Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 02:41 PM

193 posts, read 308,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
God has a purpose and a time for everything under heaven ... However i do believe that there will be a time when this form of worship will be abolished.
excerpt:
[The first hand-written English language Bible manuscripts were produced in 1380's AD by John Wycliffe, and Oxford professor, scholar, and theologian, Wycliffe, (also spelled "Wycliff & Wyclif"), was well-known throughout Europe for his opposition to the teaching of the organized Church, which he believed to be contrary to the Bible. With the help of his followers, called the Lollards, and his assistant Purvey, and many other faithful scribes, Wycliffe produced dozens of English language manuscript copies of the scriptures. They were translated out of the Latin Vulgate, which was the only source text available to Wycliffe. The Pope was so infuriated by his teachings and his translation of the Bible into English, that 44 years after Wycliffe had died, he ordered the bones to be dug-up, crushed, and scattered in the river.

Wycliffe wrote, "The Church is the totality of those who are predestined to blessedness. It includes the Church triumphant in heaven...and the Church militant or men on earth. No one who is eternally lost has part in it. There is one universal Church, and outside of it there is no salvation. Its head is CHRIST. No pope may say that he is the head, for he can not say that he is elect or even a member of the Church."

ROBBING PETER TO PAY PAUL:
"John Wycliffe had it in the 14th century: "How should God approve that you rob Peter, and give this robbery to Paul in the name of Christ?"]

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

v15 For without are dogs (foxes) and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

v16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches, I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

v17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life FREELY. (At no cost!)

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and POWER was given him over ALL kindreds, and tongues, and NATIONS.

Here is a poser: To what POWER do all NATION LEADERS bow down to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 02:52 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,222,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by life23 View Post
Quote:

You have hit (bulls eye) the most salient point! I applaud you
Thanks much but I can only give God the credit for showing me the TRUTH. There are way too many "christians" who give Paul's words more authority than the words of Jesus himself. When Paul says something that directly contradicts what Jesus said....I'm sticking with Jesus. There were only 12 Apostles, there will only ever be 12 Apostles....Revelation attests to this fact. Paul gave witness that he was chosen by God....but he is his only witness.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks much but I can only give God the credit for showing me the TRUTH. There are way too many "christians" who give Paul's words more authority than the words of Jesus himself. When Paul says something that directly contradicts what Jesus said....I'm sticking with Jesus. There were only 12 Apostles, there will only ever be 12 Apostles....Revelation attests to this fact. Paul gave witness that he was chosen by God....but he is his only witness.
2 Peter 3:15 And account that the long-suffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother PAUL also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

v16 As also in all his "EPISTLES" (13 in all from ROMANS to PHILEMON...Rev. 13?), speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which THEY that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION.

v17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, BEWARE lest ye also, being LED AWAY with the error of the WICKED, fall from your own stedfastness.

c: The sign of a GODLY MAN, Slow to anger and full of compassion!

CONTRAST:

We must remember that there are only 120 disciples (Acts 1:15) and 12 Apostles and 3 Witnesses of the transfiguration namely, Peter, James, and John. These men were handpicked by our LORD AND SAVIOUR, therefore trustworthy. Paul came as the destroyer of Christians at first then switched to being "THE LEADER?". Our Christ had already appointed Peter to be the Head and The Christ is not fickle-minded as mortal men are!

Here are the passages that Peter was referring to:

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are FALSE APOSTLES, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the APOSTLES OF CHRIST.

v14 And no marvel; for SATAN himself is transformed into an angel of light.

c: Did he stop short from calling OUR SAVIOUR SATAN? And since the 12 Apostles were the ONLY representatives of the 12 TRIBES, why then is he calling them ministers of SATAN?

Validation of the ONLY 12 Apostles:

Revelation 21:14 And the wall of the city had 12 foundations, and in them the names of the 12 APOSTLES of the lamb. (Our Christ!)

Acts 1:26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon MATTHIAS; and he was numbered with the 11 Apostles. (He replaced Judas!)

Proverbs 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of THE LORD.

False teachings of PAUL:

Galatian "Justification by FAITH and NOT WORKS"

Belied in:

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before GOD; and the books were opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were JUDGED out of those things which were written in the books, ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS!

"RAPTURE"

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet "THE LORD IN THE AIR?" and so shall we ever be with the LORD?

c: Uhh...there is no mention of our Savior and Redeemer here, "The LORD JESUS CHRIST".

c: There are many LORDS: Lords of parliaments, gambling lords...etc.!!!

May we be endowed the WISDOM to discern "THE WORD OF GOD"

Last edited by life23; 01-19-2010 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 01-19-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by life23 View Post
2 Peter 3:15 And account that the long-suffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother PAUL also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

v16 As also in all his "EPISTLES" (13 in all from ROMANS to PHILEMON...Rev. 13?), speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which THEY that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION.

v17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, BEWARE lest ye also, being LED AWAY with the error of the WICKED, fall from your own stedfastness.

c: The sign of a GODLY MAN, Slow to anger and full of compassion!

CONTRAST:

We must remember that there are only 120 disciples (Acts 1:15) and 12 Apostles and 3 Witnesses of the transfiguration namely, Peter, James, and John. These men were handpicked by our LORD AND SAVIOUR, therefore trustworthy. Paul came as the destroyer of Christians at first then switched to being "THE LEADER?". Our Christ had already appointed Peter to be the Head and The Christ is not fickle-minded as mortal men are!

Here are the passages that Peter was referring to:

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are FALSE APOSTLES, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the APOSTLES OF CHRIST.

v14 And no marvel; for SATAN himself is transformed into an angel of light.

c: Did he stop short from calling OUR SAVIOUR SATAN? And since the 12 Apostles were the ONLY representatives of the 12 TRIBES, why then is he calling them ministers of SATAN?

Validation of the ONLY 12 Apostles:

Revelation 21:14 And the wall of the city had 12 foundations, and in them the names of the 12 APOSTLES of the lamb. (Our Christ!)

Acts 1:26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon MATTHIAS; and he was numbered with the 11 Apostles. (He replaced Judas!)

Proverbs 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of THE LORD.

False teachings of PAUL:

Galatian "Justification by FAITH and NOT WORKS"

Belied in:

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before GOD; and the books were opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were JUDGED out of those things which were written in the books, ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS!

"RAPTURE"

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet "THE LORD IN THE AIR?" and so shall we ever be with the LORD?

c: Uhh...there is no mention of our Savior and Redeemer here, "The LORD JESUS CHRIST".

c: There are many LORDS: Lords of parliaments, gambling lords...etc.!!!

May we be endowed the WISDOM to discern "THE WORD OF GOD"
Yes...Peter openly opposed Paul and pretty much called him a false apostle.

Like I said...many base their doctrine on the writings of Paul, twisting what Jesus said in scripture to conform it to Paul's doctrine rather than the way it should be....fitting Paul's doctrine to conform to what Jesus said....and if Paul says something that contradicts what Jesus said (and there are many cases of this)....we go with the Master and that is Jesus....not Paul. For the slave is not above the Master.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:

Like I said...many base their doctrine on the writings of Paul, twisting what Jesus said in scripture to conform it to Paul's doctrine rather than the way it should be....fitting Paul's doctrine to conform to what Jesus said....and if Paul says something that contradicts what Jesus said (and there are many cases of this)....we go with the Master and that is Jesus....not Paul. For the slave is not above the Master.
From Pentateuch to Revelation, and there are 66 books in our canon bible,("The word of God" uttered by the prophets, synchronized beautifully if we do not include the Epistles. They are not part of the scriptures, church elders removed some very enlightening passages and replaced them with the letters.

Isaiah 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee; and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed.

v12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

v13 Wherefore the LORD said, forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have REMOVED their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept (DOCTRINE) of men.

v14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Validation:

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the WISE and PRUDENT, and hast revealed them unto BABES:

Hebrews 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a BABE.

v14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are "OF FULL AGE," even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Isaiah 3:4 ...and babes shall rule over them.

v12 and women rule over them.

I was blessed to have found and bought "The lost books" while in Europe. This book is regarded in general as a "Trash Bin" but if one knows what to look for, it becomes a field of treasures!

Last edited by life23; 01-19-2010 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 01-19-2010, 07:55 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,344,298 times
I don't think u have to attend church, but it may not be a bad idea...

Old 01-19-2010, 08:40 PM

702 posts, read 962,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Where is this recorded?

Old 01-19-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
"Jesus Condemns the Pharisees"

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

v14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

v15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

v16 Woe unto you, YE BLIND GUIDES, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

v17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

v18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.

v19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

v20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.

v21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.

v22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of god, and by him that sitteth thereon.

v23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

v24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

v25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

v31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

v33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell.

v34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify: and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city.

v35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. (Father of John the Baptist)

v36 Verily I say unto you, all these things shall come upon this generation.

Comment: To those who adhere to organized religion, this is what I say to you.

There are a lot of true Christians, Godly people, who seek the truth from these places. This is where they are comfortable in their worship and they worship the same GOD.

I just pray that first, you arm yourselves with the word of God in the scriptures, for this will enable you to discern between good and evil. Our Lord Jesus Christ showed, through Matthew 23, how to avoid these things that kill the soul.

As for me, I have no religion, for this is the very reason why brothers fight one another. We have only one GOD.

Malachi 2 "The Lord Curses the Priests"

v1 And now, O ye priest, this commandment is for you.

v2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: YEA, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

v3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

v7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

v8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have CAUSED MANY TO STUMBLE at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

v10 Have we not all one father? hath not one GOD created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

May God Bless us ALL!!!

Old 01-20-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and POWER was given him over ALL kindreds, and tongues, and NATIONS.

Would anyone try and answer this truthfully?

Old 01-20-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
Where is this recorded?
Read you bible...it's in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity