Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 04:03 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
............. he can not take the scriptures for what it says here because the scripture does not support his doctrine so he has to change the scripture to fit the doctrine ......... great and people believe it!! sigh
Meerkat i think i am being misunderstood here .I was speaking the folly of his doctrine, because that is all the calvinists have, I am saying what you are saying . So please don't smack me

Last edited by pcamps; 07-09-2009 at 04:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 05:13 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
God’s Love for Those Never Saved

"Someone might say, Yes, but that talks about God’s redemptive love for His elect alone. No, this speaks of a love that spread over the entire nation of Israel. God “became their Savior” in the sense that He redeemed the entire nation from Egypt. He suffered when they suffered. He sustained them “all the days of old.” This speaks not of an eternal salvation, but of a temporal relationship with an earthly nation. How do we know? Look at verse 10: “But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; therefore, He turned Himself to become their enemy, He fought against them........”

-John MacArthur
God doesnt Love the Non elect..rom 9:

As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:13 AM

11,902 posts, read 3,713,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Meerkat i think i am being misunderstood here .I was speaking the folly of his doctrine, because that is all the calvinists have, I am saying what you are saying . So please don't smack me
Not smacking you ............. I know that do not agree with the calvinist doctrine

Old 07-09-2009, 06:54 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,135,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domoman View Post
I'm still going with this: if God predestined certain men for Hell, he never loved them to begin with.

"God doesn't send people to Hell, he simply only elected a few to be saved."

A firefighter sees 50 people trapped in a burning building. They will all burn to death if he does not rescue them. He has the ability to rescue ALL 50 people. He chooses to only rescue 10 people. Did he not choose to let the other 40 people burn to death?

God bless!
Lets make the analogy even simpler.

You are the parent of two children. You give the first child a chocolate bar, put him in an abandoned barn, and then set the barn on fire. Then you take the second child for ice cream.

Is this being loving to both children? Would any court of law let the parent off the hook because he gave the first child a chocolate bar?

Is God's way higher than our ways, or lower than our ways?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

You are the parent of two children. You give the first child a chocolate bar, put him in an abandoned barn, and then set the barn on fire. Then you take the second child for ice cream.

Is this being loving to both children? Would any court of law let the parent off the hook because he gave the first child a chocolate bar?

Very good analogy.

According to Calvinists we are not allowed to reason like this though .

Obviously because it pulls the rug from under their doctrine.

Come now let us reason together .

Old 07-09-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

1 jn 3:

10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
1 jn 3:

10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
What about all those you hate ?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What about all those you hate ?
what you mean ? Dont worry about my hate, you need to worry about Gods hate..

Old 07-09-2009, 07:24 AM

14,891 posts, read 17,179,835 times
Quote:
Isaiah 1:18 (New International Version)

18 "Come now, let us reason together,"
says the LORD.
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.

God himself gave us our ability to reason, so that we could reason. Not only that, but he suggests, here, that we DO reason. Obviously he figured we could figure what he was trying to tell us through the reasoning which he gave us.

Also, analogies are perfectly acceptable to use. Did Jesus not use analogies with people while he was on Earth? He talked of a shepherd who lost his sheep; of a woman who lost her coin; of a father who waited for his son; and more. He brought His thoughts down to OUR LEVEL many, many times!
Agree, Domoman. God bless.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
what you mean ? Dont worry about my hate, you need to worry about Gods hate..
You hate sinners, you have told us on many occasions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity