Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 09:09 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
There is an age of accountability.
Scripture verse please.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 11:52 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Phillipians 3:15-19 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, [that they are] the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end [is] destruction, whose God [is their] belly, and [whose] glory [is] in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
Indeed, that destruction is the fiery judgments. They will suffer loss, but they will be save so as by fire. Notice we never find the Greek word apōleia (destruction) joined with any Greek word which means everlasting, such as aidios? Yes they will be destroyed, but they will be renewed as well ...

Rev 21:5
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

I trust Christ at his word, that he will indeed make all things new. Not some things, not most things ... All things. Even the wicked that will face the destruction of the fiery judgments of God.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Scripture verse please.................
Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Mat 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. Mat 18:10Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. Mat 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
and Apologetics Press - The Age of Accountability

And Eze 18:4Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Jesus' Atonement covered all the seed of Adam, to whom the promise of the Seed of the Woman [Zion "above" is the Woman] was made, for all were seed in the loins of Adam the head of the race, when they fell in Adam, died in spirit, and became subject to sin, death, and corruption,and to all the seed in Adam was the promise made. That is the biblical concept taught by the promise of the Seed of the Woman to Adam and to all the seed.
The concept;
Quote:
Hbr 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. Hbr 7:10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
Psa 28:4Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.

Rom 2:6Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

One cannot be judged for evil deeds that they did not commit, and no one is cast into the Lake of Fire for Adam's transgression, because the Lamb covered that, once, for all.

What a monster of an evil god did Calvin invent!

Act 10:15 And the voice [spake] unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, [that] call not thou common -
1) to make common
a) to make (Levitically) unclean, render unhallowed, defile, profane
b) to declare or count unclean.

Christ died for all the seed of Adam, once.
To declare that fact of peace with God is the "good news/Gospel of peace".
OBviously, Calvinists haven't a clue of the Gospel of Peace, to all men.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:05 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Mat 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. Mat 18:10Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. Mat 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
and Apologetics Press - The Age of Accountability

And Eze 18:4Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Jesus' Atonement covered all the seed of Adam, to whom the promise of the Seed of the Woman [Zion "above" is the Woman] was made, for all were seed in the loins of Adam the head of the race, when they fell in Adam, died in spirit, and became subject to sin, death, and corruption,and to all the seed in Adam was the promise made. That is the biblical concept taught by the promise of the Seed of the Woman to Adam and to all the seed.
The concept;

Psa 28:4Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.

Rom 2:6Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

One cannot be judged for evil deeds that they did not commit, and no one is cast into the Lake of Fire for Adam's transgression, because the Lamb covered that, once, for all.

What a monster of an evil god did Calvin invent!

Act 10:15 And the voice [spake] unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, [that] call not thou common -
1) to make common
a) to make (Levitically) unclean, render unhallowed, defile, profane
b) to declare or count unclean.

Christ died for all the seed of Adam, once.
To declare that fact of peace with God is the "good news/Gospel of peace".
OBviously, Calvinists haven't a clue of the Gospel of Peace, to all men.

I dont see anything there about what age a person becomes accountable. That was what i was looking for anyway.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No one can say Jesus is Lord but by the Holy Spirit . I have never heard a demon confess Jesus as Lord and neither have i ever heard an unbeliever confess it.

Come to think of it neither have i read of demons bowing the knee , just demons fleaing His presence . Geeze where do you come up with these myths.
That verse says, in the Greek, that no one has the authority to call Jesus LORD but by the Holy Spirit -of regeneration within them =second birth.

The five virgins called Jesus LORD, and they were not saved.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Demons and the Satans do know who Jesus is, and they do submit to His authority and "pray" -"supplicate" to Him. -don't you read the Bible?

Old 10-13-2009, 12:20 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You are not taking scripture for what it really says.

1Ti 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
Christ is the SAvior of all men, but all will not come to Christ. There is nothing in this verse that is saying that all will come to Christ.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:21 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
That verse says, in the Greek, that no one has the authority to call Jesus LORD but by the Holy Spirit -of regeneration within them =second birth.

The five virgins called Jesus LORD, and they were not saved.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Demons and the Satans do know who Jesus is, and they do submit to His authority and "pray" -"supplicate" to Him. -don't you read the Bible?
Good question, but people can read the bible and take it out of context or make the scripture say what they want for it to say.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:26 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Christ is the SAvior of all men, but all will not come to Christ. There is nothing in this verse that is saying that all will come to Christ.
Again you are of the belief that one must reach out to Christ when the opposite is true... God reaches out to us so that we can recognize the truth in Christ.....

The verse says that Christ is the savior of all men..

If I say that I am the savior of all captive animals but don't save any unless they come to me... how am I the savior of any of the animals?

I mean really.... If you say it is up to the sinner.. none would be saved because no one can work their way to salvation.. NOPE not even you!

Reaching out to Christ would be WORKing for your salvation. God does the work, God draws us to Christ, Christ shows us the way, God attests to Christ's way... there is nothing for us to do!!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 12:28 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Good question, but people can read the bible and take it out of context or make the scripture say what they want for it to say.
I think you guys take the "demons and satans" out of context.. they don't exist in the real world.. LOL

Ever wonder why there are no demons in the OT? and only satan in the context of deceiver/adversary?

It's because they don't REALLY exist! But I suppose that is off topic.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I dont see anything there about what age a person becomes accountable. That was what i was looking for anyway.
It is not a date of the year, but an awakening with understanding of the heart. that is the point of Scripture.
One has to do a deed with understanding to be accountable for the consequences, and babies do not do deeds of either good or evil, with understanding.
Jesus died for all the seed of Adam, not for just some of the seed, for all were in the loins of Adam the first father when the promise of the Savior was given, and they all were given the promise, for they were all in the loins of Adam, as the Scriptures teach us about the seed in the loins, which shall come forth.

Hbr 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
Hbr 7:10For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

Babies are innocent, and are not guilty of any transgression. They have to do a transgression, with understanding of good and of evil, to be guilty of it.
2Ki 21:16 Moreover Manasseh shed innocent blood very much, till he had filled Jerusalem from one end to another; beside his sin wherewith he made Judah to sin, in doing [that which was] evil in the sight of the LORD.

1) clean, free from, exempt, clear, innocent
a) free from guilt, clean, innocent
b) free from punishment
c) free or exempt from obligations
2) innocent
AV — innocent 31, guiltless 4, quit 2, blameless 2, clean 1, clear 1, exempted 1, free 1, variant 1
Gesenius's Lexicon (Help)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity