Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 12:33 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I think you guys take the "demons and satans" out of context.. they don't exist in the real world.. LOL

Ever wonder why there are no demons in the OT? and only satan in the context of deceiver/adversary?

It's because they don't REALLY exist! But I suppose that is off topic.
If demons don't exist, then why is God the Savior of all man kind. It all came from the fall. I see people don't take the bible serious or what
God says. I see you pick and choose what parts of the bible you want to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Again you are of the belief that one must reach out to Christ when the opposite is true... God reaches out to us so that we can recognize the truth in Christ.....

The verse says that Christ is the savior of all men..

If I say that I am the savior of all captive animals but don't save any unless they come to me... how am I the savior of any of the animals?

I mean really.... If you say it is up to the sinner.. none would be saved because no one can work their way to salvation.. NOPE not even you!

Reaching out to Christ would be WORKing for your salvation. God does the work, God draws us to Christ, Christ shows us the way, God attests to Christ's way... there is nothing for us to do!!!!
Christ shows us the way, and you are over looking what he taught, anyway, that is your choice.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:36 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
If demons don't exist, then why is God the Savior of all man kind. It all came from the fall. I see people don't take the bible serious or what
God says.
God is the savior of all mankind simply because demons exist? Look it up... demons are a totally NT subject... there is not one demon listed or talked about in the OT...

But you know, it is none of my business if you want to believe that you could, at any moment, have an evil spirit take over your body with the intent to do you and God harm... that is up to you to sort out. Remember, those that were SICK were considered to have had demons in the NT... If you are sick with the flu do you have a demon too?

Old 10-13-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Christ shows us the way, and you are over looking what he taught, anyway, that is your choice.
Christ shows us the way but he isn't THE WAY?

I think that goes against everything you supposedly believe, doesn't it?

But that is ok... I guess you must be right that Jesus taught that he isn't the way but he will show us the way..

Right?

Old 10-13-2009, 12:39 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Christ is the SAvior of all men, but all will not come to Christ. There is nothing in this verse that is saying that all will come to Christ.

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. If we have to come to Jesus, we aresaving our selves. He is only providing us with the opportunity to save our salves. He is not saving us.

Also, it says he is the savior of all men especially those that believe. Not, he is the savior of all men but only if they believe. You are not taking the scripture for what it says.

Rom 14:11
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Psa 67:4
O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.

Psa 66:4
All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.

1Ti 2:6
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Jhn 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Yeah there is a verse that says all will come to Christ. You just choose not to accept scripture for what it says. Just like you blame other people.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Christ shows us the way but he isn't THE WAY?

I think that goes against everything you supposedly believe, doesn't it?

But that is ok... I guess you must be right that Jesus taught that he isn't the way but he will show us the way..

Right?
NO, I am right When Jesus said that He is the way the truth and the life. He also said that there will be some separated from Him. Right

Old 10-13-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You are speaking out of both side of your mouth. If we have to come to Jesus, we are saving our selves. He is only providing us with the opportunity to save our salves. He is not saving us.

Also, it says he is the savior of all men especially those that believe. Not, he is the savior of all men but only if they believe. You are not taking the scripture for what it says.

Rom 14:11
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Psa 67:4
O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.

Psa 66:4
All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.

1Ti 2:6
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Jhn 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Yeah there is a verse that says all will come to Christ. You just choose not to accept scripture for what it says. Just like you blame other people.
NO, you are speaking lies.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
God is the savior of all mankind simply because demons exist? Look it up... demons are a totally NT subject... there is not one demon listed or talked about in the OT...

But you know, it is none of my business if you want to believe that you could, at any moment, have an evil spirit take over your body with the intent to do you and God harm... that is up to you to sort out. Remember, those that were SICK were considered to have had demons in the NT... If you are sick with the flu do you have a demon too?
Lost and deceived, evil spirits are in the OT, you over look them

Old 10-13-2009, 12:45 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
NO, you are speaking lies.
Quoting the bible is speaking lies to many fundamentalists. Because they cant accept what the bible says.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
NO, I am right When Jesus said that He is the way the truth and the life. He also said that there will be some separated from Him. Right
Separated from him in their LIFETIME or after death? I'd have to see the verse. I believe Jesus will not leave any man unsaved. That he will go to the ends of the earth to save every last one. After all what Jesus did was lay down his life for mankind... and he will save all mankind.

If I chose to die for someone I sure as heck wouldn't leave it up to them to accept it.. I would want my death to have purpose and meaning... and I am just human but to say that God sacrificed His own Son just so that mankind would partially be saved or have a way to salvation is just a pathetic interpretation of the majesty of God! IMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity