Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times

Advertisements

This post is being open for discussion about anything and everything to do with the Bible, God, Jesus, Christianity, UR, Preterism, Futurism, ET, Annihilation, Salvation, Trinity, Destruction of Jerusalem, etc...

I wanted to start a post that no matter what was discussed it won't be considered hijacking....YOU CAN DISCUSS ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING...WHATEVER YOU WANT

p.s. Fundy...you made a statement in another thread that belief in the Trinity was essential to being a Christian...can you provide scripture for that because from my extensive studies...The Trinity is not taught in my bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 03:47 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
YOU CAN DISCUSS ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING...WHATEVER YOU WANT
Hi, what is your favorite color?

Old 10-10-2009, 04:32 PM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
... p.s. Fundy...you made a statement in another thread that belief in the Trinity was essential to being a Christian ... can you provide scripture for that because from my extensive studies ... The Trinity is not taught in my bible.
I would like to see any passage of the Bible wherein the trinity is taught.

After the centuries that were required for man to develop the trinity doctrine, is about the same time frame when converting Jews to Christianity stopped. Because it so totally violates the teachings of the Old Testament.

Without trinity, Jews and Christians have a lot in common, and bringing Christ to a Jew is much easier.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:29 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
BLACK

but I like other colors too..

Old 10-10-2009, 11:35 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I would like to see any passage of the Bible wherein the trinity is taught.

After the centuries that were required for man to develop the trinity doctrine, is about the same time frame when converting Jews to Christianity stopped. Because it so totally violates the teachings of the Old Testament.

Without trinity, Jews and Christians have a lot in common, and bringing Christ to a Jew is much easier.

Believe me... you don't want to see how they piece together the trinity from the obscure... it's heart wrenching! First there is John 1:1 then 1:14

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Then some verses that even scholars think never existed in the original text so far as that some versions delete the verses altogether!

Because the Word became flesh that means that Jesus is the Word and God the word and the spirit are the obvious trinity....

Totally disregards:

2 John 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Now where is the verse that say those who don't acknowledge Jesus Christ is God (the 1 of 3) are deceivers and anti-christs? Well there is none because the trinity is imagined!....

Anyway.. don't wanna get me started on that subject.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:16 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Blue. It's high!

Old 10-11-2009, 12:18 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Believe me... you don't want to see how they piece together the trinity from the obscure... it's heart wrenching!
Lol!~ It's just one big misunderstanding.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
My favorite color is Navy Blue...but I also love Pink

Old 10-11-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Believe me... you don't want to see how they piece together the trinity from the obscure... it's heart wrenching! First there is John 1:1 then 1:14

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Then some verses that even scholars think never existed in the original text so far as that some versions delete the verses altogether!

Because the Word became flesh that means that Jesus is the Word and God the word and the spirit are the obvious trinity....

Totally disregards:

2 John 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Now where is the verse that say those who don't acknowledge Jesus Christ is God (the 1 of 3) are deceivers and anti-christs? Well there is none because the trinity is imagined!....

Anyway.. don't wanna get me started on that subject.
I agree with you...the more I look into it, the more I don't see it. There are so many passages where Jesus states God is His God...which directly excludes them being one and the same.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:28 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times
Jesus IS God.

The Trinity is real.

Jesus is not the Father.
The Father is not the Son.

The Father, The Son , and the Spirt are worshiped as the one true God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity