Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
post 613 and 609 seem to be a lot alike.

This must be an error because when we logged onto this site we agreed not to post the same thing like that
Post 609 and 613 don't look the same to me.

You are obviously able to love an endless-hell god. I can't.

So it is my great pleasure to guide other people who can't love an endless-hell god to evidence that demontrates that the Bible does not teach such a god.
UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY
Universal Salvation University

Old 10-15-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I dont really go to other links, until I know where they are from....

So, can you name me one Christian church that believes as you do?

If you can, well then I will love to hear what your links got to say.

But if you cant name any church that believes as you do?...then you are a Cult Of One.....

Lucky you......

So lets find out.
Name me a Christian church that believes as you do?
THE WRITINGS OF DOZENS OF TEACHERS OF CHRISTIAN BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM

GOD’S TRUTH FOR TODAY LIBRARY
God's Truth For Today! - Author Index (http://www.gtft.org/Library/index1.html - broken link)

Well known Christian church leaders who believed and taught Biblical universalism down through the centuries.
Including a separate list of famous people embracing Christian universalism.
Christian Universalism: Universalist Thought Through Church History

also see
http://hopebeyondhell.net/history.php
and
TRUE GRACE MINISTRIES
CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALIST ARTICLES
Christian Universalism Articles by Title

Old 10-15-2009, 09:01 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
THE WRITINGS OF DOZENS OF TEACHERS OF CHRISTIAN BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM
Ah yes, good old "universalism"...

Never mind then.....

Old 10-15-2009, 09:12 AM

Default What the Christians closest to the time of Jesus believed

Quote:
Ah yes, good old "universalism"...

Never mind then.....
But I do mind, A LOT!!

WHAT THE CRISTIANS CLOSEST TO THE TIME OF JESUS BELIEVED

For the first 500 years after Christ, universalism was the prevailing doctrine believed and taught by the Christian church.
These online books also explain why and how this changed.
Universalism, the Prevailing Doctrine of the Christian Church During its First Five Hundred Years
The Salvation Conspiracy: How Hell Became Eternal
Whence Eternity? How Eternity Slipped In by Alexander Thomson

Universalism The Prevailing Doctrine Of The Christian Church During Its First Five Hundred Years
The author, J.W. Hanson wrote “The purpose of this book is to present the evidence of the prevalence in the early centuries of the Christian church, of the doctrine of the final holiness of all mankind. The author believes that the following pages show that Universal Restitution was the faith of the early Christians for at least the First Five Hundred Years of the Christian era. He has aimed to present irrefragable proofs that the doctrine of Universal Salvation was the prevalent sentiment of the primitive Christian church.

The salient statements and facts in all which will be found in these pages show that the most and ablest of the early fathers found the deliverance of all mankind from sin and sorrow specifically revealed in the Christian Scriptures.” And they were reading the Bible in its original language.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 10-15-2009 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-15-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
the following pages
LOL...I love that part....

Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 AM

Default Knowing the true jesus

Quote:
LOL...I love that part....
I think you can tell a lot about a man by what he loves.

KNOWING THE REAL JESUS
God is Love: God Is Love! *The Power of God's Love;*Love Your Enemies! Knowing The Real Jesus

Last edited by rodgertutt; 10-15-2009 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: highlighting

Old 10-15-2009, 10:24 AM

Default Will jesus torture billions forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Sorry Allan, you are making this up based on tradition and man-made beliefs. You will not find any scripture to back up what you say.

"Burning forever is their 'earnings'"? Um NO. DEATH (NOT ETERNAL PUNISHMENT) is the wages of sin.

"The Lost jumped in..." ... um NO. People are thrown into the lake of fire. God is in control.

"The story of the lost ends at that point" ... um NO. All are made alive by Christ, all will be reconciled to God through Christ, and God will be all in all. God's plan is to unify all things and bring them and sum them up in Christ. Your vision has God not being all in all, and not unifying all things in Christ.

Your mixing of the terms "hell" and "lake of fire" just adds to the confusion of your understanding. "hell" is either sheol/hades or gehenna (or tartarus). NONE of these are the lake of fire. You would do well to understand what fire represents in the bible. Fire is used for purging, refining, and purifying. Fire represents the word of God, and even God Himself.

Stop subscribing to Dante's vision and actually study the Bible.
Don’t kid yourself Allan; there is no getting around it no matter how hard you try. If anyone were to suffer forever, Jesus would be doing it to them in the sense that He would be allowing it to happen by sustaining them alive in an inescapable state of never ending suffering.

Evidently you can love that kind of god.
I can't.

WILL JESUS TORTURE BILLIONS FOREVER?
I think not.

And here is why I don't believe the Bible teaches that He will.
The Law of Circularity: Will Jesus Torture Billions Forever? How Men Are Saved

Old 10-15-2009, 10:33 AM

When Jesus talked about how the Lost are suffering in the fires of their damnation, how did he describe it?

He said it was so unending nasty that even one drop of water from a dipped finger would be seen as the greatest thing that the damned could be in pointless hope to receive....

The lake of fire is not talking about just a normal lake with a burning oil slick on the surface....rather the lake of fire is talking about a lake filled from top to bottom with raw fire....and that the Lost are plunged into the deepest depths of this horror forever.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:40 AM

Default What jesus really taught about "hell"

Quote:
When Jesus talked about how the Lost are suffering in the fires of their damnation, how did he describe it?

He said it was so unending nasty that even one drop of water from a dipped finger would be seen as the greatest thing that the damned could be in pointless hope to receive....

The lake of fire is not talking about just a normal lake with a burning oil slick on the surface....rather the lake of fire is talking about a lake filled from top to bottom with raw fire....and that the Lost are plunged into the deepest depths of this horror forever.
What Jesus really taught about "hell."
Jesus' Teaching on Hell

What the Bible really teaches about "hell."
The Origin and History of the Doctrine of Endless Punishment
The Bible Hell

Old 10-15-2009, 10:42 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
There is a difference between having a conversation with someone, and listening to a speech....

The difference is that a speech is without interaction...

You can argue with someone during a conversation because the other person is not just following a pre-written script..

people on a message forum that simply copy/paste from different websites are worthless to try to talk with.
They are not thinking, they are not in a conversation with you.
at best you are just watching their skills at knowing how to use a computer mouse and a search function....

This is why when I see someone start to just copy stuff from a website I tell them that I wont read squat....
If they want to tell me something, then they better learn how write out their own views....
Yes, from the beginning of this thread, this certain member cuts and paste's the same post over and over and over again...no spirit in it at all....very cold with it's links to any and every source other than Scripture....over and over again.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 10-15-2009 at 11:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity