Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:09 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,395,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well my Bible says He will have mercy on all

Romans chapter 11

32For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.
That means all the elect, of Jew and gentile, not the children of the devil..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 08:18 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,375,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
That means all the elect, of Jew and gentile, not the children of the devil..
How do you come up with that ?

Old 07-27-2009, 08:19 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,588,849 times
Quote:
Well my Bible says He will have mercy on all

Romans chapter 11

32For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.
God does have mercy on ALL. Don't the ungodly become filthy rich? the ungodly are famous, they are healthy altogether living wicked lifestyles, blashpheming God's name on a routine basis; robbing God of His glory when many Christians are being persecuted, poor and are in bad health.

God shows His mercy to ALL everyday.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
God does have mercy on ALL. Don't the ungodly become filthy rich? the ungodly are famous, they are healthy altogether living wicked lifestyles, blashpheming God's name on a routine basis; robbing God of His glory when many Christians are being persecuted, poor and are in bad health.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:26 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,906,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

So God locked the ungody blasphemers in their own disobedience so He could make them filthy rich?

Old 07-27-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
How do you come up with that ?
From the bible, Jesus is the Saviour of All nationalties of men, but not all men, for He is not the Saviour for the devil and his seed..no mercy for the devil and his seed..

Old 07-27-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
God does have mercy on ALL.
No, not salvation mercy..rom 9:

15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

God is Sovereign and discrimatory as to who He will have mercy on..

Old 07-27-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
No, not salvation mercy..rom 9:

15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

God is Sovereign and discrimatory as to who He will have mercy on..
Who are you to say that God has not bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all ?.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Who are you to say that God has not bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all ?.
All men means all the elect of mankind, not to include the children of the devil..for here is their portion without mercy Matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For you to mishandle scripture and make it say that God will have mercy on all without exception is a violation of Gods Truth..

Old 07-27-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
All men means all the elect of mankind, not to include the children of the devil..for here is their portion without mercy Matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For you to mishandle scripture and make it say that God will have mercy on all without exception is a violation of Gods Truth..
How long will you resist the Truth of God's word and defend the mistranslation of the scriptures to suit your own perverse doctrine ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity