Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:21 PM

11,280 posts, read 11,050,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well I am not convinced that 3 years from now obama will be upheld by the masses in this country again.Jimmy Carter came out of nowhere and later won a nobel peace prize too.big deal
You are absolutely correct on that. At the rate he is going, in 3 years he will have already ruined our once great country and be then focused on world domination!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 10:59 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Revelation isn't about to start since it's the world's end isn't based on America. But...

The days of relative non-persecution seem to be ending in the US, when you consider...

Americans elected Obama...they wanted change.
Change they wanted ...and change their going to get.
  • Obama is the first president not to attend the National Day of prayer
  • Obama is the first president to have Christian religious symbols covered at Notre Dame when he spoke there
  • Obama is the first president to have "Czars" ...one was an openly confessed communist, the current education czar admires a person who belonged to NAMBLA
  • Obama is the first president to publically bowed to the King of Saudi
  • Obama is the first administration to align themself with countries like China, Cuba, and Muslium countries with the call for the restriction of free speach (which includes religious) at the UN ---- to the surprise of the E.U. ! You Can't Say That 10\05\09
  • Obama is the first president ever to be referred to as the "savior"
  • Obama is the only president that has grown the deficit more than all of the other presidents combined.
  • Obama officals is the first to say that it might be in our interest to shoot down Israeli planes if they fly over to Iran to take out the Iranians nukes
  • Obama officals stayed to listen to that nut case at the UN from Iran instead of walking out in opposition...only to have the Israeli offical say to those who stayed ..."have you no shame!"
As one poster said of me definding the truth of God's Word "This was in my opinion an enjoyable thread until you, like just a very few others on this board often do, manifested your intolerance and bigotry towards other followers of Jesus Christ who don't believe exactly as you do."

If you openly disagree with false teachers, the Christian is "intolerant and a bigot"

Yes, persecution is going to get worse for Christians in America...very, very soon.

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-10-2009 at 11:17 PM..

Old 10-11-2009, 05:26 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
I believe the most important unfolding happening in our world today, is the unveiling of God Himself and His true nature and character .

Old 10-11-2009, 08:55 PM

396 posts, read 598,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Good to see you back. Yes, actually a RESOUNDING YESSSS!! Why not in our lifetime? Who said it could'nt happen in our lifetime? Satan's control over humanity will intensify at time of the end. Oh yessss my friend, Revelation is unveiling right before our very eyes, yet, some STILL choose not to see.

May God have mercy on our souls. It's not c-o-m-i-n-g, it's HERE and will happen just like the Bible says it will! Thank God for His blueprint, some of us are mindful, watching and praying so that we are not led like sheep to the slaughter. Glory be to the Most High.

Betsey
Yada, Yada, Yada.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:23 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,466,146 times
I see that we are in a period that Revealations describes as the 6th trumpet.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:21 AM

396 posts, read 598,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
I see that we are in a period that Revealations describes as the 6th trumpet.
How can we be in the period of the 6th trumpet when the events of Revelation were "at hand" when John Received it (Rev.1:1-3)?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:43 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
How can we be in the period of the 6th trumpet when the events of Revelation were "at hand" when John Received it (Rev.1:1-3)?
How long ago did John write?...2000 years

How old is the earth again?....millions of years old

How old are the stars?....billions.

So if you only think of yourself and your own time on the earth, then 2000 years seems like a LONG time.

But that assumes that God marks out time that way you do.

If you believe that God is ageless and that 100 billion years to God is the same as 100 billionth of a second, then you see how 2000 years is a drop in the bucket....

Old 10-13-2009, 04:55 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,801 times
Now as for my views on when this world will see the return of our Lord?

We are only given a few hints.
Jesus told a story about his return and in that story the Lord of the house goes on a trip for a very long time.

In other verses we read that there is a question asked at the time of the return as to "Will he find faith?

We also know that just before the return many will try to claim that jesus is not going to return ever.

So based on all this, My views of "when?" is that as long as lots and lots of Christians are still looking for the return of Christ soon, that the end is yet a long way off.

Not until the faith in the return of our lord is hard to find in the church will the end happen.
Because just before the return happens there is a real matter of doubt within the church that he will return.

As of right now, there is plenty of world-wide support for the idea that Christ will return, so that puts the actual return still a long way off...

Old 10-13-2009, 05:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,412,154 times
No,

The problem with such a vague prophecy as there is in the book of Revelation, is that it can be made to fit in any time.

I know I've lived through at least 10 doomsdays in my life. Yet, I'm still around here.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:05 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,946,645 times
Quote:
Is Revelation beginning to unfold?
in a word: no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity