Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 11:05 PM

193 posts, read 289,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Some of the elect, were guilty of killing christ..those Jesus prayed for, but for the non elect who were guilty, there is no forgiveness..
1 John 2:2 (King James Version)

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 3:16 (King James Version)

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Luke 23:34 (King James Version)

34Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
1 John 2:2 (King James Version)

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 3:16 (King James Version)

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Luke 23:34 (King James Version)

34Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Jesus christ died only for His elect, not the children of the devil..for the devil nor His children had a interest in Jesus christ blood..

Old 07-28-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Ooooh duh! john 3:16 For GOD so LOVED the World (Mankind)
Some of Mankind..His own in the world Jn 13:

1Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You are wrong ... The bible does not say that. Who of the elect does the bible say killed Jesus? What Christian Killed Jesus? Are you talking about Judas? Who was the son of perdition? I agree he was one of the men who murdered Jesus. But Jesus said "them", not "him". He asked God to forgive them all in general. He didn't specify anyone in particular other than those who murdered him. You are adding to Gods word. You shouldn't do that. Everyone who has read the bible knows that what you said above isn't true. Your not fooling anybody.

Yes Jesus did not pray for all of humanity, but only some Jn 17:

9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:26 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Yes Jesus did not pray for all of humanity, but only some Jn 17:

9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
What does that have to do with anything? We know that the elect have a special place in Gods plan ... We are the bride of Christ. He prayed for his disciples that God would keep them safe while in the world. That does not change the fact that Christ asked God to forgive the people who murdered him.

1 timothy 4:10
God is the savior of all men, especially those that believe.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 AM

320 posts, read 449,327 times
Quote:
Some of Mankind..His own in the world Jn 13:

1Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
You are truly lost my friend, Jesus was speaking of those close to him (His own) and who loved him! Jesus Loves even our Athiest brothers with the same Kind of Love! remember theirs no favour with God, all mankind recieves his mercy, love and peace.

Maybe with so many people trying to point out to you that GODS Love Is for all mankind! Is impossible for you to grasp! Maybe "God" has been pounding on the door of your heart, and it's got a little hard perhaps, but you refuse to open up to him!

Oh well! Each to his own!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:40 AM

229 posts, read 332,136 times
Default The masked slipped, unwittingly perhaps????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
I have more peace about hell now than ever before. My experience with universalist, has helped to bring about that peace!

The honest reason is, I fully understand why GOD will cast the souls of universalist into a burning hell. They truely deserve to be there. So now I have far more peace about the fact of hell than ever.
SOOO, the gauntlet is finally well and truly let down, what's wrong did you forget your mask, you know the disguise that's usually sugarcoated to look something like this (God loves everyone so much that he gave everyone freewill,so that if they don't choose Christ, he will be forced to lovingly cast them into hell, in order to honor their decision)

Don't worry I saw behind the masks that people such as yourself wear a while ago, so it's not such a shock to me to have someone finally come out and honestly ADMIT how they really feel. Eventually the wolf in sheeps clothing will reveal itself somehow

It's crystal clear from your response that you don't desire all men to be saved, however I wouldn't wish on you, or anyone for that matter what you posted

I DO desire that all men will be saved, believe me when I say that I also went through a time when I thought it was wrong to think that way, however I'm unable to change it, trust me when I say I did'nt always feel that way, I was'nt too fussed one way or another, so long as I was saved, thats all that mattered to me, but the salvation of others has become so important to me in a way I never thought possible.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:36 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
I DO desire that all men will be saved, believe me when I say that I also went through a time when I thought it was wrong to think that way, however I'm unable to change it, trust me when I say I did'nt always feel that way, I was'nt too fussed one way or another, so long as I was saved, thats all that mattered to me, but the salvation of others has become so important to me in a way I never thought possible
Thank you for sharing, Alison. God bless.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Default Soften my heart Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post

I DO desire that all men will be saved, believe me when I say that I also went through a time when I thought it was wrong to think that way, however I'm unable to change it, trust me when I say I did'nt always feel that way, I was'nt too fussed one way or another, so long as I was saved, thats all that mattered to me, but the salvation of others has become so important to me in a way I never thought possible.
My desire for the lost to be saved completely changed when the Lord revealed to me how He saw them, lost and without a shepherd. How can you go and beat a man over the head about his sin and the judgement to come when he's lost?.

Soften my heart, Lord
Soften my heart
From all indifference
Set me apart
To feel Your compassion
To weep with Your tears
Come soften my heart, O Lord
Soften my heart

Soften My Heart, Lord - Graham Kendrick - Christian Music, Christian Lyrics, Praise & Worship Lyrics, Midi Songs, Higher Praise Lyrics

Old 07-29-2009, 03:21 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
My desire for the lost to be saved completely changed when the Lord revealed to me how He saw them, lost and without a shepherd. How can you go and beat a man over the head about his sin and the judgement to come when he's lost?.

Soften my heart, Lord
Soften my heart
From all indifference
Set me apart
To feel Your compassion
To weep with Your tears
Come soften my heart, O Lord
Soften my heart

Soften My Heart, Lord - Graham Kendrick - Christian Music, Christian Lyrics, Praise & Worship Lyrics, Midi Songs, Higher Praise Lyrics

That is funny, the same thing happened to me. It wasn't fear for my own soul ... I have experienced Christ in my life all along. It was after my brother died. I never accepted the idea that he killed himself, especially considering how he was found(I wont go in to that here). I knew he had gotten mixed up in a bad group of people. He told me the day before he died that he was going to leave his wife because he found out she had been cheating on him. Suffice it to say i had reason to believe something else transpired. For the longest time i couldn't get it out of my head. So i decided to follow his footsteps into the places he had gone. I rebelled in many ways at that time as well against my convictions mainly because my whole moral compass and paradigm had just been shot full of holes. I thought if i played stupid and just did what everyone else did i would get to the bottom of what happened to my brother. I moved into the neighborhood where i knew i would run into his old friends and get involved in their lives and lifestyles until they accepted me as one of their own and eventually i would be able to revenge my brother somehow. I know, completely irrational thoughts but what can i say i wasn't playing with a full deck for a while there. It is funny but even in that decade of darkness i always felt God near. I tried as hard as i could to run away from him, but he was always there and i could't bring myself to deny him completely in my life. Everyone around me noticed his presence too. I was never fully accepted as one of the crew, I know now because of his presence. I got to the point that i looked around one day, realized how messed up my life had gotten, and in contrast realized how much these poor lost souls all around me where so deceived into believing that their bondage to sin was some how liberty. I realized how weak and afraid and full of bad emotions and how no matter what happened in these peoples lives, nothing was ever enough. I realized there was really no way i could make their lives any worse, it seemed to me then and still does now that they were already condemned and in their own personal hells. I realized they had never had the benefit of Knowing God the way that i had all my life. Their idea of love is sexual satisfaction and emotional and psychological codependency. I also realized how much i had come to love them as human beings and even to some extent as comrades in suffering. It was only after that experience that i finally began to truly question the idea of eternal torture and hell. I had already long ago accepted in my heart that you didn't have to be Christian in this life to be forgiven by God. But is still held on to the concept as far as real "sinners" are concerned. Only after that time in my life did I come to fully appreciate the level of deception some people are under. In and outside of the church. Thats when the spirit led me to this truth of the Gospel. That in the end all will come to a knowledge of the truth in full. And that God will reconcile all things to himself through Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity