Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 01:05 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Enoch wrote of the origin of evil spirits -and yes, the OT believers were well aware of them;

Now the evil spirits from the disembodied female offspring of the Watchers are called "sirens"

and in zechariah 5, we see two sirens =evil spirits;

2Ch 33:6And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
1Sa 16:14But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
1Sa 28:8And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray thee, divine unto me by the familiar spirit, and bring me [him] up, whom I shall name unto thee.
1Ch 10:13So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, [even] against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking [counsel] of [one that had] a familiar spirit, to enquire [of it];

Job 4:15Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up:
FYI a familiar spirit is a spiritist... meaning the person who is a medium or necromancer (talks to the dead)... that is not to say "demon" as we picture demons from books by Frank Peretti. And I don't know about the book of Enoch because I have never read it but the name of it turns me off to reading it.... Enoch didn't write it or compose any of it. There is speculation that it was named the book of Enoch so that it would be considered scripture but is written by an unknown person... that doesn't make much credibility in my eyes.

Anyway back to the OP- All mankind is saved therefore.... cute little babies and their parents have nothing to worry about except that their children live full lives while they are here and living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
It is not a date of the year, but an awakening with understanding of the heart. that is the point of Scripture.
One has to do a deed with understanding to be accountable for the consequences, and babies do not do deeds of either good or evil, with understanding.
Jesus died for all the seed of Adam, not for just some of the seed, for all were in the loins of Adam the first father when the promise of the Savior was given, and they all were given the promise, for they were all in the loins of Adam, as the Scriptures teach us about the seed in the loins, which shall come forth.

Hbr 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
Hbr 7:10For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

Babies are innocent, and are not guilty of any transgression. They have to do a transgression, with understanding of good and of evil, to be guilty of it.
2Ki 21:16 Moreover Manasseh shed innocent blood very much, till he had filled Jerusalem from one end to another; beside his sin wherewith he made Judah to sin, in doing [that which was] evil in the sight of the LORD.

1) clean, free from, exempt, clear, innocent
a) free from guilt, clean, innocent
b) free from punishment
c) free or exempt from obligations
2) innocent
AVinnocent 31, guiltless 4, quit 2, blameless 2, clean 1, clear 1, exempted 1, free 1, variant 1
Gesenius's Lexicon (Help)
So how old does a person have to be? 6 ... 12 ... 14 ... 18 ... 21? Where is the cutoff point? When does God say ... "nope, your too old now, you shoulda' known better! Get in the basement and prepare to be brutalized ... I'm going to get medieval on your butt ... for the rest of eternity!" Or ... "Nope, too bad your too old now you should have known better! Now im gonna' roast you alive ... For the rest of eternity!"

I mean really? What about those 3rd graders who plotted to murder their teacher? If they died would they go to hell?

You see, at a very young age sin takes control of a person. But at anytime Christ can free them of that bondage to sin. Even Children are bound to sin, and when they learn to walk and talk the first things they start to learn is to challenge authority and lie, and cheat and steal ... So when is it that they "know better" if they haven't been born again? Humans are born spiritually unregenerate. All men and women and children are spirtually dead until they are born again in the spirit. So When is it too late to reveive the get out of hell free card? At what age?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:00 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
That verse says, in the Greek, that no one has the authority to call Jesus LORD but by the Holy Spirit -of regeneration within them =second birth.

The five virgins called Jesus LORD, and they were not saved.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Demons and the Satans do know who Jesus is, and they do submit to His authority and "pray" -"supplicate" to Him. -don't you read the Bible?
Calling someone Lord and confessing Jesus Christ is Lord are 2 entirely different things altogether.

I think AlanMostad's missus calls him Lord

Old 10-13-2009, 04:01 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So how old does a person have to be?
The answer is as Paul teaches in his letter.

That once he was alive before the Law came, (a kid)
Then the law came (He reached the age where God asks of him to submit to His Law)
Sin sprang to life in his heart because of the Law, and he died .

But when he believed, the death that so held him, was unable to hold him anymore!

Old 10-13-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Good question, but people can read the bible and take it out of context or make the scripture say what they want for it to say.
No with you agreeing with this you are making the scripture say what you want it to say . These virgins did not confess Jesus Christ is Lord.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:03 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

I think AlanMostad's missus calls him Lord
"Lord" will do
But "Sir" is fine at the dinner table in front of the kids

Old 10-13-2009, 04:11 AM

Quote:
I speak from the bible you don't.

1 timothy 2:4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth

Ezekiel 33:11

Say to them, as surely as I live declares the Soverign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn their ways and live? Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?

LOL, you are funny because you don't take scripture for what it says
God desires all men and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

How does God make this Happen Miss Shawn ?

By depending on us to come to Himself as you believe ?

Listen to what the scriptures says how God gets what He desires and how He accomplishes what He desires.

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

You see Miss Shawn with God being God He is able to accomplish that which He desires.
Did you also notice how what He desires to achieves begins with Him and not through our puny will's.

I know it's hard for you Fundamental bible bashers to swallow that all will be saved , because you only believe grace is available for salvation to those who deserve it , meaning you came, you repented,you chose , you found Jesus, you are bible believers, you this and you that.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:09 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776
You are speaking out of both side of your mouth. If we have to come to Jesus, we are saving our selves. He is only providing us with the opportunity to save our salves. He is not saving us.

Also, it says he is the savior of all men especially those that believe. Not, he is the savior of all men but only if they believe. You are not taking the scripture for what it says.

Rom 14:11
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Psa 67:4
O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.

Psa 66:4
All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.

1Ti 2:6
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Jhn 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Yeah there is a verse that says all will come to Christ. You just choose not to accept scripture for what it says. Just like you blame other people.

NO, you are speaking lies.
Wow. Quoting scripture is speaking lies?

Isaiah 45:23"I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:10 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
You can quote scripture all you want a deceived person will make scripture say what is not there.
A deceived person will not see what scripture plainly says.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:50 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Another thread ending in universalism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity