Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 02:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He is a fundamentalist literalist who usurps God's judgment role and determines who is Christian based on whether or not they agree with him. Pretty standard fundy stuff here on C-D.
He's also the life and soul of any form of gathering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 05:05 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,879 times
I think to learn if a good person (or a bad person) is a Christian, you should ask them...

Old 09-29-2009, 10:38 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,245 times
you mean agree with John 3:5 ?
if its left up to my carnal flesh it could care or less about water baptism

you mean agree with God in Hebrews 4?
if its left up to me i could care or less about the sabbath teaching

you mean call any philosophy of the bible legal?
if its left up to me in the flesh i could care or less about isaiah 64:6

my wisdom your wisdom it's a filthy rag.
God's wisdom is what to agree with only.
nothing in the book say john 10 people have a divided opinion of the book with each other anywhere.
if the book saying saying different in 2 Peter 1:20-21 then school me good if your a john 10 person hearing what he say.

Quote:
He is a fundamentalist literalist who usurps God's judgment role and determines who is Christian based on whether or not they agree with him. Pretty standard fundy stuff here on C-D.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:45 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
I think we should spend more time on our own Christianity than judging whether others meet our description of a Christians

Old 09-29-2009, 11:58 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
Quote:
Jesus is the Word of God . . . not the bible, Verna. By this time you should know I have more than read the bible and understand its spiritual import and role as "USEFUL" for instruction, etc. Fundamentalist literalists distort the message of Jesus and corrupt His clear commandments to "love God and each other" with ancient primitive misunderstandings created under the veil of ignorance... (the only ignorance is yours Mystic) ...in reading written scripture without the filter of Jesus's love and Holy Spirit. (His love and Spirit IS my filter and my Guide, forever.)
...and the "importance" of Scripture (THE WRITTEN WORD) is MUCH MORE than "USEFUL", IT IS MY WHOLE REASON FOR BREATHING.

...but I don't expect anything other than this kind of reply from you...or from anyone else that thinks as you do for that matter.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:19 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I think we should spend more time on our own Christianity than judging whether others meet our description of a Christians
Amen!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...and the "importance" of Scripture (THE WRITTEN WORD) is MUCH MORE than "USEFUL", IT IS MY WHOLE REASON FOR BREATHING.

...but I don't expect anything other than this kind of reply from you...or from anyone else that thinks as you do for that matter.
But scripture only says it is "useful" . . . not all the things you attribute to it, Verna. If you truly read through the mind and eyes of Christ (not Jehovah) . . . your inner Jesus will tell you when what you read is of God or misunderstandings of men. IF you feel the slightest bit of vengeance or anger or any other negative human emotion that causes you to agree with what you read . . . it is NOT of God. You are already using the scriptures for guidance . . . and that is wonderful. But you are allowing your innermost loving nature to make excuses for God NOT being as loving as you are. Do not ignore what you know in your heart is mean, callous, cruel, evil, and inexcusable . . . even for God. I am not your enemy, Verna. We love the same God . . . you just make excuses for the primitive misunderstandings in the descriptions of Jehovah that Jesus came to correct.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
you just make excuses for the primitive misunderstandings in the descriptions of Jehovah that Jesus came to correct.
I like that. Applying that to ourselves we will become a revelation of His heart of love to the lost and hurting.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:07 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
you just make excuses for the primitive misunderstandings in the descriptions of Jehovah that Jesus came to correct.
So if we believe that Judgment is coming, we misunderstand Jesus? Are you a universalist (sorry, I haven't been around long enough to remember)?

Old 09-29-2009, 03:26 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
What on earth are you saying?
I'm with ya on that brother...what was the point of all that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity