Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 06:06 PM

33,223 posts, read 26,422,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I have been told it is in the bible but I can't help but think it's more meaning of not people disappearing. You the two in the wheatfield on will be standing the other not or something like that.

How many times has a Doctor said "he's gone now?" does that mean the guy who died disappeared, no of course not. It is to me more of saying he left his body. I always imagined that the parable or scripture just means the one standing is still alive but the one who isn't is physically dead. I don't see where it says people are actually disappeared. *poof* gone physically.
Yes, the rapture is in the Bible. It just isn't called by that word in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. 'Rapture' is an English word taken from the Latin word 'rapturo' which translates the Greek word 'harpazo' which means to catch up, to seize, to carry off by force, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2022, 01:21 AM

332 posts, read 84,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I have been told it is in the bible but I can't help but think it's more meaning of not people disappearing. You the two in the wheatfield on will be standing the other not or something like that.

How many times has a Doctor said "he's gone now?" does that mean the guy who died disappeared, no of course not. It is to me more of saying he left his body. I always imagined that the parable or scripture just means the one standing is still alive but the one who isn't is physically dead. I don't see where it says people are actually disappeared. *poof* gone physically.
I agree with you that people will not just disappear. A spectacular event none the less. Here is how I interpret what the Bible says on the matter.

1 Thessalonians 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

This is talking about the faithful who will be caught up to meet the Lord at his coming. "We which are alive and remain" means those living who are prepared, and remain faithful, (as the five wise virgins).

Matthew 24:3 "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." ("Once saved, always saved" should be sure to check the oil in their lamp.)

The Bible gives a very clear order. 1. "the Lord himself shall descend from heaven". 2. "the dead in Christ will rise first". 3. Then we shall be caught up,"to meet the Lord in the air".

Unless we are equipped with jet packs and parachutes, something else has to happen.

1 Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

Again in the same order. 1- The last trumpet shall sound. 2. The dead will rise incorruptible. 3. We will be changed from mortal to immortal "in the twinkling of an eye".

Old 10-29-2022, 07:01 AM

344 posts, read 144,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I can tell you what I do know....He's coming and I'm going!
When are you going? Before any suffering comes upon you?

I just purchased The Encyclopedia of Biblical Prophecy, by Barton , it's 700 pages so Ill get back to you.

Old 10-29-2022, 07:18 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,467,480 times
what makes you think he wants to come back???

Old 10-29-2022, 10:14 PM

720 posts, read 705,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
This meant for me?
No, It wasn't. Sorry.

Old 10-30-2022, 02:39 PM

995 posts, read 783,353 times
What Jesus actually said about his second coming and the destruction of Jerusalem.
https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...g-mount-olivet

Old 10-31-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
What Jesus actually said about his second coming and the destruction of Jerusalem.
https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...g-mount-olivet
I believe reading Matthew 24 & 25 will give the best account of what Jesus actually said, but the author does have some interesting insights.

Old 10-31-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- Yahshua Messiah Didn't Come The 1st Time. He Was 'Sent'.
He was sent, but didn't come? Just trying to get your point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity