Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 11:24 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times

Advertisements

(CONTINUED FROM ANOTHER THREAD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It is a shame that you base your criteria of hearing from God strictly from what is written verbatim in the bible.

I hear from God all the time through all differnt kinds of mediums, people, music, prayer, etc. What I hear is not always written verbatim in the bible but it does line up with what Jesus taught....so I can't discount it just because it's not in scripture.
I am confused because I see and hear God in everything including the worst scenario you could imagine. Are you talking about experiencing God or God giving you new revelation that is not in the bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 11:30 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
There's the rub, isn't it Fundy. The bible was a book written by man many years ago. It has been passed from one generation to another. Each time it's passed, the preachers and teachers tell you that you are going to burn in hell or that it's truely Gods word. After a while, people will start to believe it's true so then that gets passed from generation to generation untill a bunch of people believe it. Then, along comes a new revelation and because the men who believe the bible is the word of God, no other truth will be listened to no matter what.

The bible is not the word of God and was never intended to be that. The writers just wrote their own stories to pass on to their children. Write your own story, Fundy. Be the Love you were meant to be so that the Truth can fill your heart. Just BE Love. Love another even if they disagree with you. Love another even if they harm you. Love another even if they lie, cheat or steal. just Be in the world without being of it. Be Love. That is what Jesus wants and that is what God created us to be. LOVE.
Actually the rub is with you so none of what you say can be proven but that we should take your word. You accuse pastors and teachers for putting a spin on things but aren't you doing the same and if not how do you prove you aren't?

You keep saying love, love, love like it is somehow our salvation, that the criteria to get in heaven is to love apart from God's grace. That's legalism

Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Actually the rub is with you so none of what you say can be proven but that we should take your word. You accuse pastors and teachers for putting a spin on things but aren't you doing the same and if not how do you prove you aren't?

You keep saying love, love, love like it is somehow our salvation, that the criteria to get in heaven is to love apart from God's grace. That's legalism
Huh????? How is loving God and loving others legalism????

Old 01-08-2010, 01:09 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
(CONTINUED FROM ANOTHER THREAD)

I am confused because I see and hear God in everything including the worst scenario you could imagine. Are you talking about experiencing God or God giving you new revelation that is not in the bible?
I'm talking about both....God often reveals new things to me....new interpretations.....shows me the proper meanings and how to apply them in my life.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:19 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
God's "additional" revelation is revealing what His written word says. The written word can be translated 1000 different ways, but the Spirit will not lead us astray from what it says. He will simply reveal the truth that is otherwise a mystery - the Bible is a spiritual book about God (who is spirit) and our spirit. His spirit is the only one that can reveal truth.

As we grow in His knowledge (about Him and in Him), we will see things that were there all along, but couldn't receive them - not for an unknown reason, but that we haven't yet been conformed to His image by the renewing of our mind and the flesh has not been dealt with at that time. As the cross is applied to us, we are able to accept what is otherwise an offense to the carnal mind.

Quote:
These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:13-14)

Old 01-08-2010, 01:20 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
constantly...........

Old 01-08-2010, 01:47 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:

Your very own bible teaches to love. Love God with all your heart mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself. Are you saying I'm wrong? Are you saying that loving others is not what God would have us do? Didn't Jesus teach that to the apostles? Didn't He say that those commandments fulfill all the Law?

Love is the saving grace. No one will pay your bills for you, Fundy. No One. YOU will have to pay to the last farthing. That is in your bible as well.

By the way, God's grace IS Love. Divine Love. You must be Divine in order to see God. You cannot get that anywhere but from God. All it takes is a simple pray asking God for His very substance. If I'm wrong, prove that. Pray for this Love and if you don't receive it, I'll be the bad guy. Don't expect it to happen overnight but it will surely come as there are stars in the sky. You are the only one that can prove it as I cannot. It's a soul thing and not a material thing.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:49 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
God reveals higher truths to those who choose to do His will. He does it everyday. God has no bounderies to what He will reveal. His truths are too great to fit them all in the bible. We are evolving into a higher consciousness. If we stay the way the bible wants us to, we will cease to exist because we are not evolving to something greater.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:03 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
God's "additional" revelation is revealing what His written word says. The written word can be translated 1000 different ways, but the Spirit will not lead us astray from what it says. He will simply reveal the truth that is otherwise a mystery - the Bible is a spiritual book about God (who is spirit) and our spirit. His spirit is the only one that can reveal truth.

As we grow in His knowledge (about Him and in Him), we will see things that were there all along, but couldn't receive them - not for an unknown reason, but that we haven't yet been conformed to His image by the renewing of our mind and the flesh has not been dealt with at that time. As the cross is applied to us, we are able to accept what is otherwise an offense to the carnal mind.
Nice!!!

Old 01-08-2010, 02:36 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Nice!!!
I am not sure what this thread started out to be because it says that it is continued, however I do believe that in Revelation it is said that we are not to add anything to the book or take anything away..

The Revelations that God gives are usually confirmation to what is already in the Word of God and can be verified with Scripture. For example God has given me revelation through dreams but I can always confirm it in the scripture. If I can't confirm it I usually don't pay attention to it.

The Word is Truth and man is sinful, Jesus said so himself in Matthew when He said He intrusted himself to no man because He knew what was in man.

Therefore, I don't believe everything I hear because I don't want to fill my mind with lies. How can we know when something (a Revelation) is from God or man? By testing it through scripture..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity