Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 05:54 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
If you believe in the Second Coming of Christ, what do you think still needs to happen before He returns?

Me? Either.....

1) NOTHING at all! The Second Coming could be any day now.

OR

2) the Great Chastisement immediately before the Second Coming

My reasoning:

-We are at Revelation 20:9

-The Great Apostasy has already occurred

-The Antichrist has already come in the form of the last 4 or 5 popes

-The majority of the secrets of La Salette and Fatima have already taken place

-Matthew 24:37 For as the days of Noah were, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark, 39 and they knew nothing until the flood came and swept them all away, so too will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Remember two things. A) Just like God's only concern in the Old Testament was Israel, so it is today as God's only concern now is his church....the Catholic Church. All Prophecy for the end times deals only with the Catholic Church. B) Just as Israel was looking for a larger than life earthly king figure in the Messiah and most people in that time didn't recognize Jesus as Messiah, so it is today. Most people misread Revelation and end time prophecy thinking of major "epic" events and fail to see what is taking place now has already fulfilled prophecy. God is more concerned with the spiritual battle, not the earthly ones.
Nothing! The prophesies about Jesus have been fulfilled. There’s nothing left but His second coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 06:26 AM

10,438 posts, read 6,964,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
Jesus can return any time now. Any who plan to return to animal sacrifices in a supposed third temple cannot be saved according to Hebrews 6.
Hebrews is New Testament, obviously theres that whole Jewish thing... The sacrifice is needed to make the Temple pure. Not sure of a better plan? Ill take the red heiffer ash.

In prophecy, the third Temple has to occur before any tribulation does.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:32 AM

344 posts, read 144,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Nothing! The prophesies about Jesus have been fulfilled. There’s nothing left but His second coming.
says who? You? Scripture has much to say. Either reread Revelation or just believe whatever you want. I will not dialogue with anyone. either read your Bible or whatever else you do. Like the Lord says, let those who are filthy be filthy still

Old 08-10-2022, 08:23 AM

923 posts, read 237,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Hebrews is New Testament, obviously theres that whole Jewish thing... The sacrifice is needed to make the Temple pure. Not sure of a better plan? Ill take the red heiffer ash.

= a one-way ticket to hell.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:57 AM

10,438 posts, read 6,964,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
= a one-way ticket to hell.
Read the Book of Numbers, it has everything that is required for the third Temple. The Temple being rebuilt has already been planned out for when the time comes and will be done so upon Jewish law/Torah.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:29 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
Quote:

Quote:
Read the Book of Numbers, it has everything that is required for the third Temple. The Temple being rebuilt has already been planned out for when the time comes and will be done so upon Jewish law/Torah.

you may want to read Hebrews 8 9 & 10,
and pay particular attention to Heb 10:28-29,
especially verse 29.

It is indeed good to understand the Judaic system - as it was a type and shadow, indeed ordained by God, of things now perfected through Christ,
and I would argue that ignorance of the Judiac system is ignorance to God's plan, now perfected and fulfilled in Christ.

Forget the red-heifer ash - We {now} have an altar from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat. Heb 13-10

Last edited by CCCyou; 08-10-2022 at 09:37 AM..

Old 08-10-2022, 11:06 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
says who? You? Scripture has much to say. Either reread Revelation or just believe whatever you want. I will not dialogue with anyone. either read your Bible or whatever else you do. Like the Lord says, let those who are filthy be filthy still

Says Jesus!
Luke 24:44

“Jesus said to them, “These are the words I spoke to you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about Me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms.”

Tell me which prophecy about Jesus that is written in the Law of Moses, the prophets, and the Psalms hasn’t been fulfilled?

Old 08-10-2022, 01:16 PM

332 posts, read 84,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
If you believe in the Second Coming of Christ, what do you think still needs to happen before He returns?

Me? Either.....

1) NOTHING at all! The Second Coming could be any day now.

OR

2) the Great Chastisement immediately before the Second Coming

My reasoning:

-We are at Revelation 20:9

-The Great Apostasy has already occurred

-The Antichrist has already come in the form of the last 4 or 5 popes

-The majority of the secrets of La Salette and Fatima have already taken place
I believe the great tribulation has not begun yet, but will soon. The beginning is described in Revelation 8. If you are Catholic, why do you believe the last 4 or 5 Popes have formed the Antichrist.

Old 08-10-2022, 03:33 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolympus View Post
I believe the great tribulation has not begun yet, but will soon. The beginning is described in Revelation 8. If you are Catholic, why do you believe the last 4 or 5 Popes have formed the Antichrist.
That is correct. The great Tribulation is still a future event, though when it will occur can't be said except that the rapture of the church must occur first. Also, I would place the beginning of the Tribulation in chapter 6 rather than chapter 8.

Old 08-10-2022, 03:51 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolympus View Post
I believe the great tribulation has not begun yet, but will soon. The beginning is described in Revelation 8...................
First, in Scripture there is No capital letter "A" for anti-Christ. No one person is an Anti-Christ.
Even in 2nd Thess. 2:3-4 there is No capital letters for the false clergy class.
The composite false clergy man of sin, the man of lawlessness who seat themselves in the 'temple' (meaning 'houses of worship') as if they are God when in reality they are anti-God.- Acts 20:29-30
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity