Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:29 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
That they came out of the graves does not mean that they were resurrected with immortal bodies. God bless.

For as in Adam all die,so also in Christ all will be made alive.23. But each in his own order
You can post these verses ALL the day long, but there are hundreds which say otherwise. Believe it or not, this almost sounds cultish. Changing the Word to fit doctrines, saying parts don't mean what they say,,and the massive repeating of the same garb over and over again.
This is what the moonies do concerning the serpent seed doctrine.

I have yet to see you say much about the Blood of Christ, the repentant heart, or even the 'overcoming' saints walk on earth.

Peace be with you, and may the Spirit of Truth move in that heart of yours to see that darkness cannot abide in the Light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 11:35 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Hi there, HotinAz, you stated that God is already all in all and I am trying to share that He is not all in all yet, giving these scriptures which show this to be future event. This is what I am addressing and this is clearly shown in these scriptures which have evidently been ignored concerning this, as well as my question. Sometimes the broken record approach is what might work God bless.

Quote:
God is ALREADY all in all. This is what being God is already. We are not waiting for the magical day to appear, it has already happened when creation happened. Shame people don't understand this
1 Cor. 15
16. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised;17. and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.18. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.19. If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.20. But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep.21. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.22.For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.23. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming,24. then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.25. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.26. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.27. For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him.28. When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

Ephesians 1: 5-10
"He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us. In all wisdom and insight He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him with a view to an administration suitable to the fulness of the times, that is the *summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens, and things upon the earth."

*summing up=anakephalaioomai=to gather together again in one, to reunite under one head as in Eph. 1 (mid. voice) (Hebrew/Greek Key Word Study)

Romans 8:18-22
18. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.19. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in *hope21. that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

*hope=elpis=expectation

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-25-2009 at 12:14 AM..

Old 06-24-2009, 11:52 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Totton Linnet View Post
I presume that you suppose yourself to be elect, are you perfect? if you were climbing a mountain it would not matter how far you had climbed if you were not at the peak, you are in the same condition as the people climbing below. But all are on the mountain as you are. were all at Corinth elect? yes [those in the church I mean] even the man who had committed an atrocious sin and who was later restored to fellowship.
Paul specifically uses Jacob to put forth the elect, Jacob was very far [oft-times] from being Christ-like. Also we are elected before we have done either good or bad so election does not depend at all on us but on God who elects.
You got it. Funny how everyone thinks they are the elect. That`s why people are so quick to throw others into eternal torment. But notice how they always believe they and their children are not in danger of going there. It`s always others in danger. Some if not most will be in for a shocking surprise, IMO. It`s easy to believe in eternal torment when you think you and your children are not going there but most everyone else is.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:56 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
You can post these verses ALL the day long, but there are hundreds which say otherwise.
There are?

Quote:
Believe it or not, this almost sounds cultish.
The modern day church sounds cultish to me. Believe as we do or you are going to be burned and brutally tortured forever.

Quote:
Changing the Word to fit doctrines, saying parts don't mean what they say,,and the massive repeating of the same garb over and over again.
This is what the moonies do concerning the serpent seed doctrine.
This is what the church does.

Quote:
I have yet to see you say much about the Blood of Christ, the repentant heart, or even the 'overcoming' saints walk on earth.
Then you need to pay closer attention

Quote:
Peace be with you, and may the Spirit of Truth move in that heart of yours to see that darkness cannot abide in the Light.
ditto

Old 06-25-2009, 12:04 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Yes Pcamp but the unbelievers don't repent nor believe.

John 3:16
They do not repent or believe in this lifetime so they are not saved from wrath - the wrath is NOT eternal torment though - it is death (not physical death but death of the carnal nature with its evil desires) and how that happens is by judgement for works, Jesus says that, if you believe when he talks about the sheep and goats it is applicable to the final judgement, and in Revelation we see the dead judged on their works.

God said to Adam and Eve - you eat the fruit - you die.

Jesus on the other hand came to save those that were lost (dead)

You see the words that say
In adam [b]all die]

In Christ all made alive

the same all that died will be made alive BUT there is an order

You do not believe what is written and change the words to only those in Christ will be made alive, because that is the doctrine that you have been told and received from the church.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 06-25-2009 at 12:16 AM..

Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Do you believe God is omnipresent? If so, He already is 'ALL in ALL', for nothing would exist without Him. And yes, I believe the fingerprint of God is present everywhere, in everything.
HotinAZ

I believe the "all in all" is referring to everything being obedient to him. That is why it says all is obedient to Christ and Christ is obedient to God, THAT he might be all in all

Old 06-25-2009, 08:06 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
22.For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
The "be made alive", is akin to a seed sprouting new plants. The seed dies in the sense it has returned to the ground, but out of the ground, life begins anew. Read ALL the references to bearing fruit,,or vines,,or trees.
23. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming,
Each in his own order, right? Christ the first fruit, right? Then those who ARE Christ's at His coming, right? Well, WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF HUMANITY, who are not His?
24. then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.
Then the END. Wait, you say there is more going on after that??
25. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
Who are His enemies?
26. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.
That is the last enemy, but who are the rest of them?

Answer the questions I have listed under each verse, IF YOU CAN. But not the first verse as it stands on it's own.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:21 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,259 times
Do you think your soul is just a piece of God? Or is it something like, no this is my soul, that's God. If God asks you to "do this" and you don't want to do it, but God was like, well work on it, how long do you think you have to do it? Is it just that you keep trying? Like what if it is really hard and it's like eeevvverrryyytttthhhiiinnnngggg goes against it, I know it's like well you should really do it. But, what if you don't, and you just work on something else that needs to be done, I mean that's progress right? Kind of like on tests when they're like skip that question and come back to it later. I guess if God knows everything than he already knows what your going to do so surely if God knows your not going to do it why would he even ask you to? Positive thinking I suppose would be the best approach, it will get done eventually. What the heck is meant by elect? You get to get in to heaven? Does anyone else like that term "God only gives you what he knows you can handle?" So people with all this stuff to do like running countries and finding cures for diseases must be really strong, so even if they're doing a bad job, God must really trust them.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:22 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,259 times
I'm not running a country by the way haha

Old 06-25-2009, 09:22 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,889 times
Quote:
23. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming,
Each in his own order, right? Christ the first fruit, right? Then those who ARE Christ's at His coming, right? Well, WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF HUMANITY, who are not His?
24. then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.
Then the END. Wait, you say there is more going on after that??
What is the END? It is the rest of humanity. When the END comes, that means the last person has come in. That is the end.

First Christ, the firstfruit (of the firstfuits). Then the firstfruits (those who are Christs). Then finally comes the end. The last one finally comes. Follow?

ALL are made alive in Christ, each in their own order 3 groups: Christ, then the firstfruits, then the rest.

Look up the meaning for "The END" - it means the termination of list.

The concordant version renders it like this:
1 Cor 15:23 Yet each in his own class: the Firstfruit, Christ; thereupon those who are Christ’s in His presence; thereafter the consummation…

That is your answer my friend. It is hidden in plain sight. All people made alive really does mean all people, each in their own order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity