Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 05:35 PM

218 posts, read 311,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Well the baby is born flesh which is of Adam and has the original sin of course~ and if you have the original sin you are condemned to hell... If that is what you believe that is... cuz I don't believe that anyone is condemned to hell... there is no hell... that is beside the point though...
Could you please show me where you get your information that there is no hell. The bible speaks about a heaven and a hell. You discounting the truth and your unbiblical opinion will not make you escape your awaited firey torment unless you repent of your sins, turn to Jesus Christ and live for Him all the days of your remainin life. You don't know when you are going to die and are taking an awful big risk saying things that are not true. Heaven and hell are real and there have been many accounts of these realities.

Maybe discounting hell is an easy way for you to live a life of sin the way you like since acknowledging hell exists means you can't live the way you want. Sad, real sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Ok.. I will take that verse at face value... however.. Christ had not come to save mankind from their sins so David was talking about Hades or the holding place of the dead... the grave.. David would go to the grave as his child was in the grave..

This by no means says that the only way to get out of burning forever is to be an infant.

If infants are excluded from hell then how is it that any other unbelievers go to hell? Just because you cannot believe that God would send a newborn baby to hell does not mean that God won't send innocents to hell..

ET says that ALL who don't believe and repent are going to hell...

ALL means ALL... no exceptions.. God is not gonna rewrite the law of ET just so babies that you think are cute can go to heaven rather than hell.

Either that or you can just succumb to the UR stance that babies are not doomed to hell but are subjected to the consequences of their sin... but then they can't have sinned so in UR... babies cannot be punished..

ET or UR... you decide. but don't tell me there are exceptions fro ET because after all I have heard from ETers.. that is complete smoke up my.. well you get the drift..
Infants don't have a chance to accept or deny Jesus Christ to save them but an person old enough to understand the decision is making a choice to accept or deny Jesus as a means for salvation. The bible makes no references about infant baptism just a believer's baptism, meaning you have to first believe which requires knowledge of the decision. An infant can't decide anything for itself. Think logically!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:12 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
Infants don't have a chance to accept or deny Jesus Christ to save them but an person old enough to understand the decision is making a choice to accept or deny Jesus as a means for salvation. The bible makes no references about infant baptism just a believer's baptism, meaning you have to first believe which requires knowledge of the decision. An infant can't decide anything for itself. Think logically!!!
Lightinsky,
i agree with the previous post that "The bible speaks about a heaven and a hell."

However, it's not true about what you said about an infant. Faith isn't a decision, but a gift. Belief or wickedness starts when being in the womb.

Psalm 22:10
From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb you have been my God.

Psalm 71:6
From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.

Psalm 58:3
Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Lightinsky,
i agree with the previous post that "The bible speaks about a heaven and a hell."

However, it's not true about what you said about an infant. Faith isn't a decision, but a gift. Belief or wickedness starts when being in the womb.

Psalm 22:10
From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb you have been my God.

Psalm 71:6
From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.

Psalm 58:3
Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.
Faith isn't a decision? I disagree with you and belief or wickedness starting in the womb is ludacris and makes no sense at all. You are making up things why I don't know but a loving God wouldn't send an innocent child to hell and many accounts of hell said they saw no children there but in heavenly account infants and children were there. I decided to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior as a free gift not that I deserved (I made the decision, how could I have done that when I was an infant). Ephesian 2:8 Sorry but you missed the point. Babies cant' make decesions ok. Next time you are around a baby ask them whether or not they believe in Jesus Christ and wait for their response. Good luck figuring out what googoo and gaga mean. Cmom think about it how can a baby, innocent with knowledge of good and evil choose to reject or accept Jesus Christ they can't.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:40 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Faith isn't a decision? I disagree with you and belief or wickedness starting in the womb is ludacris and makes no sense at all. You are making up things why I don't know but a loving God wouldn't send an innocent child to hell and many accounts of hell said they saw no children there but in heavenly account infants and children were there. I decided to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior as a free gift not that I deserved (I made the decision, how could I have done that when I was an infant). Ephesian 2:8 Sorry but you missed the point. Babies cant' make decesions ok. Next time you are around a baby ask them whether or not they believe in Jesus Christ and wait for their response. Good luck figuring out what googoo and gaga mean. Cmom think about it how can a baby, innocent with knowledge of good and evil choose to reject or accept Jesus Christ they can't.
Faith is either a gift from God, not a decision we can make
Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

Babies are not born sinless, or conceived sinless.

Not sure if you are aware of this, but I didn't write Psalms. Do a word search on chose(n) and see who does the chosing. A wage is something earned, and the wages of sin is death. Babies do die, unless I'm making that up also.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:52 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
A two year old can DECIDE if he/she wants to run away from you in a crowded parking lot.... would that count? or how about the 9 year old learning multiplication and division? Are they old enough to understand then?
How about 12 years old?

Would a 12 year old or 9 year old be fair? Would that make their burning in hell easier for you to swallow?

Logically if you are correct then ANYONE who DOES NOT for whatever reason make a decision to believe in ... well whatever list your particular church has... MUST be thrown in the burning place of everlasting conscious torment.

Unless of course there are exceptions to your rule... in which case, well it starts to lose credibility logically.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Faith is either a gift from God, not a decision we can make
Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

Babies are not born sinless, or conceived sinless.

Not sure if you are aware of this, but I didn't write Psalms. Do a word search on chose(n) and see who does the chosing. A wage is something earned, and the wages of sin is death. Babies do die, unless I'm making that up also.
Ephesians is talking about not being able to earn your way by works to heaven since all have sinned and fallend short of God's glory. God is making a point to tell us that although we don't deserve His love He gave it to all who are willing to believe and receive it knowingly. Many churches teach you must do good works along with faith in Christ to go to heaven which is unbiblical, that is what ephesians is trying to convey. When you decide to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior you must live in obedience and avoid sin at all costs but that doesn't mean you won't ever sin or think impure thoughts. God knows that we all sin and babies don't have the ability to make a decision of right or wrong. I'm not discounting Psalm but what you are not looking at is original sin was paid for the world by the blood of Jesus including innocent unborn fetuses and new born babies. The new testament is a completion of the old and original sin was for those that lived in accordance to the Jewish Law. Not the case for the gentile era where Christ came, died and rose for all who will receive His free gift. Receive means making an educated decision and then living in faith by God's graciousness shall we enter heaven not by what we do in works.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
A two year old can DECIDE if he/she wants to run away from you in a crowded parking lot.... would that count? or how about the 9 year old learning multiplication and division? Are they old enough to understand then?
How about 12 years old?

Would a 12 year old or 9 year old be fair? Would that make their burning in hell easier for you to swallow?

Logically if you are correct then ANYONE who DOES NOT for whatever reason make a decision to believe in ... well whatever list your particular church has... MUST be thrown in the burning place of everlasting conscious torment.

Unless of course there are exceptions to your rule... in which case, well it starts to lose credibility logically.
I don't want anyone to suffer the consequences of hell and I hope you don't either. 2 year olds may do things that are wrong but certainly don't have the understanding an adult does. 12 year olds and 9 years olds may understand better but have by no means matured in mind and spirit and are not able to discern things like a mature adult. Look I don't know what you are debating but the age of accountablity differs from child to child and that is for God to decide. As for infants they don't make decisions we do as their parents.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:12 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
[quote=Lightinsky;11259121]Could you please show me where you get your information that there is no hell. The bible speaks about a heaven and a hell.

There is no hell in the bible. There are specific places mentioned and translated as hell: Hades, Gehenna (or literally Valley of Hinnom), tartaroo.

The other two are Lake of Fire, and Sheol.

Some are translated as hell but they are not hell as you are picturing. Perhaps this would be better discussed by DM as it is slightly off topic.

Quote:
You discounting the truth and your unbiblical opinion will not make you escape your awaited firey torment unless you repent of your sins, turn to Jesus Christ and live for Him all the days of your remainin life. You don't know when you are going to die and are taking an awful big risk saying things that are not true. Heaven and hell are real and there have been many accounts of these realities.
Not believing in hell does not send a person to hell... There is no risk.

AND because I don't believe in Hell you assume I don't/haven't repented of sins, turned to Jesus, and live for him. You do know what ASSUMING creates?

Quote:
Maybe discounting hell is an easy way for you to live a life of sin the way you like since acknowledging hell exists means you can't live the way you want. Sad, real sad.
I don't have to believe I will be tortured forever to be a "good" little follower of Christ.

If you do what is right because it is right to do it... you don't need the threat of/intervention of policemen or jail or hellfire... it is the criminals that need the threat of policemen, jail, and hellfire to keep them in line.

1 Tim. 1:9-10 We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

Old 10-19-2009, 07:38 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,502 times
Default Answer me this.

To those who actually believe that the soul of a baby goes to hell....how can you "love" a god that would do that? That is sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity