Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 08:16 AM

192 posts, read 215,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Having a Pastor lead a church is totally unscriptual as well . Nowhere in the word is there a speck of evidence to support it .
First of all, the church was described a various ways in the NT. Pastors are still considered shepherds of the flock today, similar to scriptural example. Also, there is plenty of precedent within the OT priests and the temple.

If you want to claim something is unscriptural you should show us why. Scripture does not speak against a pastor leading a church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 08:22 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Man View Post
First of all, the church was described a various ways in the NT. Pastors are still considered shepherds of the flock today, similar to scriptural example. Also, there is plenty of precedent within the OT priests and the temple.

If you want to claim something is unscriptural you should show us why. Scripture does not speak against a pastor leading a church.
Well it certainly does not say that a Pastor is a church leader , just because you are a shepherd certainly does not make you a sole leader of any church , which seems to be the case within the church system .

Every part of the body should functionional and ministering to one another and building one and other up in the faith.

None of the epistles were addressed to Pastors but to the saints .

I believe in leadership but i certainly do not believe in leadership being left in the hands of one man .

Old 07-03-2009, 09:35 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,546,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShalomPeace View Post
Hey I ain't distort nothing .. -- they are already distorted - not my fault .... you guys have to straighten it out !!!!

No bashing intended, really... just wanna have some fun ... and I love having fun with Catholics ....

You have found a very strange way of having fun. Baiting people and bashing them on their religions. It does give Catholics an opportunity to be stronger in our faith when we can defend it though. I just wish you would be more intellectual with your arguments. You are very childish in the way you present your arguments. Not much scriptural knowledge and mostly saying---you are wrong and pagan. Calling names does not further the debate. Just tiresome.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:48 AM

173 posts, read 328,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You have found a very strange way of having fun. Baiting people and bashing them on their religions. It does give Catholics an opportunity to be stronger in our faith when we can defend it though. I just wish you would be more intellectual with your arguments.
Oh yea .... go check out my other posts where I used nothing but intellectual scriptural knowledge to argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You are very childish in the way you present your arguments. Not much scriptural knowledge and mostly saying---you are wrong and pagan. Calling names does not further the debate. Just tiresome.
Ok ok I behave .. .. , since you are hyper-sensitive ....

As if you Catholics never bash up your counterparts .....

It happens in every christian forum !!! ... I know because I had been a "victim" ....

Old 07-03-2009, 10:58 AM

309 posts, read 513,107 times
Quote:
Well it certainly does not say that a Pastor is a church leader , just because you are a shepherd certainly does not make you a sole leader of any church , which seems to be the case within the church system .

Every part of the body should functionional and ministering to one another and building one and other up in the faith.

None of the epistles were addressed to Pastors but to the saints .

I believe in leadership but i certainly do not believe in leadership being left in the hands of one man .
Show me a church where the Pastor has to do and say what the elders, deacons, and people what to hear and I'll you a church without a Pastor. The elders and deacons job is to assist and help the Pastor not oversee what is said and taught. The Pastor has a hard job to do and at times he is going to step on toes but that is what it takes to get the message across. Can't please everyone.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:00 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Show me a church where the Pastor has to do and say what the elders, deacons, and people what to hear and I'll you a church without a Pastor. The elders and deacons job is to assist and help the Pastor not oversee what is said and taught. The Pastor has a hard job to do and at times he is going to step on toes but that is what it takes to get the message across. Can't please everyone.
Acts 20

17From Miletus, Paul sent to Ephesus for the elders of the church.

Acts 20 same chapter speaking to the same elders

Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers.[a] Be shepherds of the church of God,[b] which he bought .
with his own blood.

Now what scripture do you base what you have to say on ?.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:28 PM

865 posts, read 2,505,200 times
Quote:
Then what are pastors supposed to do ??? .....

Check out the dictionary meaning of pastor :
pastor - definition of pastor by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

And where is "pope" found in the bible? .....
Shouldn't we be looking to the Bible for a definition of pastor?

Old 07-03-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Then what are pastors supposed to do ??? .....

Check out the dictionary meaning of pastor :
pastor - definition of pastor by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

And where is "pope" found in the bible? .....
Where is Christmas found, where is Easter found, where is the Trinity found? They aren't in the bible but all Christians use them and believe them. So if your argument is true than you need to stop using those words. By the way Christian is not in the bible either so you cannot use that word as well. Silly isn't it?

Old 07-03-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Oh yea .... go check out my other posts where I used nothing but intellectual scriptural knowledge to argue.

From what I have read of your posts so far I really don't want to read what you have said about scriptures.

Ok ok I behave .. .. , since you are hyper-sensitive ....

As if you Catholics never bash up your counterparts .....

It happens in every christian forum !!! ... I know because I had been a "victim" ....
So you feel like you are a victim. No wonder you are so nasty to others and other religions besides your own. Saying someone is hyper-sensitive when you call them a name shows no understanding. Stop calling names and others might be more open to what you say.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:09 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I'm Catholic, I think I'd almost rather be like a pagan than like this.

As for Mary

"And she cried out with a loud voice and said: Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. And blessed art thou that hast believed, because those things shall be accomplished that were spoken to thee by the Lord. And Mary said: My soul doth magnify the Lord And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my savior. Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid: for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed." The Gospel of Luke Chapter 1:42-48.

Jhn 2:4
"Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come."

Mark 3:33-35
"And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee. 33 And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren? 34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother."

Mary was blessed to be the mother of Jesus ... But she otherwise has very little to do as a character in the gospels. None of the new testament outside the gospel even mentions her. Now she is venerated a THE mediator between man and Jesus. There is one mediator between man and God, and only one, the man Jesus Christ. The fact is Mary doubted Jesus and thought he had gone mad and wanted him to return home from his ministry at the behest of James. That is the truth. Mary doesn't hear your prayers, neither do the saints, she and they are dead. However Jesus is very much alive, perhaps we should focus on him alone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity