there's no eternal "burn baby burn" ? What happens after the "non-eternal" furnace of fire, eonian fire, eonian punishment, gnashing of teeth, and gehenna then ?

Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Thanks, have watched the video - all 4 parts.

So there's no eternal "burn baby burn" ? What happens after the "non-eternal" furnace of fire, eonian fire, eonian punishment, gnashing of teeth, and gehenna then ?
Wow awesome, someone actually watched the video! Usually people don't bother as they have already made up their mind...

So what happens after the "non-eternal" fire? The reconciliation and restitution of all things (Col 1:20, Acts 3:21).

If you really want to understand, you will have to do a lot of studying.

This article on Mercifultruth is a good place to start. Also tentmaker has a lot of good articles. Don't worry, it is all based on scripture.

Pray for understanding - God will give it to you if you ask.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Really?

An illusion? Wow. So Christ set you free from what exactly?
Sorry I may have not been clear in my OP. Christ does set us free from sin.

Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[d] 4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

We are always under law. We start out under the law of sin and death. Jesus sets us free from sin, but then we are under a different law: the law of the Spirit of Life.

This is not about gaining "freedom" but instead becoming obedient to Christ.

That is what I meant, sorry for the confusion.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:00 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Sorry I may have not been clear in my OP. Christ does set us free from sin.

Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[d] 4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

We are always under law. We start out under the law of sin and death. Jesus sets us free from sin, but then we are under a different law: the law of the Spirit of Life.

This is not about gaining "freedom" but instead becoming obedient to Christ.

That is what I meant, sorry for the confusion.

Amen!!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:51 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,201 times
The Lost burn....forever and ever they burn.
In a fire that never stops, never ever stops burning them.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The Lost burn....forever and ever they burn.
In a fire that never stops, never ever stops burning them.
Jesus came to seek and save the Lost, (Luke 19:10) not to condemn them to burn forever and ever.

Alan, watch this 4-part video series and let me know what you think:

What about Hell?

Thanks,
Legoman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity