Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:26 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,895,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
all people that teach against the trinity will sooner or later have to add their own "corrections" to the Bible to make it fit with what they think it "should" say....

The Jews new EXACTLY what Christ was saying about Himself....that's why they crucified Him. (I believe he even referred to Himself as 'I AM'.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 09:28 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,801 times
perhaps something I have writen needs to be made more clear?

ask me any questions you have..

remember I think this is fun!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:28 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,219,073 times
Quote:
saying you dont believe in the Trinity because its not in the Bible,, yet then telling me that all the verses in the bible that support the trinity were added later,,,is a silly argument.

"The Trinity is not in the Bible, and so all the hundreds of verses in the bible that do support the Trinity are not supposed to be there....?" That argument is Not a good defense kids....LOL

Actually it's the same thing as telling me that I am right, and that you admit that I am right, and that you do see how the Bible (In its current form) does support my views and not yours.

Your argument is reduced to agreeing that the bible is on my side, but all the stuff in the bible you dont like must have been added by the Catholic church....
I still have yet to see verses that support a Trinity...the Bible doesn't teach it.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

The Jews new EXACTLY what Christ was saying about Himself....that's why they crucified Him. (I believe he even referred to Himself as 'I AM'.)
yes, the Romans Killed Jesus for the claim he made of being a King
The Jews handed him over to the Romans for his claim of being he Great "I Am"....

Jesus claimed to be God, and for this he was killed.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I still have yet to see verses that support a Trinity...the Bible doesn't teach it.
If you didnt believe in your heart that the Bible actually did teach the Trinity, then you would not be in such a hurry to find flaws in the Bible translations.

You are clearly looking for a means to escape verses that do hit home hard that the Trinity is true....

as for looking at the verses that do teach the trinity,,,I have already posted them,,,you have read them,,,,

Old 10-11-2009, 09:34 AM

The trinity is true

Old 10-11-2009, 09:40 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,539,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

If you talk to any Jewish people you will see that their idea of the Messiah in the OT was not one who was God in flesh. They think God in flesh would be a violation of everything they are taught about the ONE true God and therefore would not be able to abide in Christianity.

The fact is that the Pharisees and others were BLIND to the truth. You'll notice that when they think Jesus has proclaimed to be God he doesn't even try to refute it. He asks why they think it is a crime to say he is the "SON OF GOD" Then he uses the Psalms passage to reiterated that all prophets were said to be gods and children of God.

Like I am a child of a human so I am a little human. Jesus was a child of God therefore a little god... NOT GOD but a child of God.

John 17 shows that Jesus prays "that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."

Does that mean that all who believe in him are also part of the trinity?

How do you reconcile these words of Jesus praying to God that we are all brothers of Christ and equal to Christ!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:57 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,539,131 times
Quote:
yes, the Romans Killed Jesus for the claim he made of being a King
The Jews handed him over to the Romans for his claim of being he Great "I Am"....

Jesus claimed to be God, and for this he was killed.
Sorry but no..

The Jewish leaders handed Jesus over for saying that he would destroy the temple and crush their religious site. There was already trouble between the Jewish leaders and the Romans. Jesus didn't have to be prosecuted by the Sanhedrin if the claim was made that Jesus was going to lead the Jews to overthrow the Roman occupation of the Holy Land. This is what the Jews expected in their Messiah. Jesus was charged with Sedition for saying he was the Messiah (King of the Jews as told by the Jewish High Priests) and the Jews were fine with that because they did not believe he was the Messiah as he promised to destroy the temple.

If the Jews thought Jesus claimed to be GOD in flesh he would have been stoned for blasphemy and the Romans would have cared less.

You can see when Jesus meets the two men after his resurrection, that they fully expected Jesus to lead a revolt against the Romans to break the bondage:

Luke 24:19-21
“What things?” he asked. “About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place.

In reply, Jesus says this: (Luke 24:25-27)
"He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ [Messiah] have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

It was sedition that he was crucified for not for being God in the flesh. It was the erroneous view that he would free the people as Moses had that led to his death. But Jesus shows it was the spiritual that the Messiah came to address and he told them so.

Jesus was a prophet and like all prophets, he spoke and carried the Word of God... He was called Lord, or Teacher, or Master... NEVER GOD.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
How do you reconcile these words of Jesus praying to God that we are all brothers of Christ and equal to Christ!
Thats easy...
Jesus IS fully 100% human,,,just as I am.

as such, Jesus prays to the Father in heaven just as I and the rest of us humans do.

Had Jesus not prayed to the Father as his God then there would always be some doubt that he was like us.

The fact that Jesus prayed to the same father that I pray to is what the christian faith is all about....

Old 10-11-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Sorry but no..

The Jewish leaders handed Jesus over for saying that he would destroy the temple .
that was one of the charges made against him, but as you should remember, the witnesses did not agree so that point was dropped.

To help you remember why the Jews turned Jesus over to the Romans, just read the part where the High priest rips his clothes....there you have it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity