Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 11:12 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,746,103 times

Advertisements

I see lots of boosting !!

maybe the day of testing hasn't started yet for anyone but those who already died for him or died in HIM.

so maybe everyone else's" hour of trial" has not even started yet.

"Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth"

the 12 daughters of Lady Zions(in the stars "Alic(z)ione"/cities Alesehir/clans Elishah/Alegewi/ Biblical (AE)lycians/ Jerusalem most ancient name is probably "Alaz" (elishia,(AE) Lycians) guessed by Jehovah's word play with it curing those who took stole his inheritance from Alicione ) the 6 clans , and their sisters the 6 churches are modeled from //will be kept from the hour of trial.
and since none of you are in the clans to understand brotherhood and sisterhoods and sharing and thinking as one unit .. or are any of you anti bible folks in the 6 churches either? what are your odds of being "kept from the hour of trail" coming to all madkind living on the earth ? well it is pretty much zip!

and everyone's"hour of Trial "hasn't even started. it is given once for a man to die then judgement ( testing? trial ? )
1Ki 20:11

Then the king of Israel replied, “Tell him, ‘Let not him who girds on his armor boast like him who takes it off.’”

I sure see a lot of boasting ! or is that "positive confession" I see?

and for the Bible Haters around here, the only way you aren't getting judged is if you are the judges. you might be judging and condemning us here and now, but maybe you're
even looking" good" right now in your own mind or on this list. oh baby you look good... but ultimately that won't happen you are not the churches judges , you really aren't the clans judges! though yes you do try!

remember it was ten virgins not 5 hookers and 5 virgins! SO well I am positively confessing NO one has much room to be that arrogant of their outcome until it is over ! and it hasn't started yet.
certainly no room for boosting like you got the big prize !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 11:19 AM

11,198 posts, read 7,256,290 times
It was never in God's will to have Jesus visit all peoples of the earth personally. And it wasn't necessary anyway. The early disciples did what God instructed; go out and spread the good news, which happened. Eventually got the word out worldwide. If you want to play God though, I guess you could want or expect anything different from what has happened, but it's unclear why you would want to do that.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
It was never in God's will to have Jesus visit all peoples of the earth personally. And it wasn't necessary anyway. The early disciples did what God instructed; go out and spread the good news, which happened. Eventually got the word out worldwide. If you want to play God though, I guess you could want or expect anything different from what has happened, but it's unclear why you would want to do that.
right on!

Old 02-21-2018, 11:57 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,983,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinguy2009 View Post
Why didn't Jesus (or the Jewish God for that matter) reveal himself to the Indians - or to other indigenous peoples in Australia, Africa, Asia?

Did the Indians that died before white people came all go to Hell?

Because the people who wrote the bible lived in a 200 sq mile area and didn't even know the world existed outside of them... no other reason. The wrote of camels in places that at the time did not exist within those areas. Why? Because they had not traveled outside of their radius. They simply assumed everywhere was like where they were.

There was no god, just stories (no first hand accounts either, not even from the 500 or so witnesses).. just stories..

Old 02-21-2018, 11:59 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,983,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I wonder how good the Natives and Africans think the word is. I mean their choices were convert or be murdered. They spread it alright. Mostly through war, rape, murder and genocides. I mean more people have been killed in the name of Christianity than any other force on earth. Including the Nazi's. If that doesn't say something about the 'good word' and "religion of love" then I don't know what does.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:05 PM

11,198 posts, read 7,256,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I wonder how good the Natives and Africans think the word is. I mean their choices were convert or be murdered. They spread it alright. Mostly through war, rape, murder and genocides. I mean more people have been killed in the name of Christianity than any other force on earth. Including the Nazi's. If that doesn't say something about the 'good word' and "religion of love" then I don't know what does.
Well, leave it to flawed mankind to screw things up. It wasn't the Bible that authorized those heinous acts. It was in the minds and cultures of the guilty who carried on in that way. Blame humans and mankind. We continue to see that daily worldwide, regardless of belief.

Nearly anything good in its original and intrinsic state can be warped and ruined by mankind, and changed into something 180 degrees opposite the original intention. Man is an expert at that, especially when he has hate and power in mind. He'll use any tool to accomplish evil, ignoring what he is doing while engaging in crimes against humanity and against God.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,202,251 times
Quote:
Why didn't Jesus (or the Jewish God for that matter) reveal himself to the Indians - or to other indigenous peoples in Australia, Africa, Asia?

I think the general consensus is that anyone who lived before Jesus made the scene is grandfathered in to having a shot at redemption post death. How that works, I'm not exactly sure.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:30 PM

Gen 10:19

And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha.

I suspect that pre-pre Canaanite name of Jerusalem aka Jebus (post when Menes/ MN /menage/ and his Canaanite cousins stole that land from Job's family. I think mount Zion was
(ae)Alaz(a) or maybe (spelt ( AE)Lasha was it's name or it is a sister clan city/ od worldwide trading clan families with all of (AE) Lycia. That is (red paint clan) and her 6 daughter clans .
Thus mengewi stole all of it here in the new word and thereby endless wars and head lopping and their bloodthirsty ways. which is going to require we all repent// it was coming around because it had been going around..

we can always find examples old and new world of the peacekeepers and the blood takers in al ages and in all times. you know them by their fruit!
who inherits the earth?
Not madkind!

Psa 25:13
His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.
Psa 37:9
For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
Psa 37:11
But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
Psa 37:22
For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
Mat 5:5
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Meek means power under control ......
a meek horse is a horse so well well trained that he trusts the rider to charge into battle or even over a cliff.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:21 AM

1 posts, read 380 times
Hatito Daniila,

The original question is something that I touch on quite often in ministry, and requires more then what is able to be posted here. One thing we must keep in mind is to not speak for another. This is what causes so much confusion and conflict, and it is a basic concept that so many fail miserably at. I will speak only from my own cultural perspective.

All cultures have their own concepts of what The Creator has intended. But what many fail to realize is that The Creator presents herself to each of us based upon our own cultural understanding.

So many believe that if others do not understand and think as they do, then they are mislead or outright wrong. Where trouble starts is when one culture (or even person) attempts to push their concepts onto that of another. This tactic seldom works and we end up with what we have today. Conflict.

If one looks at the various concepts of spirituality, and does so with an open mind and open heart, we will find that most are really not that far apart.

Generally, but not always, most cultures believe in One Creator or "God" If we truly believe that there is but one, then we have to accept the fact that that ONE is the same God that other cultures follow as well. There may be different mind views of this entity and God may be called by different names. But there is only ONE.

People seem to have this idea that there is righteousness in numbers. " My way of thinking is right because i have a million people that believe like me " This concept does not work for Natives as spirituality is very personal and The Creator speaks to each of us differently. Of course there are parts that are communal as well.

If we see this concept as The Creator made each culture distinct to itself, why do we have such a hard time accepting the differences in perspective ? The answer is our own pride. There is no place for pride in the world of The Creator. when one says " You are wrong and I am right, Or that is a stupid way to think " This is OUR pride speaking. And if you really search, you will find that no matter what version of spirituality you follow, Pride is not a good thing to God no matter what your concept is.

That said, in regards to the original question (Paraphrased)... "Did Jesus come to Natives ?" Well the answer is yes and no.

Jesus Christ is the physical vessel of the SPIRIT that came from The Creator to people here on earth, and specifically the people of the region of the middle east. This Spirit was sent to speak to that culture in a way that they could relate to and in a form they could accept.

Most cultures have their own earthly heroes. The one in the middle east lands was named Jesus. But what of the ones we know of in our own stories ? Is it not possible that the stories from our own cultures that speak of a being sent from The Creator, talk about the same Spirit only in a different vessel ? Keep in mind there is only One God.

So... Did Jesus come to Natives in North America ? No.
Did the SPIRIT that eastern people knew of as the human container Jesus, come to Native people in NA ?

Hmmmmm, That is a totally different question.

Ketchakah

Old 12-02-2018, 12:08 PM

1,146 posts, read 652,508 times
Quote:

First, the Bible does not say there is a hell. It says there is a Second Death, which is spiritual death - total destruction of the spirit without parole or remedy. God is not the manager of a subterranean torture chamber. When a sinner dies their spirit is permanently destroyed.

Christ DID reveal Himself to the world - in the person of His apostles and future missionaries of the gospel. As of this writing almost everyone on the planet has heard a variation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

But what is the gospel?

The word gospel means 'good news'. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the revelation that God will endow eternal life to those who accept Christ as their Lord and Savior. Anyone who does this will be given a portion of God's eternal life. Those that do no will suffer the Second Death.

The Bible does NOT teach that there is some sort of indestructible portion of a human that survives physical death. Quite the contrary, the Bible teaches that only God has eternal life. (1 Timothy 6:16) The Bible also tells us that man is morta and subject to death. "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; - Genesis 6:3a

When the question of global salvation arises, the answer that's expected is that one only needs to be good. The Bible says nobody is good. Goodness cannot save. Only the Second Birth in Christ can save.

Is it fair? Certainly not. The Bible never says God is fair. It says God is just and that's quite a different thing.

Each person gets what they want. If they want to live their lives apart from God they will be restricted from eternal life because of their refusal of God during their earthly existence. If a person asks Christ into their lives and seeks to follow His ways during their life on earth then they will be granted God's life in eternity.

God is just and gives life according to what they've done about Jesus Christ.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity