Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:51 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,783,834 times

Advertisements

I'll cite just a few important facts instead of the volumes of accurate information relating to what the definition of a christian would be. First of all christianity consists of either Catholics or Protesting Catholics. Pure and simple. NO exceptions. They follow a pagan based and appointed sabbath, changed by a pagan man who conspired with a so called church. Xtians do NOT follow the Moadim (the Appointed Times of YHVH) which were explicitly laid out for the Children of Israel (HIS people) to follow in perpetuity forever. Instead xtians follow the blended pagan festivals of xmas and easter (Ishtar). Xtians believe it's ALL about grace as if it were some new concept (been there from the very beginning). They worship Messiah as an equal to YHVH which was explicitly prohibited in Torah, HIS word. Even the Messiah spoke against that but oh well. Xtians follow and believe MORE in the writings of the Talmadim (Apostles) more than the Torah Scrolls from which they taught. Xtianity is a far cry from the original faith of the followers of the Messiah to be sure. Not even close. There's a ton more, but I'll just leave it at that. Those are the high (or should I say low) points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,401,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I'll cite just a few important facts instead of the volumes of accurate information relating to what the definition of a christian would be. First of all christianity consists of either Catholics or Protesting Catholics. Pure and simple. NO exceptions. They follow a pagan based and appointed sabbath, changed by a pagan man who conspired with a so called church. Xtians do NOT follow the Moadim (the Appointed Times of YHVH) which were explicitly laid out for the Children of Israel (HIS people) to follow in perpetuity forever. Instead xtians follow the blended pagan festivals of xmas and easter (Ishtar). Xtians believe it's ALL about grace as if it were some new concept (been there from the very beginning). They worship Messiah as an equal to YHVH which was explicitly prohibited in Torah, HIS word. Even the Messiah spoke against that but oh well. Xtians follow and believe MORE in the writings of the Talmadim (Apostles) more than the Torah Scrolls from which they taught. Xtianity is a far cry from the original faith of the followers of the Messiah to be sure. Not even close. There's a ton more, but I'll just leave it at that. Those are the high (or should I say low) points.
Apart from that are we alright

Old 07-07-2009, 07:12 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,783,834 times
LOL ya know PC with an answer like that all I can do is give ya a big hug and pray for ya. Yeah you're a bit of alright. ;-)

Old 07-07-2009, 08:24 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,965,436 times
Jesus is the saviour of all mankind, especially of those who believe.

ALL are saved.
Let's say there are 10 people in this world.
Jesus died for ALL 10 people.
ALL 10 people ARE SAVED.
No If's, and's or but's.

1 of those people actually BELIEVES it, has faith in it.
That person is ESPECIALLY saved, because they are being brought out of the "world" NOW. They are especially saved, because they RECOGNIZE that this world is not all there is, and we have a loving Father, and that He LOVES us and we are SAFE. This person who has FAITH sees BEYOND this current fallen world. The other 9 people do not.

We are saved not because of anything that WE have done.
It has already been done.
SEALED!

It is when a human being has FAITH, that their heart starts to expand, and they see beyond this present world and they are drawn to Him more and more.

We are here for a reason.
ALL of us.

We are here to understand who God is.
We are living in this contrast of LOVE and NON-LOVE (or darkness/evil) so that we may better understand just what LOVE really is. And so that we may cling to God forever. We would never truly understand if we don't experience the contrast. It is impossible to truly know what LOVE is, to truly know WHO God is, without first experiencing life APART FROM HIM.

The darkness is just an absence of love.
Love conquers all.
This is what God is showing us and will show us.
There is nothing we can do to escape His love.
NOTHING.

We are being prepared to put on immortality.
Before we can do that, we must put on incorruption.
We MUST walk through this life FIRST before we can do it.
We MUST see the truth of what love is and what non-love is.
ALL of us will eventually REJECT anything that is NOT LOVE!
EVERY knee WILL BOW!
And DEATH will be the last enemy to be destroyed!
It's a beautiful picture of redemption and LOVE.
It's also not difficult.
Even a CHILD could understand.
And actually, MANY children DO understand...
before they get damaged by this crazy fallen world.

God is SHOWING us something.

Those who have FAITH that HE is LOVE, are especially saved because they are in a sense, being "SAVED" NOW! They see BEYOND this life.

Fundy, don't bother asking me "Where does it say this in scripture?? "
It says it ALL OVER scripture, friend.
I won't walk it for you.
It's up to you.

peace.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:29 PM

91 posts, read 222,138 times
Being a "Christian" is the right of those that like to think they are better than everyone else. They use Christianity as a crutch. Why can't people do good things without having to claim to have done it because of their religion?

Religion has been the root of nearly every war since its inception.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:52 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,965,436 times
Hi, sorry I just realized my last post may have been totally and completely OFF TOPIC. sorry about that. I'll move it to somewhere else.
I'm not sure what the heck I was responding to.
I just started typing away..lol.

I saved it in a textfile, so feel free to remove it if you want to, mods.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:02 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,401,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hi, sorry I just realized my last post may have been totally and completely OFF TOPIC. sorry about that. I'll move it to somewhere else.
I'm not sure what the heck I was responding to.
I just started typing away..lol.

I saved it in a textfile, so feel free to remove it if you want to, mods.
Still enjoyed it though .

Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,530,057 times
Default A Question Needing A Clear Bible Answer For Sure

These are valid questions for today.
Christians are suppose to agree with each other on all the bible.
If 2 mechanics in a car shop disagreed on how to fix a car would you come to that shop for car repairs again ?
If 2 doctors in a hospital disagreed on how to fix the body would you come there for healing of your wounds again?
If 2 carpenters of a construction company disagreed on how to build a house or shopping mall would you come to them for your handyman needs again?
We need professionals or experts telling people what a Christian is.
Unless somebody smarter then God on how to create the sun and stars in heaven then the bible book is the expert book on how to be a Christian.

The bible book says a Christian must live off of every bible verse for the wisdom of God if we're taking on the life on a Christian.

Matthew 4:4 is not for the philosophical intellects or John 8:44 people.

Isaiah 64:6 is not for the philosophical intellects or John 8:44 people.

These bible verses are for John 10. people only.

These bible verses are collectively the wisdom of God in general.

No "every" in Matthew 4:4 then our wisdom of God is in vain.

No dieing to the wisdom of man then our wisdom of God is in vain.

Below are the bible verses on the wisdom of man only; it's only for
John 10 people not John 8:44 people or intellectual philosophiers:

Mark 10:11-2
John 3:5
Romans 6:1
Romans 7:2-3
Romans 12:17
1 Timothy 2:9-14
1 Timothy 6
1 Peter 3:3
Psalms 133:1
2 Corinthians 6:14-17
Titus 3:10
Galations 1:8-9
2 Timothy 3:16
2 Peter 1:20-21

This information is designed to attract John 10 people together only.
The wise and prudent can't get insight on what God is doing with this information cause they self righteous only.

Beside the wisdom of God the unity with man effort is what the life of being a Christian is all about in a complete sense.

Unbelievers get good school grades on being sober and great parents.
They get good school grades on being a super employee and loving neighbor.
While this is wisdom of God information too this doesn't distinguish a person as a Christian for sure.

Only the big list of bible verses I mention will tell you so for sure.

Don't take my word for it just ask a typical person in the world if they receive these bible verses to receive Christ.

They rather tell you they received grace and forgiveness only.
They rather tell you they gave up smoking and spoke in tongues only.
The rather give you their testmonial speech on how many people they won over to a meeting.
They dodge away from admitting whether they are the bible evidence of being a believer on any bible verse.

No bible evidence that your a John 10 person on any bible verse then why do a meeting with a John 8:44 fake ?

Fakes don't have to be fake to be fake.

Probably more likely to run into self righteous people ready to give moral advice on the wisdom of man only.

You learned in Isaiah 64:6 that this is a filthy rag only.
The Christian life is about operating in the wisdom of God only.
That's the Matthew 4:4 road map for being a Christian.
People teaching the wisdom of man when you have wisdom of God information in the bible book is like an amateur boxer teacher teaching people how to be a pro boxer for a living.

We never go to amateurs for expertise information.
Only with the bible book is this really practiced today.
That's easy and logical for any brain to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .c.h.i.c.k.e.n.w.i.n.g. View Post
I've seen a bunch of stuff on here from peoples saying that they may be or may not be what they claim to be.

Is there anything Christians can agree on that they claim to believe?

What is truth?

Is it reletive?

Old 09-15-2009, 11:55 AM

11 posts, read 11,352 times
Default Versions of Truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
No not really.

Truth?! HA! Everyone has their own version of truth. Just wait till you hear beloved57's truth! Woo Hoo!!!
So, is it really your opinion that there is no truth? Or is this a hyperbolic stint of sarcasm?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:33 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,630,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .c.h.i.c.k.e.n.w.i.n.g. View Post
I've seen a bunch of stuff on here from peoples saying that they may be or may not be what they claim to be.

Is there anything Christians can agree on that they claim to believe?

What is truth?

Is it reletive?
A Christian is anyone who has believed in Christ for salvation during the Dispensation of the Church. It doesn't matter whether you are a good Christian or a bad Christian (as far as your salvation that is). It only matters that you have expressed faith in the work of Jesus Christ on the Cross. The reason we're called Christian is because when we believe in Christ, God the Holy Spirit places us into union with Christ, (this is called the baptism of the Holy Spirit; Acts 1:5; 1 Corinthians 12:13) and we therefore share what Christ is and has. That is to say, we share His Sonship, His heirship, His priesthood, His destiny, His eternal life, His righteousness.

That we are in Christ is unique to the Church Age believer. This never occurred in any other period (dispensation) of human history. This is what distinquishes the Dispensation of the Church from all preceding ages in human history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity