Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:26 AM

794 posts, read 846,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I will finally draw myself back from the quarrels here about that subject, but these verses alone say everything according to my opinion:

1 Timothy 4:10

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

1 Corinthians 15:22

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
The key word in 1 Corinthians 15:22 is "made." This word implies that it happens on the grounds of something else or by someone else. Since salvation is blood bought by Jesus, that is our grounds to being made alive. When a person is born again, they are made alive. A person cannot be born again until they hear the good news of Jesus. In 1 Timothy 4:10, nowhere does it say God saved all men. It is simply saying that God provided the grounds for all people to be saved. Today if everyone in the world heard about Jesus and told God they believe in Jesus and His finished work, you would have 7 billion people saved in one day. But how can this happen? Because God provided the grounds which is Jesus. If God did not send Jesus to die for our sins then God is not the savior of all men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 07:30 PM

123 posts, read 166,503 times
If ALL will be saved, then why did Jesus tell us to go into every nation with the Gospel?

Old 07-10-2013, 07:37 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnNative View Post
If ALL will be saved, then why did Jesus tell us to go into every nation with the Gospel?
Because they all did not know the Good News and they were not sanctified through "love of God and each other" as He told His disciples to be.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:43 PM

796 posts, read 858,761 times
Quote:
Well of course to the honest Christian it is because not all will be saved. Jesus never taught this nor does the bible indicate it. In fact to make that claim is to call Jesus a liar. So unerversalist reject Jesus Christ and attack God with their false religion. They are simply deceived and blinded and we must show them the light. It is up to them to reject satan whom has then ensnared and accept the free gift of Jesus Christ.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
Well of course to the honest Christian it is because not all will be saved. Jesus never taught this nor does the bible indicate it. In fact to make that claim is to call Jesus a liar. So unerversalist reject Jesus Christ and attack God with their false religion. They are simply deceived and blinded and we must show them the light. It is up to them to reject satan whom has then ensnared and accept the free gift of Jesus Christ.
Where are you getting that universalists reject Jesus Christ ?, on the basis they do not accept what you believe about the bible?. All universalist I know believe and accept Jesus Christ is the Savior.

The unervesalsts you mentioned I have no idea what they believe.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:37 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
Quote:
that is the Gospel, that all will be saved. please don't think that there will not be harsh judgements. it is not going to be as if hitler will wake up in a daisy field just hanging out. there will be judgements!. some will be more tolerable than others.
more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city

But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.Luk 10:12But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.Luk 10:14But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
So, essentially you are saying, "why learn to live in love in this life if you will eventually have to learn it anyway?" There is no value in Christian living?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 AM

987 posts, read 1,119,212 times
Why take the gospel to the people? Maybe so they can stop living in condemnation of others and themselves? Maybe so that they can rejoice in every day, that their sins are forgiven, that they are loved by the Creator, who even is identified as their FATHER? not just some judge who watches every move they make to see if they live up to a certain standard, maybe so they can begin to love as Christ loved and can see past the outer facade of confidence and superiority and begin to love each other because God loves us and loved us EVEN WHEN WE WERE SINNERS, so that at least some in this world, through that gospel, might live in joy even when the waves are threatening? Right, why tell them that if SOME DAY, they will be happy knowing all that. Maybe it will lift burdens an sorrow to know that their son or daughter or parents who died without knowing Jesus or the God of mercy and forgiveness, as well as righteous and corrective judgment, is not going to send their loved ones to everlasting flames and torture. Maybe that might be worth telling the gospel to the world even if most will not and can not believe at this time because unlike Lydia, or Paul, or Cornelius, God has not yet opened their spiritual eyes. Yep because the local fireman saved all the tenants of a burning building it was not necessary for him to have gone into the building. oy vey

Old 07-11-2013, 12:42 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where are you getting that universalists reject Jesus Christ ?, on the basis they do not accept what you believe about the bible?. All universalist I know believe and accept Jesus Christ is the Savior.

Think back to when you told me you would not worship a God that torments anyone. That's the idea behind his statement.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:50 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Think back to when you told me you would not worship a God that torments anyone. That's the idea behind his statement.
Until you stop confusing our ignorant ancestors' beliefs about Jehovah in the OT with Christ's revelations about the TRUE NATURE of God our Father . . . you will misunderstand what is being rejected. It is NOT God or Jesus. Reaping what we sow does NOT mean eternal torment, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity