Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 10:24 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,636,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Read you bible and there you will find your answer which is what you should have been told to do in the first place.
yea, and create your own denomination and then you will be happy with what is taught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 10:27 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,584,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
yea, and create your own denomination and then you will be happy with what is taught.
First and foremost you look for a teacher but anything is better than listening to a number of unscriptural opinions.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:36 AM
juj

Quote:
First and foremost you look for a teacher but anything is better than listening to a number of unscriptural opinions.
Ah, but that presents some important questions. How do you determine who is qualified to teach and how do you determine if an opinion is scriptural or not?

Old 10-26-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Ah, but that presents some important questions. Who is qualified to teach and who determines if an opinion is scriptural or not?
That's easy as I prayed and asked God for guidance and knowledge He led me to John Macarthur, Paul Washer, Allister Begg, John Piper, Adrian Rogers, Charlse Stanley and so forth, as I grew in holiness and understanding I started to recognize good teachers and bad teachers then I do as the Bereans, and go behind them in my bible and see what they teach is the truth.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:17 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,223,284 times
Quote:
That's easy as I prayed and asked God for guidance and knowledge He led me to John Macarthur, Paul Washer, Allister Begg, John Piper, Adrian Rogers, Charlse Stanley and so forth, as I grew in holiness and understanding I started to recognize good teachers and bad teachers then I do as the Bereans, and go behind them in my bible and see what they teach is the truth.
There is only "One" Teacher...

Old 10-26-2009, 11:35 AM
juj

Quote:
You grew in holiness? Wow, that smacks of a lack of humility. Your mentors may well be good, but I would contend that the next person would come up with different teachers and they may not agree with yours. Thus we are at an impasse using your methodology.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
You grew in holiness? Wow, that smacks of a lack of humility. Your mentors may well be good, but I would contend that the next person would come up with different teachers and they may not agree with yours. Thus we are at an impasse using your methodology.
Lack of humility???? WOW! Now if I said, I have grown in holiness to the point that I need no more then I can see a lack of humility there. Humility is understanding I am done, wretched, vile, nothing without Christ and that He gives me the power to grow and His grace is what will save me. I have only stated what the Holy Spirit has done for me.

There is one truth out there, it is irrelevant if someone has a different "truth" than mine. Either I have the truth or I don't.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:36 PM
juj

Quote:
There is one truth out there, it is irrelevant if someone has a different "truth" than mine. Either I have the truth or I don't.
It is irrelevant? That is absolutely central and core to this entire thread. To every one of these threads, for that matter. Truth must be determined, therefore the authority to make that call also must be determined if the original poster will get a "truth-ful" answer.

What could be MORE relevant than having the truth or not?

Old 10-26-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
It is irrelevant? That is absolutely central and core to this entire thread. To every one of these threads, for that matter. Truth must be determined, therefore the authority to make that call also must be determined if the original poster will get a "truth-ful" answer.

What could be MORE relevant than having the truth or not?
I didn't say, having truth or not is irrelevant. I said, it is irrelevant if another person claims to have truth. Either I have truth or don't but my truth will not waiver on the basis that someone else has a different truth than mine.
I hold truth to be of the utmost importance because of the consequences I believe in not having the truth so I make sure I have the truth.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:50 PM
juj

Quote:
I didn't say, having truth or not is irrelevant. I said, it is irrelevant if another person claims to have truth. Either I have truth or don't but my truth will not waiver on the basis that someone else has a different truth than mine.
I hold truth to be of the utmost importance because of the consequences I believe in not having the truth so I make sure I have the truth.
Your comments remind me of an early 80's MTV commerical slogan delivered to it's cable audience:

"Some people just don't get it."

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity