Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 12:47 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,136,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's sad that people like you know nothing about what those verses meant in the original language and culture, and instead decide to lie for Jesus by attacking an entire group of people. Jesus would declare you a hypocrite and brood of vipers just like the Pharisees.
==================================
Really, so God created a group of people to call there lifestyles an abomination? Maybe were not reading the same bible here. It is there choice to do that, no one is forcing it on them. They can have all the cravings they want to do it, but when they physically "choose" to go through the act it is there choice, not that they were born that way. Fornication means whoring in greek and jumping from one person to the next is whoring(fornication) in heterosexual or homosexual lifestyles. Jesus would not call me a hypocrite for following the bible, i may have sin of my own i deal with, but i dont go around saying it is okay and that the way God made me and i not going to turn away from my sin and ask for forgiveness and atleast attempt to live by Gods will.

Ecclesiastes 12

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Living that lifestyle and knowing what the bible says about it, is going against verse 12 there in keeping his commandments.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:04 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Really, so God created a group of people to call there lifestyles an abomination?
Homosexuality was not discovered until 1900 A.D. It's not mentioned in the Bible. You're depending on an English corruption that changed the meaning of verses thousands of years after the fact. And abomination does not exist in Hebrew. That's not the meaning of the word the KJV translated as "abomination". And FYI, wearing cotton and polyester is the same level of "abomination" as homosexuality according to your logic.

Quote:
Maybe were not reading the same bible here.
We're not, because you are relying on a fault understanding of an English translation.

Quote:
It is there choice to do that, no one is forcing it on them.
Homosexuality is not a choice, that's scientifically supported. The ENTIRE animal kingdom engages in homosexual behavior, and it's part of a necessary mechanism to encourage the survival of the species.

If you would get a clue and an education you would see it's part of God's design.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:15 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Really, so God created a group of people to call there lifestyles an abomination? Maybe were not reading the same bible here. It is there choice to do that, no one is forcing it on them. They can have all the cravings they want to do it, but when they physically "choose" to go through the act it is there choice, not that they were born that way. Fornication means whoring in greek and jumping from one person to the next is whoring(fornication) in heterosexual or homosexual lifestyles. Jesus would not call me a hypocrite for following the bible, i may have sin of my own i deal with, but i dont go around saying it is okay and that the way God made me and i not going to turn away from my sin and ask for forgiveness and atleast attempt to live by Gods will.

Ecclesiastes 12

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Living that lifestyle and knowing what the bible says about it, is going against verse 12 there in keeping his commandments.
Sexual immorality is a serious error, but homosexuals believe they are an exception to the rule, and that only heterosexuals can violate such rules.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,489,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sexual immorality is a serious error, but homosexuals believe they are an exception to the rule, and that only heterosexuals can violate such rules.
It's rather sick of anyone to justify their actions based on the animal kingdom ... no less it was "God's design" to further the species.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:18 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It's rather sick of anyone to justify their actions based on the animal kingdom ... no less it was "God's design" to further the species.
Let me make some hypotheical arguments just to get you and everyone else here thinking and for the fun of it since this Is a topic Im not entirely certain about. If God created homosexuality as a regulatory function in nature for the animal kingdom as it is currently thought of by many scientists, then technically it would be "God's design" and natural for the animals that practice it. Taking this into consideration, it would mean the "against nature" argument does not apply to the animals at least.

I'm sure you'll want to blame "animal gayness" on the fall of man, but I'll remind you that there was an evil serpent, a rougher world outside the garden, and eventual labor "pain" for women (remember, God said he would greatly "increase" it after the fall) that would have to be considered "very good" by God before the fall. So in other words, God's idea of very good is likely not the same as most fundamentalists think and may include pain, evil, possibly even death, and homosexuality for all we know at least as far as animals are concerned. I personally (as well as many theologians) think the effects of the fall were limited to mankind itself and all creation is only "groaning" because its sick of humans screwing it up. lol

Now obviously humans are separated from animals in the bible and there are different standards God judges us by. But to say it is "sick" to justify something that is common with our genetically similar animal counterparts and does not necessarily violate the laws loving thy neighbor is very presumptuous and probably very insulting to gay people who accepted "their nature" after years of trying to "pray it away." Would you like it if someone called you and I (and likely Flyero) sick for simulating the eating of human flesh and drinking of blood when we take Communion? In the words of Dan Aykroyd: "we mock what we don't understand"

Ok I mostly just posted for that last quote lol. But nevertheless its some perspectives to keep in mind when approaching this topic.

Last edited by Jrhockney; 05-24-2012 at 10:37 PM..

Old 05-24-2012, 11:23 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,489,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
I'm sure you'll want to blame "animal gayness" on the fall of man, but I'll remind you that there was an evil serpent, a rougher world outside the garden, and eventual labor "pain" for women (remember, God said he would greatly "increase" it after the fall) that would have to be considered "very good" by God before the fall. So in other words, God's idea of very good is likely not the same as most fundamentalists think and may include pain, evil, and possibly even death at least as far as animals are concerned. I personally (as well as many theologians) thing the effects of the fall were limited to mankind itself and all creation is only "groaning" because its sick of humans screwing it up.
Pain, evil and death are not attributes to "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." Being the truth is only what is recorded in the Bible, there is nothing that says there was a "rougher world". Yes I admit, I have no idea what happened when a herd of elephants crossed paths with ants but it doesn't plague me to say that the ants somehow won out.

Seriously, Would I like it if someone called you and me (and likely Flyero) sick for simulating the eating of human flesh and drinking of blood when we take Communion?

A: If you mean to say "if someone (who admitted being homosexual) called me sick for simulating the eating of human flesh and drinking of blood when we take Communion " then I would reply this way:

It does not surprise me that you'd come to that conclusion. For it takes less spiritual discernment to realize that God condemns homosexuality than to correctly understand communion. God's Word is very clear about this subject. All one need to do is to re-read the scriptures that were posted about this for confirmation.

What I would like to know is why it is when somebody leaves the homosexual lifestyle, that they are not considered just as much an "expert" on this ? hmmm

It's like in politics... if a black person is vocally conservative, virtually every assult of name calling \ degrading is flung at him. Yet that exact thing happens to people who leave homosexuality. A few weeks ago, we had a man (from the DC area) speak at our Bible class who left the homosexual lifestyle. He spoke to the catagorically hostility by the pro-gay agenda groups and their sympathizers. It's amazing whom really has the intolerance, hostility, closed minded and homophobia and it's not the religious groups that the media love to find with the stupid signs..shouting their fool heads off.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:08 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
If a person feels that they are gay in their heart then they need to pray that the Lord change their heart. Confess your sins and have faith the Lord will change your heart. Why would you have to lie? I see no reason for anyone to lie.
Will God change the way their brains developed before they were born?

Old 05-25-2012, 04:12 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,193,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
No. Not in the original languages and cultural contexts.
Yes, in any reliable translation.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:16 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,193,454 times
Quote:
Really, so God created a group of people to call there lifestyles an abomination?
He created us with free will. God gave Adam only one simple rule and Adam broke that rule. God didn't create Adam to break the rule, He created Adam with free will. The very first human born killed his own brother. God didn't create Cain to be a murderer, He created him with free will. We choose to sin. Homosexuality is a sin. Don't blame God.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:17 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Do you mean the same brain chemestry that makes one Bi-Polar?...The same brain chemestry that makes one a pedophile?...The same brain chemistry that makes one love killing?...

So, if we are to accept that chemical imbalance in the brain of a gay person as natural...Then why do we shove drugs down the throat of a Bi-Polar person in order to stabilize them?......
This may help you understand more:

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity