Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 03:43 PM

134 posts, read 169,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Is it a Godly thought when you desire All men to be saved?
Yes, Absolutely! If this is what God has given you, Run with it!

Quote:
Or should we just be content with just thinking that with what the church teaches, that only a few shall be saved ?
Hell, No! I’d be very leery of any Orthodox Dogma.

In His Love, John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:30 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
What does that have to do with anything? We know that the elect have a special place in Gods plan ... We are the bride of Christ. He prayed for his disciples that God would keep them safe while in the world. That does not change the fact that Christ asked God to forgive the people who murdered him.

1 timothy 4:10
God is the savior of all men, especially those that believe.
God is not the Saviour of them who are going to the lake of fire like these to be punished everlastinly..matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

No Saviour for those !

Old 07-30-2009, 04:34 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
You are truly lost my friend, Jesus was speaking of those close to him (His own) and who loved him! Jesus Loves even our Athiest brothers with the same Kind of Love! remember theirs no favour with God, all mankind recieves his mercy, love and peace.

Maybe with so many people trying to point out to you that GODS Love Is for all mankind! Is impossible for you to grasp! Maybe "God" has been pounding on the door of your heart, and it's got a little hard perhaps, but you refuse to open up to him!

Oh well! Each to his own!
Gods Love is for His Own amongst mankind..Jn 13:

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

He doesnt Love the workers of iniquity, the seed of the devil ps 5:

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Neither did He pray for all mankind for their spiritual good, conversion and salvation..Jn 17:

9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:17 AM

6 posts, read 16,277 times
I hope this isn't your most serious life problem.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:33 AM

229 posts, read 332,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer58 View Post
I hope this isn't your most serious life problem.
Am not too sure who you are addressing this to, but I will answer it nonetheless

Believe it or not, this has actually HAS become my most serious life problem, and trust and believe me when I say I have many, not least of which is severe GAD and depression

Something like this would never have worried me 2 years ago, it took me completely by surprise at the beginning of last year and occupies most of my free time and thoughts, it's like an unstoppable freight train out of control, the only time I get any rest from it is when I'm asleep, even then it's come to haunt me in my dreams

Please don't laugh at me, it may sound funny, but I can promise you the last year and a half has been the worst of my entire life, going thru something like this is a nightmare, I'm sure there are others that have been thru it as well, that can testify to this fact

Old 07-30-2009, 06:27 AM

14,886 posts, read 17,170,876 times
Testimonies about the effect of the teaching of eternal torment.

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/hells_fruit.html

God bless.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
the god of the christian religion is a terrorist . If this doesn't help make your mind up to reject it and it's teachings , what will ?

Old 07-30-2009, 01:50 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post
Am not too sure who you are addressing this to, but I will answer it nonetheless

Believe it or not, this has actually HAS become my most serious life problem, and trust and believe me when I say I have many, not least of which is severe GAD and depression

Something like this would never have worried me 2 years ago, it took me completely by surprise at the beginning of last year and occupies most of my free time and thoughts, it's like an unstoppable freight train out of control, the only time I get any rest from it is when I'm asleep, even then it's come to haunt me in my dreams

Please don't laugh at me, it may sound funny, but I can promise you the last year and a half has been the worst of my entire life, going thru something like this is a nightmare, I'm sure there are others that have been thru it as well, that can testify to this fact
Why are you suffering? Be of Good cheer! IF God is with us who can be against us? The spirit of Christ is not a spirit of fear, though many of these people would like you to believe that. The spirit of Christ is not a spirit of condemnation. Christs spirit is THE spirit of reconciliation. All creation will bow to him and worship him and sing his name when all is said and done. Be of Good cheer!

Old 07-30-2009, 01:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Why are you suffering? Be of Good cheer! IF God is with us who can be against us? the spirit of Christ is not a spirit of fear, though most of these people would like you to believe that. The spirit of Christ is not a spirit of condemnation, Christs spirit is THE spirit of reconciliation. All creation will bow to him and worship him and sing his name when al is said and done. Be of Good cheer!
Amen Ironmaw

Old 07-30-2009, 01:53 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
the god of the christian religion is a terrorist . If this doesn't help make your mind up to reject it and it's teachings , what will ?
Dont forget to qualify that statement! The fundamental and orthodox Christian religion! Early Christianity was not an institution. It only became institutionalized when it became the state religion of Rome. Now all protestant faiths are more or less the bastard children of the Roman Catholic Institution, and it shows. Chips off the old block you might say ... The Roman Catholic Church was among the first of many terrorist organizations.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity