Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2010, 10:09 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,774,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't find it damaging at all. On the contrary, God gives me peace

Are you saying my mind is damaged? How would you know?
If you are at peace about what yuo believe which is that most of humanity will be tortured for eternity, then there is obviously something wrong, regardless if you admit it or not ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-30-2010 at 10:28 AM..

Old 10-30-2010, 10:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
If you are a t peace about what yo believe which is that most of humanity will be tortured for eternity, then there is obviously something wrong, regardless if you admit it or not ...
That would only mean that there is something wrong with peace of God, and I don't agree that there is. I am also at peace with the fact that I will one day die, and that is could be painful. Facts of life do not go away by denial.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:31 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,774,543 times
Quote:
That would only mean that there is something wrong with peace of God, and I don't agree that there is. I am also at peace with the fact that I will one day die, and that is could be painful. Facts of life do not go away by denial.
Not necessarily ...

If you had a child and you knew that child were being tortured, and you were at peace with that, there would be something wrong with you.

OR your mother, or your father, or your brother, or your sister ...

If you claim to truly love your neighbors as yourself, and if you claim to truly love your enemies, yet you are at peace with the idea of them being tortured for ever, then there is something wrong ...

Maybe your conscience is seared?

Old 10-30-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
If you had a child and you knew that child were being tortured, and you were at peace with that, there would be something wrong with you.

Maybe your conscience is seared?
If you say so, but let's leave the judgment to God, shall we? Thanks.

All we can do is pray that people will turn to God, and won't have to face the consequence of dieing in unbelief. Again, denying facts of life will not make them go away. I will die. That is a fact. Do I like the idea of it? No, but I am at peace with it, and it is not something I can change.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Finn, since you are so impressed with facts.

Of course there is nothing wrong with the peace of God.
But you don't get that peace by believing in ET.
You get that peace by trusting in Jesus as your Savior, just as we URs do.
No one said you get peace by believeing in ET. I don't know anyone who has faith in ET. ET is the consequence of dieing in sin, and ET can't save anyone, and no one has ever said it could. People have faith in Christ. I said Christ gave me peace, so don't try to twist it as if I said ET gave me peace. Trying to defend you faith by attacking the faith of others is a load of UR nonesense.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
"has faith in" means "believe in ET" and that is what you do
I said Christ gave me peace, so don't try to twist it as if I said ET gave me peace.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Does not the above quote by you infer that believing in ET gives you peace?
Read my words very carefully. This is what I said "God gives me peace". Period. Quit twisting my words, and quit claiming I said something I did not say.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Does not the above quote by you infer that believing in ET gives you peace?
No. How do you get to that conclusion??? I already showed you what I said word for word, so why do you continue with your nonsense? God gave me peace about all matters. Comprende?

Police force gives people a degree of peace. Police catch criminals and they are judged by the courts and are sent to prisons. Does this mean the prison gives people a degree of peace? No, the presence of police force gives them a degree of peace.

Is this difficult to understand? When I showed you my own words, why do you continue to act as if you didn't see them?

Old 10-30-2010, 11:40 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,412,654 times
Quote:
why do you continue to act as if you didn't see them?
What I do see is that you believe that the doctrine of ET is true.
But according to a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible, the doctrine of ET is false.
That's a fact.

Here is the proof.

A great sixteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.

Highly Recommended!
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World

THERE IS NO GREATER EVIL THAN THE DOCTRINE OF ETERNAL TORMENT
THAT'S A "FACT"

Last edited by rodgertutt; 10-30-2010 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 10-30-2010, 03:21 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,042,249 times
Quote:
No. How do you get to that conclusion??? I already showed you what I said word for word, so why do you continue with your nonsense? God gave me peace about all matters. Comprende?

Police force gives people a degree of peace. Police catch criminals and they are judged by the courts and are sent to prisons. Does this mean the prison gives people a degree of peace? No, the presence of police force gives them a degree of peace.

Is this difficult to understand? When I showed you my own words, why do you continue to act as if you didn't see them?
Hi Finn_Jarber, a few questions for you (they are easy Y or N questions):

1.) Do you believe that we are all carnal before we are Spiritual?

2.) Do you believe that those that are carnal can obey God or would even like God?

3.) Do you believe that those that are carnal can be saved?

4.) Do you believe they can be saved by their own works?

5.) Do you believe that someones own works can cause them to be unsaved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.