Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 10:25 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,550 times

Advertisements

“God has voted for you, Satan has voted against you, and you have the deciding vote.”

The elect, in my opinion is who you serve. Did God, know from the foundations of the world who would serve who?

Of course he did. The "elect" serve Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 10:58 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
“God has voted for you, Satan has voted against you, and you have the deciding vote.”

The elect, in my opinion is who you serve. Did God, know from the foundations of the world who would serve who?

The elect are those who God chose to be heirs with Jesus christ in Glory, and the non elect are those God chose to be heirs with satan, the devil in the lake of fire..

Old 07-25-2009, 11:00 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:

You are right

Old 07-25-2009, 11:14 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,550 times
Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their wounds; and he was baptized at once, he and all his family.

—Acts 16:30-33

We are ased the question in the Bible . .. Choose whom you will serve??

We were sent a Saviour . .. we have free will to play on either team?

Satan is roaring around to devour us . . . he wouldn't be roaring, we wouldn't need the shield of faith . . . and a Saviour if Satan was given a team by God.

God knows whom we will serve, he wants all to come to repentance before him . . but knows who will or won't.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:21 AM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Hi Lifesigns, I believe that God in His omniscience knows who will come to Him today. He knows who the elect are and He knows that most will not be saved today, but I also believe that He desires all mankind to come to repentance, that He desires all to be saved and that since He desires this He will eventually bring this about, the salvation of all mankind. We know that God wants all peopld because Jesus gave His life for all mankind, not just for the elect.

To me, the belief that God knows who will be saved and who will be lost forever but that He still wants all to be saved is a contradiction. I mean He already knows what will happen in this respect according to this belief, so how can He want all to be saved? He brings them into existence knowing that they will not be saved, according to this belief. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-25-2009 at 11:30 AM..

Old 07-25-2009, 11:44 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,702 times
Quote:
Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their wounds; and he was baptized at once, he and all his family.

—Acts 16:30-33

We are ased the question in the Bible . .. Choose whom you will serve??

We were sent a Saviour . .. we have free will to play on either team?

Satan is roaring around to devour us . . . he wouldn't be roaring, we wouldn't need the shield of faith . . . and a Saviour if Satan was given a team by God.

God knows whom we will serve, he wants all to come to repentance before him . . but knows who will or won't.
The philippian Jailor was an elect, and not a child of the devil who was created for hell.. Matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The fire was prepared for them, and them for the fire..

Old 07-25-2009, 12:05 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Matthew 19:16-26

"And lo, one having come near, said to him, `Good teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have life age-during?' And he said to him, `Why me dost thou call good? no one [is] good except One -- God; but if thou dost will to enter into the life, keep the commands.' He saith to him, `What kind?' And Jesus said, `Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not bear false witness, honour thy father and mother, and, thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.' The young man saith to him, `All these did I keep from my youth; what yet do I lack?' Jesus said to him, `If thou dost will to be perfect, go away, sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and come, follow me.' And the young man, having heard the word, went away sorrowful, for he had many possessions; and Jesus said to his disciples, `Verily I say to you, that hardly shall a rich man enter into the reign of the heavens; and again I say to you, it is easier for a camel through the eye of a needle to go, than for a rich man to enter into the reign of God.' And his disciples having heard, were amazed exceedingly, saying, `Who, then, is able to be saved? And Jesus having earnestly beheld, said to them, `With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' "

Whats most interesting to me about this situation is that the rich man claims to have followed the law all his life, but refused to give away his things and follow Christ. We find out that the root of evil is the love of money in 1 Timothy 6:10.

1 Timothy 6:10
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

The disciples were amazed at the fact that the love of money would make it so hard to enter heaven. They in fact took it to mean that no one could get into heaven. Even the disciples thought they would be rich when Jesus took the throne, and were preparing and even quarreling(at least their mothers were) over who would sit at his(Christ's) right hand ... They still thought at this time that Jesus was going to rule in their lifetimes. They had not yet realized he was going to die. Yet Christ answers them ... With God all things are possible. Did he say, too bad for them they are going to suffer fire for ever ... ? Or , they are the enemies of God whom i hate and they must burn for ever ? Or anything like that? Nope. He said all things are possible with God.

Salvation for all people is possible for God.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:27 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
Salvation for all people is possible for God.
Yes, I believe to say otherwise diminishes the sovereignty and power of God. God bless.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:16 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,081 times
Quote:

Yes, by freewill choice.
Quote:
1 Enoch [Chapter 94]
1 And now I say unto you, my sons, love righteousness and walk therein;
For the paths of righteousness are worthy of acceptation,
But the paths of unrighteousness shall suddenly be destroyed and vanish.
2 And to certain men of a generation shall the paths of violence and of death be revealed,
And they shall hold themselves afar from them,
And shall not follow them.
3 And now I say unto you the righteous:
Walk not in the paths of wickedness, nor in the paths of death,
And draw not nigh to them, lest ye be destroyed.
4 But seek and choose for yourselves righteousness and an elect life,
And walk in the paths of peace,
And ye shall live and prosper.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:19 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,544 times
Quote:
[/quote]

Here is something to consider. God chooses whom He will call and once called they are given the power to repent. BUT He has chosen to make Free Will sacred and does not know who will faithfully obey and who will not obey until he tests them.

When a person is tested God does not know what they will choose because their decision does not exist until they must make a choice.

Where is THAT in the Scriptures you ask?

Deu 8:2 And you shall remember the whole way that the LORD your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not.

Deu 13:3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the LORD your God is testing you, to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Why would God test them if He already knew whether they would keep His commandments or not?

Pro 17:3 The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the LORD tests hearts.

NEW TESTAMENT TESTING

1Pe 1:7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith--more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ......obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

And directly to the point:

Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation, because having been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

HK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity