Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:21 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,908,235 times

Advertisements

The children of God are manifest by their doings:
  • 1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

The elect have not bowed the knee to baal:

• Romans 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. 5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace

Your interpretation of the passage below has God's elect bowing to and burning incense to Baal, manifestly not doing righteousness. You don't believe 1 John 3.

• Hosea 2:13 I will punish her For the days of the Baals to which she burned incense. She decked herself with her earrings and jewelry, And went after her lovers; But Me she forgot," says the LORD. 14 "Therefore, behold, I will allure her, Will bring her into the wilderness, And speak comfort to her. 15 I will give her her vineyards from there, And the Valley of Achor as a door of hope; She shall sing there, As in the days of her youth, As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt. 16 "And it shall be, in that day," Says the LORD, "That you will call Me 'My Husband,' And no longer call Me 'My Master,'
  • 17 For I will take from her mouth the names of the Baals, And they shall be remembered by their name no more. 18 In that day I will make a covenant for them With the beasts of the field, With the birds of the air, And with the creeping things of the ground. Bow and sword of battle I will shatter from the earth, To make them lie down safely. 19 "I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me In righteousness and justice, In lovingkindness and mercy; 20 I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, And you shall know the LORD.
  • 21 "It shall come to pass in that day That I will answer," says the LORD; "I will answer the heavens, And they shall answer the earth. 22 The earth shall answer With grain, With new wine, And with oil; They shall answer Jezreel. 23 Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth, And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy; Then I will say to those who were not My people, 'You are My people!' And they shall say, 'You are my God!' "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 12:25 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,968,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Thats talking about the elect, not the children of the devil..

Again your doctrine contradicts plainly.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:50 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,430,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Now you go and apply cast away to God's elect whom God just said He did not cast away and who have already obtained it.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew
Beloved57 surrender

Old 07-12-2009, 09:42 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,398,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Now you go and apply cast away to God's elect whom God just said He did not cast away and who have already obtained it.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew
Its talking about the elect..only the elect have been reconciled to God, not the devils children nor the devil..

Old 07-12-2009, 10:07 PM

106 posts, read 136,428 times
Quote:
Its talking about the elect..only the elect have been reconciled to God, not the devils children nor the devil..
Romans 11:15

Quote:
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? 16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

So, God cast away certain people, but this also speaks of God receiving these same people BACK.

Who was cast away, and yet, received back?

The answer lies in Romans 11:2:

Quote:
God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

God DIDN'T CAST AWAY those he "foreknew." So it must be those he did NOT foreknow. That is, it must have NOT been the Elect. God will even bring back the NON-ELECT (at least, for the sake of argument, in certain circumstances).

Keep in mind, I can't take credit for realizing this, because surely I didn't. Thy Kingdom Come pointed it out to you. I'm just trying maximize the obvious conclusion from these scriptures.

Good job Thy Kingdom Come!

Old 07-12-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domoman View Post
Romans 11:15

So, God cast away certain people, but this also speaks of God receiving these same people BACK.

Who was cast away, and yet, received back?

The answer lies in Romans 11:2:

God DIDN'T CAST AWAY those he "foreknew." So it must be those he did NOT foreknow. That is, it must have NOT been the Elect. God will even bring back the NON-ELECT (at least, for the sake of argument, in certain circumstances).

Keep in mind, I can't take credit for realizing this, because surely I didn't. Thy Kingdom Come pointed it out to you. I'm just trying maximize the obvious conclusion from these scriptures.

Good job Thy Kingdom Come!
Only the elect are reconciled to God, not the devil and his seed..

and only the devils seed is cast away..never are the elect cast away..

Old 07-12-2009, 10:37 PM

106 posts, read 136,428 times
Quote:

All I hear is the same thing that was just refuted. Thus, you still stand refuted.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domoman View Post
All I hear is the same thing that was just refuted. Thus, you still stand refuted.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:39 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,780,925 times
Beloved sounds like a broken record most of the time. "You're blind to the truth" "You're blind to the truth" "You're blind to the truth" "You're blind to the truth" "You're blind to the truth"

They have clearly shown error in your doctrine, yet you just ignore them by saying the same thing over and over and over.........Oh and yes I know, I can't see the truth. I got it.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Beloved sounds like a broken record most of the time. "You're blind to the truth" "You're blind to the truth" "You're blind to the truth" "You're blind to the truth" "You're blind to the truth"

They have clearly shown error in your doctrine, yet you just ignore them by saying the same thing over and over and over.........Oh and yes I know, I can't see the truth. I got it.
Thats right, blind to the Truth..only the elect are reconciled to God, and the elect are never cast away..its pretty simple, keeping that principle in mind can help understand scripture..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity