Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:23 PM

193 posts, read 289,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Yes, one in purpose, but each separate beings as are you and I.

You and I could cooperate fully and think alike to accomplish the same task/mission. In that manner we could say that we are "one" without having to come up with some incomprehensible magical way to cram ourselves into the same body.
I would rather just stick to scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 09:25 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
I would rather just stick to scripture.
That's what I am doing but as you know there are many ways people interpret those verses of the bible. If it wasn't so there wouldn't be 10,000 or so Christian denominations.

(I just checked and wiki reports that there are at least 38,000 Christian denominations.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._denominations

Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,973 times
Quote:
Yes, one in purpose, but each separate beings as are you and I.

You and I could cooperate fully and think alike to accomplish the same task/mission. In that manner we could say that we are "one" without having to come up with some incomprehensible magical way to cram ourselves into the same body.
I agree. This makes sense.
Why would Jesus pray to himself?

Old 09-12-2009, 11:00 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No it's called the Trinity, Jesus is God.

That is who God is.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The trinity is doctrine.

then 3 persons equal 3 gods.

No where in the bible does Jesus refer to himself as God.

Everywhere in the bible is God referred to as the only true God.

Then you don't believe the Bible

Old 09-12-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
That's what I am doing but as you know there are many ways people interpret those verses of the bible. If it wasn't so there wouldn't be 10,000 or so Christian denominations.

(I just checked and wiki reports that there are at least 38,000 Christian denominations.)

List of Christian denominations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That is a stupid list. Many of those do not teach Biblical doctrine. Two of the historical teachings that seperated the Christian Church and cults have been the doctrine of the trinity and the incarnation of Jesus.

I find this very amuzing....You object to all the "christian" denominations, but have no trouble about LDS teaching about "That God was once a man and we can become like him...a god". Eventually hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of gods with their own planet....just a matter of worthiness, right?

Last edited by twin.spin; 09-12-2009 at 11:34 PM..

Old 09-13-2009, 01:45 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Then you don't believe the Bible
I said you are saying there are 3 gods and that Jesus never referred to himself as God...
Can you refute that? or are you just sticking with your doctrine?

Old 09-13-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I said you are saying there are 3 gods and that Jesus never referred to himself as God...
Can you refute that? or are you just sticking with your doctrine?
I never said there was three gods. What I said was those who come to the conclusion (denying the trinity) do so in part because if it doesn't fit into human reason or comprehension, the conclusion must be its not true.... which is not to believe God's Word.

Sure I could show where Jesus refers himself to be God, I could show were other prophets\disciples call Jesus God. However if Jesus himself couldn't persuade those who refused to believe, you're expecting that I can?

Old 09-13-2009, 08:37 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That is a stupid list. Many of those do not teach Biblical doctrine. Two of the historical teachings that seperated the Christian Church and cults have been the doctrine of the trinity and the incarnation of Jesus...
I think all Christians believe in the incarnation of Jesus don't you think? Why would they call themselves "Christian" if they did not believe in the mission of Jesus Christ to atone for the sins of all mankind?

The "trinity" doctrine originated in the 4th and 5th century Nicene councils. As I understand it, groups of disputing scholars and church leaders under strict orders from the state to get their act together argued and eventually came up with consensus conclusions about the nature of God. Those conclusions were so confusing that they had to invent the excuse that they were "incomprehensible" and miraculous.

The Lord and his apostles never taught the unbiblical trinity doctrine. It's unfortunate in my opinion that so many church leaders today demand that their members bow down to the Nicene scholars.

If, as you say, you have to believe the trinity doctrine to be a Christian, then Jesus Christ, his apostles, and the early members of the Lord's church were not Christians because the trinity doctrine wasn't invented until 400 or so years later!

Old 09-13-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I think all Christians believe in the incarnation of Jesus don't you think? Why would they call themselves "Christian" if they did not believe in the mission of Jesus Christ to atone for the sins of all mankind?

The "trinity" doctrine originated in the 4th and 5th century Nicene councils. As I understand it, groups of disputing scholars and church leaders under strict orders from the state to get their act together argued and eventually came up with consensus conclusions about the nature of God. Those conclusions were so confusing that they had to invent the excuse that they were "incomprehensible" and miraculous.

The Lord and his apostles never taught the unbiblical trinity doctrine. It's unfortunate in my opinion that so many church leaders today demand that their members bow down to the Nicene scholars.

If, as you say, you have to believe the trinity doctrine to be a Christian, then Jesus Christ, his apostles, and the early members of the Lord's church were not Christians because the trinity doctrine wasn't invented until 400 or so years later!
Factually speaking the Nicene councils didn't invent anything, they were making their "testimony" against false teaching and their teachers. Jesus claimed to be God, did things only God can do, the prophets prophesied that he was God, the disciples claimed him to be God.
Unbelief says otherwise.

I think all Christians believe in the incarnation of Jesus don't you think?
No I don't. that is because that would fullfill the prophecy of the prophet Isaiah and the gospels of the disciple Matthew and John

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-15-2009 at 01:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity