Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 03:08 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,728,974 times

Advertisements

This article has me wondering if this isn't one big step into the book of Revelation. We see so much going on in the world with natural disasters, wars and rumors of wars. Our world seems to be in more turmoil than ever, and now with the article on a European President, it seems to be a potential setup for the beast and antichrist to make the grand entrance.

The Associated Press: Britain's Blair seen as EU presidential material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 03:59 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,109,887 times
heres the thing...

I think that the verse that talks about earthquakes and wars and all that stuff is not aimed at teling us that the time is near.

I think it is actually telling us that "it's normal"
Normal in that there have always been earthquakes and there have always been wars.
So I think what they verse is saying is that you will not be able to tell that the end is near by counting the number of earthquakes or by watching the TV news for news of wars because they will be the same as they were 2000 years ago...

Old 10-10-2009, 06:21 PM

396 posts, read 599,474 times
No. Revelation is NOT beginning to unfold, it already unfolded in the first century, "soon to come to pass," and "the time is at hand." (Rev.1:1-3)

Old 10-10-2009, 08:49 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,450,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
This article has me wondering if this isn't one big step into the book of Revelation. We see so much going on in the world with natural disasters, wars and rumors of wars. Our world seems to be in more turmoil than ever, and now with the article on a European President, it seems to be a potential setup for the beast and antichrist to make the grand entrance.

Good to see you back. Yes, actually a RESOUNDING YESSSS!! Why not in our lifetime? Who said it could'nt happen in our lifetime? Satan's control over humanity will intensify at time of the end. Oh yessss my friend, Revelation is unveiling right before our very eyes, yet, some STILL choose not to see.

May God have mercy on our souls. It's not c-o-m-i-n-g, it's HERE and will happen just like the Bible says it will! Thank God for His blueprint, some of us are mindful, watching and praying so that we are not led like sheep to the slaughter. Glory be to the Most High.

Betsey

Old 10-10-2009, 08:53 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,754,465 times
I especially pay close attention to what is happening in Israel, when the UN starts to let people who deny the holocaust be heard and the world turns against them (Israel)..something is about to happen.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:09 PM

11,315 posts, read 11,076,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post

Next will come the attempt to make a single currency for the whole world. The EU is already pushing for it. It is interesting that you mention the beast and the antichrist making a grand entrance. This article presents the first half of this equation. Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize could represent the other half. The Bible states that at the beginning of his (the antichrists) tenure, he will come out of nowhere and be upheld by the masses. Prior to three years ago, did very many people in the U.S. outside of Illinois know who Obama was? Just a thought...

Old 10-10-2009, 09:13 PM

99 posts, read 288,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Next will come the attempt to make a single currency for the whole world. The EU is already pushing for it. It is interesting that you mention the beast and the antichrist making a grand entrance. This article presents the first half of this equation. Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize could represent the other half. The Bible states that at the beginning of his (the antichrists) tenure, he will come out of nowhere and be upheld by the masses. Prior to three years ago, did very many people in the U.S. outside of Illinois know who Obama was? Just a thought...
I agree, well stated.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:19 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,450,817 times
Quote:
They're working on it! Medvedev Shows Off Future World Money « Aftermath News

Old 10-10-2009, 09:25 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,671,522 times
I am really not a Bible scholar, but I had a cousin that was and my mother told me the things he stated. I think the time is near, but even the angels in heaven will not know the exact time, so anyone who says it will be any particular time should not be listened to.

My son showed me a place in the Bible that described the uniforms our troops in Iraq were wearing.

Our preacher states each Sunday morning that if Jesus does not return in the afternoon, we will have a church service that night.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:59 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,442,511 times
Quote:
Well I am not convinced that 3 years from now obama will be upheld by the masses in this country again.Jimmy Carter came out of nowhere and later won a nobel peace prize too.big deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity