Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 10:45 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,379,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Did anybody "ask a Mormon"?
Quote:

The plan............Paul prophesied about "the plan"

Galations 1:8-9
"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!"
That scripture that you quote could of course just as logically apply to your own beliefs. It seems from your earlier post that you have condemned to hell in your own mind millions of Christians who believe in Jesus Christ at least as much as you do but have some beliefs that are different than yours.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matthew 7: 1-2
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/matt/7/1-2#1

"Behold what the scripture says—man shall not smite, neither shall he judge; for judgment is mine, saith the Lord, and vengeance is mine also, and I will repay." Mormon 8: 20
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/morm/8/20#20

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:" Luke 6: 37
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/luke/6/37#37

"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Matthew 6: 14-15
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/matt/6/14-15#14
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 11:33 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
That scripture that you quote could of course just as logically apply to your own beliefs.

I know what you're trying to say here....since I have spoke to many a Mormon. That's why I don't accept your offer to go to a Mormon thread ... I don't into rabbit holes.

Quote:
It seems from your earlier post that you have condemned to hell in your own mind millions of Christians who believe in Jesus Christ at least as much as you do but have some beliefs that are different than yours.

First, if Mormons are part of "Christians" in your post, I wasn't including the Mormons. Knowing the clever marketing of Mormonism, most of the naive\spirituall Christians don't know that Mormonism hasn't considered themself Christian ..(but I do) when it teaches: that Jesus and Satan are brothers and Heavenly Father choose Jesus' plan over Satan's plan...Satan's being by faith alone.

"One of the most fallacious doctrines originated by Satan and propounded by man is that man is saved alone by the grace of God;
that belief in Jesus Christ alone is all that is needed for salvation"
Spencer Kimblequoted from Book of Mormon Student Manual

Getting back to the million of Christians I think you were refering to...

If God isn't triune and Jesus is the Godman who he claimed to be they don't believe in the same Jesus , even though they're sincere. Sincerity has no weight to it if its held incorrectly. Belief in anything other than the Triune God and Jesus as God is to believe in a false god...no different than believing in Budda, Baal, Zeus, Allah, or........... becoming a god of your own planet.

If you want true forgiveness that God offers, it is very useless to use lds scriptures. I would invite anyone to go to (no affiliation) markcares.wordpress.com/ or www.truthinlovetomormons.com.

Those are no more anti-mormon links than as justamere10 links to anti-christian

Last edited by twin.spin; 09-14-2009 at 11:51 AM..

Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
If God isn't triune and Jesus is the Godman who he claimed to be they don't believe in the same Jesus , even though they're sincere. Sincerity has no weight to it if its held incorrectly. Belief in anything other than the Triune God and Jesus as God is to believe in a false god...no different than believing in Budda, Baal, Zeus, Allah, or........... becoming a god of your own planet.
You are obviously a valiant defender of your beliefs, but when it comes to the trinity doctrine you would be wise to not be so hasty with your judgment and condemnation of the beliefs of others.

The trinity doctrine is such a hot topic among Christians of all denominations that on just one board that I am aware of a thread titled "Should you Believe in the Trinity?" attracted more than 24,500 messages and 514,000 views!

[mod]no linking to competitive sites [mod/mod]

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-14-2009 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: removed link

Old 09-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Your message once again demonstrates your unChristian judgment of and intolerance for others who have religious beliefs that differ from some of yours. There are many other Christians who do not cling to the 4th century "trinity" doctrine, not just Latter-day Saints. You in your own mind have judged them all and condemned them all to hell.

How do you reconcile your attitude with the verses I quoted above about not judging others?
I reconcile my attitude knowing that we very much commanded to judge someone who proclaims he is speaking for God or for that matter having a revelation. We judge it on the basis of the truth of the Bible..not our facination with personages.

Since the charge that I shouldn't speak about Mormon teaching because I'm not a Mormon, (and many are unaware of this defense towards me) and I'm not sure if (as one Mormon who phrased it to me) you're using "heavenly deception", I need to ask..

do you mean "hell" as in the lowest level of heaven in the progression toward godhood as Mormonism teaches (you know...Telestial, Terrestial, Celestial [and within Celestial..three more levels, Ministering Spirits, Middle Kingdom, Exaltation]...)
......or ....
"hell" as you would have it to mean "outer darkness"?...As God's Word the Bible and Christianity's define it?

About this being accusing me judging somebody..... you should know I suppose.
I don't subscribe to someone having to prove themself worthy or not to progress toward godhood.

Last edited by twin.spin; 09-14-2009 at 04:07 PM..

Old 09-14-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I reconcile my attitude knowing that we very much commanded to judge someone who proclaims he is speaking for God or for that matter having a revelation. We judge it on the basis of the truth of the Bible..not our facination with personages.

Since the charge that I shouldn't speak about Mormon teaching because I'm not a Mormon, (and many are unaware of this defense towards me) and I'm not sure if (as one Mormon who phrased it to me) you're using "heavenly deception", I need to ask..

do you mean "hell" as in the lowest level of heaven in the progression toward godhood as Mormonism teaches (you know...Telestial, Terrestial, Celestial [and within Celestial..three more levels, Ministering Spirits, Middle Kingdom, Exaltation]...)
......or ....
"hell" as you would have it to mean "outer darkness"?...As God's Word the Bible and Christianity's define it?

About this being accusing me judging somebody..... you should know I suppose.
I don't subscribe to someone having to prove themself worthy or not to progress toward godhood.
I was of course referring to your post #47 in which you state that you are judging and condemning to hell those Christians who do not believe all the things you do.

Please quote the scripture that says that you are: "very much commanded to judge someone who proclaims he is speaking for God or for that matter having a revelation."

Are you judging even Jesus Christ and his apostles, and those who wrote the books of the bible whom everyone knows spoke for God and did receive revelations? Or is your 'command' just applicable to the Latter-day Saints whose beliefs you appear to be terrified of?

You are the one who stated that you believed those who do not believe in the 4th century trinity doctrine are headed for "hell". You explain what you meant by that word!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I was of course referring to your post #47 in which you state that you are judging and condemning to hell those Christians who do not believe all the things you do.
You seem to have a hard time understanding that those who do not believe that God is triune and that Jesus is God and those who do not believe in "faith..not works" can call themselves "christian" all they want...they do not believe in the God of the Bible. I'm not condemning Christians, God condemns the unbeliever.

Quote:
Please quote the scripture that says that you are: "very much commanded to judge someone who proclaims he is speaking for God or for that matter having a revelation."
John 20:21-23
Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." 22And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

How about that...Jesus names the 3rd person of the Trinity while saying a command that requires to judge.

Quote:
Are you judging even Jesus Christ and his apostles, and those who wrote the books of the bible whom everyone knows spoke for God and did receive revelations? Or is your 'command' just applicable to the Latter-day Saints whose beliefs you appear to be terrified of?
Believe me..I'm not afraid of LDS beliefs....you should. "Be perfect" isn't a goal or a suggestion....why don't you take Heavenly Father seriously?

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Quote:
You are the one who stated that you believed those who do not believe in the 4th century trinity doctrine are headed for "hell". You explain what you meant by that word!
... Me explain? Where in the Bible did hell ever exist in the lower level of heaven...If I didn't know that and exposed that, would you have?

Old 09-14-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
1. You seem to have a hard time understanding that those who do not believe that God is triune and that Jesus is God and those who do not believe in "faith..not works" can call themselves "christian" all they want...they do not believe in the God of the Bible. I'm not condemning Christians, God condemns the unbeliever.

2. John 20:21-23
Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." 22And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." How about that...Jesus names the 3rd person of the Trinity while saying a command that requires to judge.

3. Believe me..I'm not afraid of LDS beliefs....you should. "Be perfect" isn't a goal or a suggestion....why don't you take Heavenly Father seriously?

4. Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

5. ... Me explain? Where in the Bible did hell ever exist in the lower level of heaven...If I didn't know that and exposed that, would you have?
1. Is it your belief that you understand everything that is written in the books of the bible the same way the authors understood?

The trinity doctrine that you judge others by is not to be found in the bible. It was invented at the Nicene councils towards the end of the 4th century. Like quite a few others you seem to think that only you are capable of interpreting the books of the bible correctly and that everyone else who doesn't share your ideas are not Christians or are headed for hell. That may appeal to your pride, but it's not a logical position to take in my opinion.

2. You omit the context of that verse. Jesus was addressing his apostles.

3. Do you believe that you are perfect?

4. Again, you quote a scripture as if it did not apply to your beliefs as well as the beliefs of others. Logically that scripture could apply to you too.

5. Again, you attempt to get into a discussion about LDS beliefs but refuse to do that in the appropriate "Ask a Mormon" thread. But just to humor you, Mormons do not teach that hell exists "in the lower level of heaven." You have only "exposed" your own ignorance of our beliefs.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:46 PM

124 posts, read 334,048 times
Quote:
1. Is it your belief that you understand everything that is written in the books of the bible the same way the authors understood?

The trinity doctrine that you judge others by is not to be found in the bible. It was invented at the Nicene councils towards the end of the 4th century. Like quite a few others you seem to think that only you are capable of interpreting the books of the bible correctly and that everyone else who doesn't share your ideas are not Christians or are headed for hell. That may appeal to your pride, but it's not a logical position to take in my opinion.

2. You omit the context of that verse. Jesus was addressing his apostles.

4. Again, you quote a scripture as if it did not apply to your beliefs as well as the beliefs of others. Logically that scripture could apply to you too.

5. Again, you attempt to get into a discussion about LDS beliefs but refuse to do that in the appropriate "Ask a Mormon" thread. But just to humor you, Mormons do not teach that hell exists "in the lower level of heaven." You have only "exposed" your own ignorance of our beliefs.

I have to agree. I looked up and down for proof of a trinity. I could find nothing. It honestly does not make sense. 1 is 3 or 3 is 1....? I find a "god" in the bible and a "son"....2 not 3 or 1. The holy spirit it seems IS god (the father)...I just don't get it.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
I have to agree. I looked up and down for proof of a trinity. I could find nothing. It honestly does not make sense. 1 is 3 or 3 is 1....? I find a "god" in the bible and a "son"....2 not 3 or 1. The holy spirit it seems IS god (the father)...I just don't get it.
With respect for the right of others to believe as they will, and commenting with a light-hearted intention, you're not expected to get it, it's an incomprehensible miracle!

"There is but one only living and true God, who is infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions, immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible....." (Extract from Westminster Confession of Faith)

If God is incomprehensible why would you even try to get to know Him?

Old 09-15-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Finally! Hooray!!
I'm just going to answer this one...

Before I do, Please everyone, this is intended for those who trying to become perfect in the Mormon faith.......

Yes, I am.
Hebrews 10:14
because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Christians have true "no strings" forgiveness and perfection .....and you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity