Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:45 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Actually Jesus Christ

No, he was a Jew and without Judaism there would have not been a bible or a Jesus. None of it would exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 08:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
When does God's grace (unmerited favor) become grace to us ?, before or after we believe ?. If Grace (unmerited favor) is grace (unmerited favor) , so why do we have to merit it ?.

Believing to ourselves that the Grace of God( the unmerited favor of God) is for us , on us , in us,towards us , abundantly available to us , will never waver towards us , will always meet us in time of need (when you feel at your worst),will keep us , will change who we are has we believe , thus eventually dealing with all the unrest in our hearts and truely bring us into His rest.

What a Savior !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His that the gnashing of teeth i hear

Old 01-07-2010, 08:54 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
See? It's ALWAYS "book, chapter, and verse" with fundamental Christians, isn't it? That isn't real life. That's what I mean by "legalism" Mike. (I'm still addressing Mike555's question).
But you havent answered my question you have only made a accusasion.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
No we didn't turn from the bible, I read my Bible every day and I attend a Bible study group regularly.

You should speak to the things you know about.
Where did I say anyone turned from the bible? The majority of Jews read the Old Testiment but they follow the Talmund. Are you a Jew or just a Christian looking for an argument that is not going to happen.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Funny the Muslims think the same thing..... But if there had been no Judaism there would be no Christianity......
True but not the point.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
No, he was a Jew and without Judaism there would have not been a bible or a Jesus. None of it would exist.
Not true, God would have still perserved His word no matter what. Read your bible and you will see that there werent very many true Jews they had all fallen to legalism.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:14 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Not true, God would have still perserved His word no matter what. Read your bible and you will see that there werent very many true Jews they had all fallen to legalism.
If Peter the Apostle did you can put money on it that there were a bunch of jews that did also.

11When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. 12Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

14When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?
15"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified. 17"If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker. 19For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"[d]

Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If Peter the Apostle did you can put money on it that there were a bunch of jews that did also.

11When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. 12Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

14When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?
15"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified. 17"If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker. 19For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"[d]
Perfect example of God perserving His word.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
If God didn't pick the Jews, He would have picked another people. Jesus was promised in the garden before there was any such thing as Israel

Old 01-07-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
If God didn't pick the Jews, He would have picked another people. Jesus was promised in the garden before there was any such thing as Israel
And another excellant point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity