Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 07:20 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Let the scripture speak for itself. In the New Covenant, whether you consider its justification future or past tense:
I did.

Quote:
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

None of these will enter into it.
Of course there wont be. There wont be anyone still defiled at that point. So everyone will be allowed in the Gates. Why do you think the GATES are NOT shut? I have already showed you that is says that EVERY TONGUE shall confess. That is future tense. So at some time in the future - NOBODY shall be defiled because all will be confessing that Jesus is Lord to the GLORY OF GOD.

Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Quote:
But:

...the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

Why is this so? Because:
The gates are not shut because at that point there will no longer be anyone that need to be barred from entering.

Quote:
...the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Of coure

Quote:
Bye Bye Universalism.
See I just showed you that none of what you said refute God's Gospel of Universal Salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Why do you continue to support something that is not biblical? It is contrary to His Word to claim everyone will be saved. Salvation is offered to all, but some will refuse it.
Nobody has been able to show me that it isn't biblical - only the contrary that Universal Salvation is the core of God's Wonderful Gospel. In fact, what I find is that the scriptures refute any contrary view to Universal Salvation.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen.....ILNC ! Yes, it is awful to read such arrogant, self-righteous twisting of God's precious word that some proclaim to be truth.....
Though one day the TRUTH will be revealed and some will weep bitterly as their knee bows, confessing Jesus is Lord, that they had not chose to listen to the Holy Spirit as He came through many to give the way of escape to come out from under the lie.
Yes, one day the Truth will be known by everyone - NONE EXCLUDED:

1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Notice it says ALL shall come to the knowledge of the Truth.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:26 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
See I just showed you that none of what you said refute God's Gospel of Universal Salvation.
Exactly!

Its funny, often times people will state 'X', and then say "therefore because of 'X', Universalism is false" (or in this case "bye bye Universalism").

But when you actually go and examine 'X', it is actually completely compatible (and actually provides further evidence) for Universalism.

People will see what they want. We should all pray for more understanding and the humility to see it.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Legoman,

the nations which are saved

Are you saying that everyone is saved, regardless of their belief?
This is what Unversalism teaches. This is in error.

Here is another:

Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Bye Bye Universalism.
I have never met a universalist (not to say there isn't some) that believe that a person will be saved regardless of their belief. I an the universalists that I know continue to preach that God will bring us ALL to believe. So maybe you don't know as much about us universalists as you thought you did.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Exactly!

Its funny, often times people will say 'X', and then say "therefore because of 'X', Universalism is false" (or in this case "bye bye Universalism").

But when you actually go and examine 'X', it is actually completely compatible (and actually provides further evidence) for Universalism.

People will see what they want. We should all pray for more understanding and the humility to see it.
Go ask an eternal torment believer to show you proof from scripture that EVERYONE will one day know the Truth and they will quote you these verses:

1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

But the minute you say "looky there, it also says everyone will be saved", they will deny the same everyone that is going to receive the Truth there applies also to those being saved. It is a gotcha!

Old 01-17-2010, 07:33 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
I have never met a universalist (not to say there isn't some) that believe that a person will be saved regardless of their belief. I an the universalists that I know continue to preach that God will bring us ALL to believe. So maybe you don't know as much about us universalists as you thought you did.
Bingo. This is a common straw man used do dismiss Universalism. "Universalists think you can believe whatever you want and make it to heaven". Um, no, we do not.

We believe God has the power, ability and willingness to save every single individual, and we believe He will accomplish this on His time schedule (not ours). Scripture confirms this.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:34 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Nobody has been able to show me that it isn't biblical - only the contrary that Universal Salvation is the core of God's Wonderful Gospel. In fact, what I find is that the scriptures refute any contrary view to Universal Salvation.
Because only the Holy Spirit can show you the truth, which you have turned a blind eye to.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen....

John 3:17-21
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

John 5:25-29
25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
We have all been condemned. Your in Adam and receiving a JUDGEMENT already which is DEATH. Why do you think a baby CAN even die at all? Death is ONLY given to those that received the condemnation which is given to those that Sin and to those that are of the body of Adam. Do you think you great Christian living and spirit is stopping you from getting older and decaying? Think again. You received a condemnation and your living it.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:36 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
No I am not saying that, and neither does Christian Universalism (Unitarian Universalism is a different story, I'm not familiar with it). It seems you have built a straw man of Christain Universalism to knock down, because no biblically-based Christian universalist I know believes what you imply here.

Sounds like to me if anyone does His commandments, they have a right to the tree of life and may enter the gates of the city.

Hello Universalism!

You see, neither of these passages imply any "final point of no return beyond which one can be saved" scenario. The gates are ALWAYS OPEN.
Explain to me what the difference is between the two types of Universalism and who made up that word because I don't see it in the Bible...

In fact I don't see any denominational name in the Bible. I only call myself a believer of Christ, a following of Christ, a child of the living God, a Christian. I don't call myself a Lutheran, Methodist, Universalist ect.. Please keep your comment on topic sense this is my thread and it is about my brother.

Perhaps my brother is not a Universalist. Maybe he has a mixing of different beliefs. I know that he mentioned that he attended a universalist church in chicago at one time.. He doesn't read the Bible, doesn't talk about sin, thinks everyone is going to heaven, doesn't believe in God and talks to the dead and uses mediums...

Maybe I worded my thread incorrectly but most of these posts are not dealing with my topic...they are getting off track.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity