Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 08:42 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,950,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Honestly this saddens me.

Based on this, you think I will be burning in hell, and you are comfortable with that?!?

It's the guilt trip ploy since he gives credit to universalists for saying he thinks that way.

Doesn't sadden me, since he doesn't actually believe such nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 08:46 AM

14,886 posts, read 17,174,505 times
Quote:
Many people today think that the entire subject of the Restoration of All Things as spoken by the prophets is a new doctrine. However, the opposite is true, as a serious study of the sayings of the Historical Church Fathers reveals. If the concept of Restoration seems to be a modern idea, it's only because the understanding of this glorious plan of God is new to our modern minds. Restoration, in fact, is as old as Scripture and is a Truth once taught to and received by the saints of antiquity. The modern church has become blinded to the facts of Restoration as given in the Scriptures, but this is not a blindness shared by the early church. The present-day understanding of Restoration is simply a return to the original truths as given by revelation to the apostles and prophets of old. Gary Amirault
Chapter 15

Quote:

As I have mentioned before, the doctrine of eternal torment is Satan’s lie. It is amazing to me how such a lie could be believed by such a vast majority of people. The only explanation can be is that the “god of this world” has blinded us to the “complete” gospel. In fact, so entrenched is this doctrine in the Church, that you can go up to any pastor, deacon, or “leader”, present them with this truth, and they won’t bat an eye as they tell you that it’s heresy. Most of them won’t pray about it. Most won’t seek the Scriptures. It was Adolph Hitler who said, “Tell a lie long enough, loud enough, and often enough and people will start to believe you.” The problem is Satan has blinded us for so long that we don’t even know that eternal torment might be false. And because “orthodoxy” has been set in stone by the dozens of denominations in the Church, anything that does not line up with our doctrinal statements is automatically considered heresy. Ken?

God bless.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:15 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
I have more peace about hell now than ever before. My experience with universalist, has helped to bring about that peace!

The honest reason is, I fully understand why GOD will cast the souls of universalist into a burning hell. They truely deserve to be there. So now I have far more peace about the fact of hell than ever.
No wonder the religion of christianity is rejected .

I Fully understand as well why Jesus is standing on the outside of the door of christianity .

20Behold, I stand at the door and am knocking; if any one hear my voice and open the door, I will come in unto him and sup with him, and he with me

Old 07-28-2009, 12:32 PM

The Apostle's Creed (no mention of an eternal hell)

Quote:
The portion in Roman type was probably adopted in the earlier part or middle of the Second Century4 and was in Greek; the Italic portion was added later by the Roman Church, and was in Latin:

"I believe in God the Father Almighty (maker of heaven and earth) and it Jesus Christ his only son our Lord, who was (conceived) by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified (dead) and buried, (He descended into hell). The third day he arose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven and sitteth at the right hand of (God) the Father (Almighty). From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Holy (Catholic) Church; (the communion of saints) the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; (and the life everlasting)5. Amen."
Chapter 1 - The Earliest Creeds

Quote:
It will be seen that not a word is here uttered of the duration of punishment. The later form speaks of "aionian life," but does not refer to aionian death, or punishment. It is incredible that this declaration of faith, made at a time when the world was ignorant of what constituted the Christian belief, and which was made for the purpose of informing the world, should not convey a hint of so vital a doctrine as that of endless punishment, if at that time that dogma was a tenet of the church
God bless.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:39 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
I have more peace about hell now than ever before. My experience with universalist, has helped to bring about that peace!

The honest reason is, I fully understand why GOD will cast the souls of universalist into a burning hell. They truely deserve to be there. So now I have far more peace about the fact of hell than ever.
Wow. As a CU I've never been on the receiving end of that kind of comment from another Christian before. I've had Christians who were concerned for me, and even upset and angry with me. But at peace and perfectly content believing that I'll be separated from God for eternity, tormented beyond comprehsion? I'm ... and . Seriously, FHBH, is this a sincere comment or something you're saying for effect? Because if it is the former, I am sorry for you that you could harbor that kind of hate in your heart. And if it's the latter, you might want to rethink if that comment really has the effect and impact for God's Kingdom that you intended for it to have.

I pray God's real peace in Christ Jesus will be with you FHBH.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:59 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Scripture that is plain and straight forward. Imagine that.
Then why do you err in your understanding of scripture ? Lol..There is nothing wrong with the scripture, for it is plain, but its your understanding of the scripture thats the problem..

Old 07-28-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Wow. As a CU I've never been on the receiving end of that kind of comment from another Christian before. I've had Christians who were concerned for me, and even upset and angry with me. But at peace and perfectly content believing that I'll be separated from God for eternity, tormented beyond comprehsion? I'm ... and . Seriously, FHBH, is this a sincere comment or something you're saying for effect? Because if it is the former, I am sorry for you that you could harbor that kind of hate in your heart. And if it's the latter, you might want to rethink if that comment really has the effect and impact for God's Kingdom that you intended for it to have.

I pray God's real peace in Christ Jesus will be with you FHBH.
Agree, Pleroo. God bless.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:10 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:

That is really sad ... Jesus said love your enemies and here you are wishing/hoping/desiring Followers of Christ who believe in universal reconciliation(including most of the early church during the first four hundred years AD along with various church fathers) to suffer eternal torture. This is what i have come to understand the spirit of fundamental christianity to be. A religion of hate and spiritual violence.

Jesus Died for his enemies asked God to forgive the very people who had him murdered, the believers of the traditional religion which claims to be Christian however desires the eternal torture of even their neighbors.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:16 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,346 times
Quote:
Jesus Died for his enemies
He died for His church, which was at enmity with Him by nature, but He didnt die for Gods enemies, the seed of the serpent..

Old 07-28-2009, 08:21 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
He died for His church, which was at enmity with Him by nature, but He didnt die for Gods enemies, the seed of the serpent..
Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. (Luke 23:34)

He was talking about the people who had him killed. The pharisees even. The Sanhedrin. The people he called children of the devil, and children of hell. That is who had him killed, not the church.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-28-2009 at 08:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity